Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering why I appear to have lost a few nights and stays for this year as part of the transition. This is very likely the reason why...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Mine are gone. They show in the activity but, my nights for this year dropped 10 nights as I have both business and personal.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
I seem to have gotten whacked as well. Have the Chase and Amex Card. Maybe they will repost the AMEX ones in a few days?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Mine are there. However, when I look at the nights detail, all SPG nights are shown as "paid nights". The total is correct (I kept screen shots), but it is not correctly reflecting which came from credit cards, which are award nights and which are paid. As the total is right, it doesn't matter and I don't care.

I merged accounts this afternoon and all nights transferred in the merger and all legacy SPG nights for 2018 are showing as paid nights. No big deal.

But somehow over the weekend I did pick up 28 extra lifetime SPG nights. I really don't need these and wouldn't care if they stay or disappear, but it is wrong. It is the exact number of my YTD SPG nights so I wonder if they added by YTD nights to my YTD lifetime nights and thus double counted this year in the lifetime total.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The posters in this thread who did NOT lose the 5 Amex nights did not explicitly say whether they also have the Visa Chase as of today.

Is there someone with both cards who still have the 5 night credit on SPG and 15 night credit on Marriott's side?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: JL JGC Sapphire, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have Amex spg and Chase Marriott and Chase Ritz cards and both my spg and Marriott nights from credit cards are still there. The 5 nights from spg are showing as paid nights instead of credit card nights though. Maybe you'd wanna re-tally your nights?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:50 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by terry1993
I have Amex spg and Chase Marriott and Chase Ritz cards and both my spg and Marriott nights from credit cards are still there. The 5 nights from spg are showing as paid nights instead of credit card nights though. Maybe you'd wanna re-tally your nights?
Thanks for confirming. That means that all of us who are missing the 5 nights should expect to get them back once issues are resolved, rather than Marriott deciding that we cannot get 5+15 this year of we have both cards.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, WN Companion
As a more detailed follow-up:

Issues - with SPG account only (Marriott side I have no recent data to cause problems)
1) All August activity is missing from the totals currently (points and nights)
2) AMEX credit card nights are also missing
3) As a result, recently gained Lifetime Status is also incorrect

These are issues myself and several coworkers are all having.

Wrote Customer Care an email, I assume the poor folks there are overwhelmed currently and will await a response.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by terry1993
Maybe you'd wanna re-tally your nights?
Lol it's pretty obvious they're gone when both your SPG total and combined total has dropped by x nights (in my case four, which makes no sense at all).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
The posters in this thread who did NOT lose the 5 Amex nights did not explicitly say whether they also have the Visa Chase as of today.

Is there someone with both cards who still have the 5 night credit on SPG and 15 night credit on Marriott's side?
I actually have all four cards (SPG AMEX Personal and Business, Chase Marriott Visa Personal and Business) and I received and retained 40 nights total (5 each for AMEX and 15 each for Visa). This is making PPE very easy for me to obtain this year. Three nights to go till 75 this year.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:19 am

Has anyone got the anniversary free night certificate? How long does it take after the annual fee has been posted?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jrey
How long does it take after the annual fee has been posted?
The Free Night Award will be automatically deposited into your loyalty member account within 8-12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date in the form of an e-certificate. You will receive an email from SPG to the email address listed on your loyalty member account confirming that the Free Night Award e-certificate has been deposited into your loyalty member account. The email will also provide instructions on how to redeem your Free Night Award e-certificate. To redeem the Free Night Award e-certificate, you must log into your loyalty member account and apply the e-certificate during booking. The Free Night Award e-certificate will expire after 1 year from issuance. E-certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. To qualify for the Free Night Award, your account must be open and not in default at the time of the Free Night Award e-certificate issuance. Please visit spg.com/cert for a list of participating properties.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:11 am

Yes that's what it said in the T&C. I meant is there any data point yet?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:16 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
removed

Last edited by wma; Aug 22, 2018 at 9:17 am Reason: mistake
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:51 am

Dang, good job with the 40 nights from CC's this year,RobUAIntl.

I only had SPG Amex nights, 5 each from personal and biz, and those 10 came over after I combined my accounts. Sort of tangential question, do the current Marriott CCs that give you silver status give that to you by giving you 15 qualifying nights, or just give you the status and you get 15 qualifying nights starting in 2019? I ask because it looks like I'm going to be 7-8 nights short of 50 this year. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.