Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]

Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
For a discussion around all the Marriott Bonvoy hotels visit the Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand thread.

From LIH Prem's signature.

SPG and Marriott BKK property map
Print Wikipost

Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]

Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You can avoid this by walking one more block to Soi Thaniya (which runs parallel to Patpong), where the touts are a bit more tame and have little interest in you if you're not Japanese.
Just experienced the opposite twice on that soi, plus once on the Surawongse portion going toward Soi Patpong and Le Meridien, during the same walk. It really does not bother me anymore, as I get rid of these guys very quickly without looking or talking to them.

BTW, I am not Japanese.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:08 am
Suspended

Just wondered does anyone know about limo or car transfer from airport to hotel? I seem i recall someone said there is a counter at the airport offer some good limo and the price is much better than ordering from hotel. Anyone know about this?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Just wondered does anyone know about limo or car transfer from airport to hotel? I seem i recall someone said there is a counter at the airport offer some good limo and the price is much better than ordering from hotel. Anyone know about this?
AOT counter on arrival at domestic or international. Be sure to ask about all the different cars available as typically they try to sell you on a BMW 7 series or similar (expensive) while you can also book a Nissan or similar for much les money- if you also pay for the return trip at the same time you receive a discount of 25% on the return trip. Both ways works out to 1800 or 1900 THB IIRC all in. I usually also give the driver a small tip unless they drive dangerously or are in some way not giving good service (unusual).
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
AOT counter on arrival at domestic or international. Be sure to ask about all the different cars available as typically they try to sell you on a BMW 7 series or similar (expensive) while you can also book a Nissan or similar for much les money- if you also pay for the return trip at the same time you receive a discount of 25% on the return trip. Both ways works out to 1800 or 1900 THB IIRC all in. I usually also give the driver a small tip unless they drive dangerously or are in some way not giving good service (unusual).
Thanks however compare to hotel isn't it around the same?
Sorry another question, is there an ATM near the arrivals?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks however compare to hotel isn't it around the same?
Sorry another question, is there an ATM near the arrivals?
Yes there is an ATM in arrivals international. Domestic I don't think so- but there are also one or two near the 7-11 in the arrivals area and also the exchange counters.

I think the price is around half (or a little bit less) of the hotel price IIRC.

The price I advised you is the round trip price.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:33 am
Suspended

Yes there is an ATM in arrivals international. Domestic I don't think so- but there are also one or two near the 7-11 in the arrivals area and also the exchange counters.

I think the price is around half (or a little bit less) of the hotel price IIRC.

The price I advised you is the round trip price.
Oh thanks Just wondered is I worth it getting. Nicer car?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh thanks Just wondered is I worth it getting. Nicer car?
A lot of discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...on-thread.html

The car is nicer, the driver is slower, no need to pay for road tolls, and lower overall chance of an accident or frayed nerves (taxi can be very rattling at times and a few of my colleagues have had some pretty bad bang ups on the toll road). Your call really. If you are by yourself and don't have a lot of luggage the BTS is especially good if you are staying at either the Westin or even better the SGS.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:39 am
Suspended

A lot of discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...on-thread.html

The car is nicer, the driver is slower, no need to pay for road tolls, and lower overall chance of an accident or frayed nerves (taxi can be very rattling at times and a few of my colleagues have had some pretty bad bang ups on the toll road). Your call really. If you are by yourself and don't have a lot of luggage the BTS is especially good if you are staying at either the Westin or even better the SGS.
Thanks
I def will not get taxi as I had bad experience

For the car service u mentioned is it worthwhile getting a better car eg. Merc or BMW and r they immediately available?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
I def will not get taxi as I had bad experience

For the car service u mentioned is it worthwhile getting a better car eg. Merc or BMW and r they immediately available?
Personally the car is not that important to me- if you want a Mercedes you should check against the hotel rates for SGS pickup as I think there the prices may be closer together- some posters here on FT have said they prefer the SGS pickup service as the registration is done in the car on the way to the hotel IIRC?

Certainly AOT almost always has BMW/Mercedes available- you can also book in advance http://www.aot-limousine.com/customi...E-90997-2.html.

I sometimes use a hotel car to go back to the airport if I haven't booked AOT in advance and am not in the mood to deal with the taxi- IIRC it is 5000 THB from SGS to airport or you can also use SPG points to pay for it?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:51 am
Suspended

Personally the car is not that important to me- if you want a Mercedes you should check against the hotel rates for SGS pickup as I think there the prices may be closer together- some posters here on FT have said they prefer the SGS pickup service as the registration is done in the car on the way to the hotel IIRC?

Certainly AOT almost always has BMW/Mercedes available- you can also book in advance http://www.aot-limousine.com/customi...E-90997-2.html.

I sometimes use a hotel car to go back to the airport if I haven't booked AOT in advance and am not in the mood to deal with the taxi- IIRC it is 5000 THB from SGS to airport or you can also use SPG points to pay for it?
I'm actually staying at the W. yes I know I really can't get rid of the Sheraton brand in my mind.

But thanks for ur advice.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:58 am
Suspended

Also where is AOT exactly?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Also where is AOT exactly?
Airports of Thailand
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
2700++ for an S / 7 IIRC.

correctioncx - maybe you should read up some older threads instead of asking each question separately?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by remymartin
2700++ for an S / 7 IIRC.

correctioncx - maybe you should read up some older threads instead of asking each question separately?
Thanks

The search function doesn't work.

If 2700 then same as W offer so no need.
Might brave it and take taxi
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:28 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Thanks but it seems the sheratons r really old and the pool looks dirty for the promo pics and Sheraton seems to be tier 3 in starwood
Thanks

The search function doesn't work.

If 2700 then same as W offer so no need.
Might brave it and take taxi
Search actually does work. You can search in thread, search in the SPG forum or use the Google Search option. Lots of ways to find information. If you need assistance in how to use the search options, let me know by PM.

I always take a taxi. Easy, cheap, quick.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.