Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 10, 20, 1:43 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the Day of Silence, marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 27, 10, 9:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
I have tried both properties and to me St Regis is the best.
I have never had to pay for Breakfast at St Regis but I believe the room rates include the breakfast. Kayuputi, breakfast restaurant, the heated pool etc... mean that St Regis is my favorite.

Not to forget that IC is an older property which cuts both ways (some of the palm trees at St Regis look rather famelic)
Old Apr 26, 10, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, BD Gold, Amex Plat, CX Gold
Lagoon Villa

For those that are interested, you can currently book 5 nights in a lagoon villa with various package extras for $650/night INCLUDING tax via luxurylink website as a 'buy it now' purchase. I've just booked 5 nights there without problem.

Incidently, St Regis has offered to swap the lagoon villa for a gardenia villa free of charge - is this a good deal?
Old Apr 26, 10, 11:20 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Too bad this place is so expensive or we would get more input and feedback on it.
Old Apr 26, 10, 4:23 pm

I'll post a report after my trip next month :-)
BTW this luxurylink deal is easily the best deal I have found - I was totally sceptical of it but the hotel contacted me directly to confirm and even threw in a few extras. Totally chuffed, and I doubt you'll beat a Lagoon villa for $650 nett any where (is $1300 nett through St Regis website, $1100 nett including free night)
Old Apr 26, 10, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
We stayed in March and loved it. We paid $450/night for an Ocean View Suite (technically, we were upgraded to this class of room). Rate included the breakfast for 2. We felt we got good value for money, considering how nice the resort was.
Old Apr 26, 10, 5:35 pm

That's a great deal, thanks for the link. The Ocean View Suites (really just one big open room) are a good deal at $400-ish which is the promo price I can often find, but an extra $200 for a Villa is stellar.

Originally Posted by 5mSvGlow View Post
I'll post a report after my trip next month :-)
BTW this luxurylink deal is easily the best deal I have found - I was totally sceptical of it but the hotel contacted me directly to confirm and even threw in a few extras. Totally chuffed, and I doubt you'll beat a Lagoon villa for $650 nett any where (is $1300 nett through St Regis website, $1100 nett including free night)
Old Apr 26, 10, 5:52 pm

Just for clarity, to get this deal you need to use the luxurylink 10% off code.
This code is COUPCAB10.
You can also get 7% cashback via quidco - I completely forgot to do this though.

BTW I am in no way linked to luxurylink, have just been doing my homework recently.
Old Apr 27, 10, 12:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
This code is COUPCAB10.
You can also get 7% cashback via quidco - I completely forgot to do this though.

BTW I am in no way linked to luxurylink, have just been doing my homework recently.
that is a great offer...i have wondered do luxurylink bookings earn SPG points?
Old Apr 27, 10, 2:07 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
This code is COUPCAB10.

Please explain quidco.

Also did you get platinum benefits, stay/night credit and points when booking through luxurylink?
Old Apr 27, 10, 3:13 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer View Post
that is a great offer...i have wondered do luxurylink bookings earn SPG points?
Does luxurylink send you to the hotel's website for reservation? If so, then it will be eligible. Are there any disclaimer that clarifies the fact that no Starpoints will be earned?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Apr 27, 10, 3:49 am

To address these questions:

1. Quidco.com = cash back website. Have a look at it, it explains the process. They pass advertising revenue directly on to you (transferred to your bank via BACS). It really works, there are thousands of links (eg luxurylink, expedia, hilton, HI, laterooms etc...). I make about $700/year from this.

2. The booking for St Regis is entirely through the luxurylink website. You click buy it now (+10% off code as detailed), and they contact St Regis on your behalf. They emailed me the next day to confirm the booking. If there is no availability they don't charge you. I felt uncomfortable about this arrangement to start with but can now confirm it all worked as advertised.

3. I emailed St Regis to add my SPG details to the booking, which they did within 1 hour. It now shows on my SPG account. I have no idea about points earning I'm afraid though, but there is no disclaimer to this effect. I do believe there are no platinum benefits at St Regis Bali anyway.

Hope this helps :-)
Old Apr 28, 10, 6:48 am

BTW anybody have any advice on whether we should swap lagoon villa for gardenia villa (Lagoon villas seem to cost $150 more on website, but they offered to swap us to gardenia for more privacy).
Old Apr 28, 10, 6:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
If privacy is not an issue, I would stick to the lagoon villa.
It is a great deal you scored...
I have not tried the gardenia but having stayed in the Lagoon Villa, I would go back anytime. Being able to go from your terrace straight into the main large pool or being in the bale overlooking the lagoon is great.

You could of course stick to the lagoon villa for the time being and ask to visit a Gardenia villa upon check-in.
You can then check both room types before making a decision. It is highly unlikely that the resort is full.
Old Apr 28, 10, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by JohnSIN View Post
If privacy is not an issue, I would stick to the lagoon villa.
It is a great deal you scored...
I have not tried the gardenia but having stayed in the Lagoon Villa, I would go back anytime. Being able to go from your terrace straight into the main large pool or being in the bale overlooking the lagoon is great.

You could of course stick to the lagoon villa for the time being and ask to visit a Gardenia villa upon check-in.
You can then check both room types before making a decision. It is highly unlikely that the resort is full.
I can't imagine wanting to pass on the lagoon villa. As noted, the ability to step right into the lagoon is fabulous. I never found the lagoon to be crowded, so noise shouldn't be a concern. PLUS, the lagoon is sort of a pain to enter if you do NOT have a lagoon villa.

Granted, somebody swimming by in the lagoon MIGHT be able to look up at your bale and tell whether you are reading a book or a newspaper, but that's probably the extent of the detail they could observe. Granted, we were in 826 (at the far end), but noise and/or lack of privacy never once entered our minds. This property is absolutely fabulous, I'm debating whether to book for this August (since I'm not really a fan of Nusa Dua).
Old Apr 30, 10, 4:09 am

Lagoon it is :-) Will report back.

Search this Thread