Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the Day of Silence, marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by UASPG
Just checked the rates at the St Regis for the beginning of July: From 8,464,750 IDR Avg./night (USD 583.51).

Just a bit less toward the end of June From 7,895,125 IDR Avg./night (USD 544.24).

I booked a few nights at the IC with points (I had to cancel 5 nights booked at 14K & 15K pts because EVA cancelled my flights and will have to start my trip in Thailand. The nights are now at 24K pts, so I booked 3 about 10 days later).

Before spending that money at the St Regis, for the end of my trip, I will spend some time searching on:
https://www.airbnb.com/bali-indonesia/stays
Bali seems to be the new St.Barth looking at the hotel rates.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:15 am

Gourmet pass

Any comments on the Gourmet pass rate? It's about $150 more a day. I realize that's expensive by local standards but I also know that a single meal for 2 can easily be $100 at these resorts. For us the benefit would be tea and dinner since we would get Elite bfast benefits

Last edited by bizum; Jun 12, 2022 at 4:29 pm Reason: fixed rate
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by bizum
Any comments on the Gourmet pass rate? It's about $150 more a day. I realize that's expensive by local standards but I also know that a single meal for 2 can easily be $100 at these resorts. For us the benefit would be tea and dinner since we would get Elite bfast benefits
Would not recommend. Elite breakfast here is spectacular in terms of quality and I've never seen a bill. There have been days where we've just eaten breakfast and been full the rest of the day. Not saying that's for everyone, but think the chances that you'll have elite breakfast, tea, and dinner and end up spending more than $150 on food at afternoon tea and dinner are relatively slim.
bizum and 17cc like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:08 am

Im thinking of booking 3 adults in a room; should I book a double or get a king with a rollaway bed? I cant tell if at luxury hotels like at the st. Regis theyre true doubles or queens.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Anyone got links to their menus by any chance?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by kumarshah
Anyone got links to their menus by any chance?
Did you try to Google "St Regis Bali restaurants" or just "St Regis Bali" by any chance?

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 2, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UASPG
Did you try to Google "St Regis Bali restaurants" or just "St Regis Bali" by any chance?
I had checked their official website and it did not have menus.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy: Titanium, IHG: Diamond Ambassador, Accor ALL: Gold
Originally Posted by usefuloxymoron
Im thinking of booking 3 adults in a room; should I book a double or get a king with a rollaway bed? I cant tell if at luxury hotels like at the st. Regis theyre true doubles or queens.
The rooms at St Regis Bali has two doubles (140x200) or the super king (200x200)
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I believe they do.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 12:12 pm

https://www.kayuputibali.com/

Sorry, I couldn't find menus for Boneka and other restaurants at the St. Regis. Kayuputi's Saturday and Sunday brunch is wonderful. The Saturday one does not offer champagne is cheaper. Otherwise, the two brunches are the same.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 1:04 pm

https://www.kayuputibali.com/Resourc...runch-menu.pdf

https://www.kayuputibali.com/resourc...runch-menu.pdf
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I'm thinking about booking for 15 nights this summer, looking at a lagoon 2 bedroom villa (for my wife and 2 children 11/13). But im doubting the duration. Btw, we also have 5 nights at the ritz mandapa (before the st regis)...
another option is to stay maybe 8 nights at the st regis and another 7 at the ritz carlton Nusa Dua...

Any advice?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I love this hotel, but only you know if you want to spend weeks sitting around. I rarely stay more than 3 nights anywhere, so Im not the right person to pass judgement..
PetrozzaFam likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:35 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hdejongh
I'm thinking about booking for 15 nights this summer, looking at a lagoon 2 bedroom villa (for my wife and 2 children 11/13). But im doubting the duration. Btw, we also have 5 nights at the ritz mandapa (before the st regis)...
another option is to stay maybe 8 nights at the st regis and another 7 at the ritz carlton Nusa Dua...

Any advice?
I have only stayed at the RC in the Cliff Villa and it was superb. Largest private pool we have ever had and exemplary club lounge. We picked it because it was much bigger than other villas on offer on the island. My review is in the thread.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:39 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I've stayed at all 3. Mandapa is great only if you stay at their villas, especially their rice field view ones. 15N at STR is definitely overkill, but its definitely miles above RC. So i would pick STR alone instead of mixing it with RC. However, Some variety isn't bad, but instead of spending it at RC, do consider the Apurva Kempinski which i find to be outstanding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.