Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the card is chipped. I do not know how the chip is made, but I can't wait to buy a bunch of chips on ebay.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'm in the same boat and have been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks, but haven't gotten around to making a call. My sign-up bonus posted, as did my first couple of stays, but nothing since mid-December.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:28 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I guess it's personal taste. My son (28) hates the new design. My husband prefers it. I'm neutral.

I'm curious about the schedule for rolling these out. My husband, my oldest son and I all received ours, but my sister and my youngest son have not yet received replacements.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
I carry one card for business and one for personal. The benefit to the new card design is the "tag" on the end of the card indicating which card it is. Although I have the two numbers memorized, it still seems like I always pull the wrong card out first, and end up using the wrong one 15% of the time. Virtually impossible to when the label is right there for me to read.
I'm glad you mentioned this... I was having the damnest time looking closely to see if I was using the business or personal version--I didn't even notice the word "business" running vertically! ^
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
what happened to the word "platinum" on the new design?
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
definitely agree with those who prefer the look of the older card better...newer card even feels more flimsy. guess it's not really a big deal.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:02 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, DL
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
definitely agree with those who prefer the look of the older card better...newer card even feels more flimsy. guess it's not really a big deal.
well i noticed my interest rate went up
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:04 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, DL
well i noticed my interest rate went up
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:31 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rhetor
I'm glad you mentioned this... I was having the damnest time looking closely to see if I was using the business or personal version--I didn't even notice the word "business" running vertically! ^
Heh, first thing I noticed, which is why I love the new card (seems like I may be the only one).
Old Feb 11, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum; DL, BA; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lerasp
i just got the new card as well, and the expiration on it is May 2007! it's 3 months! and no, the original expiration date on my previous card is 2008. what is up with that? it's just one more annoying call i have to make to get them to resend a card that has more than 3 months on it.

Same thing happened to me. I haven't had the time to make the call, hoping *wood would fix it themselves...too much to hope for ?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 8:53 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Starwood Owner - Maui and Scottsdale
My old card doesn't expire until '09 - any reason I can't just keep using it?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
Originally Posted by PatFlyer
Same thing happened to me. I haven't had the time to make the call, hoping *wood would fix it themselves...too much to hope for ?
It's way to much to hope for to expect a hotel frequent stay program to fix your credit card. Try calling the credit card company instead.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
Originally Posted by DeniseM
My old card doesn't expire until '09 - any reason I can't just keep using it?
I would assume that as long as you haven't called in to activate the new replacement card, then I see no reason why you couldn't continue to use your old card until its expiration date.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
can someone comment if these new cards have a Holigram Stripe on the back?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by schnitzer
can someone comment if these new cards have a Holigram Stripe on the back?
Yes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.