Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
The property does not participate in Suite Night Awards.
Print Wikipost

Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Miyako Kyoto Station Shuttle

Originally Posted by luna6
(I believe) You could even check out, give your suitcase to hotel staff, go sightsee for last day, pick up luggage at satellite office later that day when your ready to take train to Osaka. Yes the satellite office is for storing luggage in situations like yours.

Thanks for this helpful posting.

BTW does the shuttle only go to Kyoto Station? I was looking at a Kyoto map and I notice that Kyoto Kawaramachi Station is (or could be) on driving route from the Miyako hotel to Kyoto station.

Is it possible to get off en route?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
Thanks for this helpful posting.

BTW does the shuttle only go to Kyoto Station? I was looking at a Kyoto map and I notice that Kyoto Kawaramachi Station is (or could be) on driving route from the Miyako hotel to Kyoto station.

Is it possible to get off en route?
The shuttle bus does 3 (from memory) stops before final stop at Kyoto Station. You can get off at any of those shuttle stops. You can't get on the shuttle to the hotel except from Kyoto Station though (i.e. if your going to the hotel you can only hop on at Kyoto Station, if your leaving the hotel you can get off at any of the stops). I don't think the shuttle stops at Kyoto Kawaramachi Station, but it does stop by Gion Shijo which is really close (a block or two away). I think the three stops are Sanjo Station, Kawabata Dori and Shijo Dori. You want to get off at either Kawabata Dori or Shijo Dori (though they are not far from each other and you could easily walk to your destination from either one of them).
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by luna6
The shuttle bus does 3 (from memory) stops before final stop at Kyoto Station. You can get off at any of those shuttle stops. You can't get on the shuttle to the hotel except from Kyoto Station though (i.e. if your going to the hotel you can only hop on at Kyoto Station, if your leaving the hotel you can get off at any of the stops). I don't think the shuttle stops at Kyoto Kawaramachi Station, but it does stop by Gion Shijo which is really close (a block or two away). I think the three stops are Sanjo Station, Kawabata Dori and Shijo Dori. You want to get off at either Kawabata Dori or Shijo Dori (though they are not far from each other and you could easily walk to your destination from either one of them).
This is very helpful. Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
non smoking room

can someone tell me the odds of getting a non-smoking room, i am platinum and reserved 3 rooms with the notes that we need non -smoking rooms, but they say on the website it isnt guaranteed, any experience with success when asking?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have had rooms 3 times. the hotel was booked full all 3 times. we had non-smoking rooms on a non-smoking floor all three times.

i no platinum, or anything else.
Old May 1, 2015, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan 2007 on [Master Thread]

About the only thing they do well here is the shuttle and honoring the non-smoking requests. But not every room on the floor (or at least my. Floor) is non- smoking. Smelled plenty of smoke in the hall near the elevator - I think there were some suites there and maybe they were exempt.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
bus for non guests

Originally Posted by Boraxo
About the only thing they do well here is the shuttle and honoring the non-smoking requests. .
Agreed. I can add that as a guest of SRO, I took the shuttle yesterday - no questions asked! At Osaka JR Station, it was strange to be thanked for staying at the Westin Miyato..........thanks and no thanks!

The bus departs at .15 & .45 after each hour and takes approx. 20 minutes to do the circuit.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:52 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recent experiences with having children in their room with them? We had a wonderful stay there some years ago and they allowed us to have two children in our junior sweet, one on the pullout sofa bed and one on a rollaway.

Also, does anyone have the name and email address of the GM for the Westin Miyako Kyoto?

TIA!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Disappointed

Location is fair, close to subway. Shuttle bus in poor repair. making an awful sound like clutch or power steering about to go. No door men / bell men at 8 AM. Staff friendly enough. Lounge is a joke. Can't even get a coke during the day. Shortest happy hour at only 2 hours, cheap.

Room was dated. Some of it renovated, but not well done. Bathroom small with one of those monster sinks with little counter space. Room smelled, dirty carpet, and garbage on floor. No plugs for device charging.

In comparison, my recent stays at Sheraton Hiroshima and Yokohama were far superior. Definitely lacking attention to detail in Kyoto. Even the breakfast buffet wasn't as good. Something just didn't feel right at this property.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
One more thing: WiFi slow and needed complex password that worked only for the room. Couldn't log in from lounge or lobby. Surely, in 2015, we can have seamless WiFi throughout the property.

The 1980s pink carpet in the ballroom / conference centre should also be addressed. It's filthy.

Last edited by YWG-RO; Jun 14, 2015 at 5:44 am
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YWG-RO
One more thing: WiFi slow and needed complex password that worked only for the room. Couldn't log in from lounge or lobby. Surely, in 2015, we can have seamless WiFi throughout the property.

The 1980s pink carpet in the ballroom / conference centre should also be addressed. It's filthy.
not the same place we stayed. concierge was great. place very clean. did not check 8am for hatcheck girl. . wifi was slow. always is at a hotel. help was wonderful. no smoke smell problems. pajamas were too small. did a lot of bus ride. no problems or noise with the bus. we used the big conference room one day. although idid not do a floor crawl, seemed fine to me.

furniture was dated, but clean and comfortable.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:13 pm

Had a stay during busy sakura season (no status) so wasn't first choice hotel as everything else was booked. As others mentioned, definitely dated. But we were hardly in the room at all so it was fine. Got a non-smoking room easily by emailing ahead of time. Location actually isn't bad (especially for not being in the exact center of town) as it's right near a subway station and walking distance to some temples and up to the Philosopher's path. In-house/adjacent hotpot restaurant was pretty good as well.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
is it me or did the rates for this hotel skyrocket? I can't seem to find a room below $300 anymore. i used to be able to stay here for around $190-200.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evident
is it me or did the rates for this hotel skyrocket? I can't seem to find a room below $300 anymore. i used to be able to stay here for around $190-200.
when you looking? the rates are very date dependent, and current vacancy count for those days. i do not think they adjust for day to day rates, but charge highest day rate for all days.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by slawecki
when you looking? the rates are very date dependent, and current vacancy count for those days. i do not think they adjust for day to day rates, but charge highest day rate for all days.
mid and late november, around the 8th and 9th, and around the 24th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.