Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

SpringHill Suites EWR email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels near Newark Airport EWR, NJ

Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Where does the Ren EWR airport pick up from? I'll be coming in on Amtrak.
Hotel shuttles pick up guests at AirTrain station P4:

https://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/...rtrain-map.pdf

You can take the AirTrain from the Amtrak station to P4.

For departures the hotel shuttles drop off passengers at the various terminals depending on the airline.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Interesting experience at RI Elizabeth/Liberty International Airport

I stayed this past weekend and arrived at around 11 pm. Front desk agent was very polite, was kind of trying his best to be polite kind of deal, thanked me for being Platinum but apologized that since it was a weekend and all sold out, no upgrades. Fine not a big deal. Got my key card and when I opened up my room, door jam was on and I realized someone was in my room (an outline of a person in bed asleep was the last thing I saw as the door shut). Back to the front desk, the clerk's exact words were, "That's strange, there should be no one in that room." Got my key card re-programmed then went to my room, again door jam was on but the room was dark, no lights on.

So at this point I'm a bit annoyed but not angry and I tell him again that there's someone in the 2nd room that I was given since the door jam was on. This time, he apologizes profusely and then gives me a 3rd room. This time, it was indeed empty.
As I'm getting my bags out of my car and into the side entrance, the clerk happens to be there and offers to help me bring my bags up to my room. At nearly midnight and with 2 rollers, I don't refuse since I'm tired out of my mind (having been on the road for 3 hrs prior).

At checkout, the front desk offers to refund the $20 parking fee to park on site. Since I was staying on points, I wasn't really concerned with that but it was a nice gesture.
I'm not going to make any assumptions or pass any false judgment on this RI but it was an interesting experience I thought I would share on here.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I'm not going to make any assumptions or pass any false judgment on this RI but it was an interesting experience I thought I would share on here.
thanks for sharing....i'm considering either staying here or at the courtyard next door for a night next month....anyone else with a recent stay at either one of these properties????
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Odd, I'd be more pissed at the $20 fee in the first place at a RI and the fact that he didn't offer to leave his desk to make sure the 3rd time was truly the charm but a smoke break was apparently ok. But glad it all worked out.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
Odd, I'd be more pissed at the $20 fee in the first place at a RI and the fact that he didn't offer to leave his desk to make sure the 3rd time was truly the charm but a smoke break was apparently ok. But glad it all worked out.
I don't think it's odd at all that a hotel charges for parking in a high rent district like the NY Metro area, even if it is an airport hotel. Do other EWR area hotels not charge for parking?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
I don't expect too much staying at RIs, SHSs and CYs. Spottng him on his smoke break was a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.
I did a quick search of all Marriott properties in the Newark Liberty Airport area, and it appears all of them charge for parking. I do know, having stayed there, that the SHS Newark Liberty charges $10, not $20. However, that hotel is so hard to access by car. It's the only reason I tried the RI this time around.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
However, that hotel is so hard to access by car. It's the only reason I tried the RI this time around.
I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at any of the three spots - CY, SHS and FI - that are on the little island between I-76 and US 1/US 9. I've stayed at all three. The location isn't that hard to get to, relative to a lot of spots in New Jersey where you have to drive a mile or two to find a jug handle to u-turn so you can get to the other side of the road.

The main problem is that those hotels - even the Courtyard - have paper thin walls. You will hear highway traffic, planes taking off and people and televisions in the other rooms.

Last edited by bdschobel; Oct 21, 2017 at 1:24 pm Reason: Coding
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by catocony

The main problem is that those hotels - even the Courtyard - have paper thin walls. You will hear highway traffic, planes taking off and people and televisions in the other rooms.
I too have been to all 3 and I definitely agree with you. I found the SHS to be the least worst of the 3 and FI the worst.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:31 pm

I too have been to all 3 and I definitely agree with you. I found the SHS to be the least worst of the 3 and FI the worst.
How are the RI and the CY that are on International Blvd, on the south side of the airport?

Edit: My instinct would be to stay at the RI for the bigger room, and walk across the parking lot to the Bistro for dinner. We'll be leaving too early to take advantage of Breakfast. And OH, they are both 5 or under for any 1-5 certificates.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Oct 22, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
How are the RI and the CY that are on International Blvd, on the south side of the airport?

Edit: My instinct would be to stay at the RI for the bigger room, and walk across the parking lot to the Bistro for dinner. We'll be leaving too early to take advantage of Breakfast. And OH, they are both 5 or under for any 1-5 certificates.
I found the RI to be decent. Very standard RI, if not bigger than most RI properties. Be prepared to pay for parking, that's the only caveat.
I couldn't tell you about the CY though. I probably stayed at this RI for less than 6 hours. It was just a bed for sleeping, in my case.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:29 pm

I found the RI to be decent. Very standard RI, if not bigger than most RI properties. Be prepared to pay for parking, that's the only caveat.
I couldn't tell you about the CY though. I probably stayed at this RI for less than 6 hours. It was just a bed for sleeping, in my case.
I'm interested in the "quietness" since the cluster of the other 3 seem to have many complaints of noise - both internal and external.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:50 pm

I'm interested in the "quietness" since the cluster of the other 3 seem to have many complaints of noise - both internal and external.
For the RI, it was a full house when I stayed but I had no noise coming from my neighbors. Also, the RI and CY on International Blvd is far enough from the airport, highways that there is no traffic or noise at night.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:32 am

For the RI, it was a full house when I stayed but I had no noise coming from my neighbors. Also, the RI and CY on International Blvd is far enough from the airport, highways that there is no traffic or noise at night.
Thanks, I need an overnight at EWR next year, sounds like a good use of a 1-5 certificate. ^
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:18 am

I did a quick search of all Marriott properties in the Newark Liberty Airport area, and it appears all of them charge for parking. I do know, having stayed there, that the SHS Newark Liberty charges $10, not $20. However, that hotel is so hard to access by car. It's the only reason I tried the RI this time around.
The ironic thing is the Country Inn & Suites right across from the RI does not charge for parking.

I know space is a premium in the NYC area, but those cluster of hotels right next to the mall, doesn't actually need to charge for parking and some don't.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

i'm thinking the same thing....i need to be in this area for one night next month & i'm tempted to go with the ri for the larger room....when is your stay????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.