Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old May 16, 2019, 1:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by cheme24
I just realized my booking says it is for 1 guest, but I will be staying with my wife for our honeymoon. I don't want to change anything online in fear of losing my original 240k/5 nights booking. Would it be an issue if I showed up with my wife even though my reservation says 1 guest? Should I just email them to let them know? Also, I made my reservation in Oct. 2018, and my original email says airport transfer is included. This should still get honored right? Thanks in advance.
Just send them an email. They'll correct the reservation and you'll be fine.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:47 am

Just email them. Do not touch your reservation. 1 or 2 guests are the same points for this location. It's usually more points per guest for all-inclusive resorts.
bizum likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cheme24
I just realized my booking says it is for 1 guest, but I will be staying with my wife for our honeymoon. I don't want to change anything online in fear of losing my original 240k/5 nights booking. Would it be an issue if I showed up with my wife even though my reservation says 1 guest? Should I just email them to let them know? Also, I made my reservation in Oct. 2018, and my original email says airport transfer is included. This should still get honored right? Thanks in advance.
I was in your shoes a few months ago. I can confirm that when I changed from 1 to 2 guests, there were no changes in cost. As for the airport transfer, I would email them and confirm, citing that you made the reservation in Oct 2018. I made my reservation in 2019 and they did NOT include airport transfer, acknowledging that they use to offer it with points stays, but not anymore.
bizum likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott PP, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
I'll edit this post with pictures once I'm back state side as a longer review.. but typing this on my last night of a 5-night points redemption stay here at the St. Regis Bali. To give some insights into a few things that I myself was curious with before my stay... (note that I am a Marriott Titantium member, as I'm not sure if that would impact someone else's experience.)

Booking/Room Related
1) St. Regis emailed me 1-week out from my stay to ask if there was anything they could help with prior to my arrival.
2) I was upgraded to the Plunge Pool Suite room before I arrived (I could see it in the Marriott App), which I actually really liked!
3) I had no issues with mosquitoes at all. The outside area was very usable for me.
4) They do provide a notice that they fumigate every Tues, Thur, and Saturday between 4:30 - 6 PM. My butler told me that during my stay, it's basically at 5 PM.

Airport Transfer/Benefits Related
5) I had booked my stay in early 2019, and the free airport transfer for points stays was no longer offered. I opted to pay 350k IDR for the basic airport transfer (Toyota Innova). An earlier poster mentioned that the VIP service was additional, but he convinced them to provide it for free due to status. For my own experience, I was told the 350k IDR airport transfer included the VIP service. Which, I have to say, turned out to be a nice service. The price was also per trip, so 2 of us paid 350k total.
6) Breakfast was no longer included in my points rate. Earlier posters mentioned they keep screenshots of when the website said it included breakfast, but I didn't have any. So I used my welcome gift for breakfast. The other two options are 1000 Starwood points (yeah, they still called it Starwood!), or 30 min Reflexology Massage for 2 people.
7) Other Titanium benefits include: Special SPG Titanium Welcome Fruit basket replenished daily, Special SPG Titantium homemade truffle upon arrival (these were delicious!), SPG Titanium Farewell Gift upon departure (it was a nicely packaged gift box with bath salts, natural soap, body lotion, and massage oil by Herbal Bali), onetime 15% special reduced published rate on Remede Spa Treatment, 10% specially reduced published rate on Express Limousine Service Asia Tour & Surya Segara Water Sport Activities

Other
8) Random comment that this St. Regis does not offer free laundry for status members. Others I've stayed at have.
9) Confirmed that this St. Regis Bali currently participates in Bonvoy Asia (https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/), which for me meant 20% discount on most dining here. That includes the beach side drinks + snacks I had while lounging on the beach.
10) They interchangeably use "Marriott Titantium" and "SPG/Starwood Platinum" here. It's just slightly funny to me.
11) A big branch from the tree fell down during a rainstorm one night. Butler service had it fixed within 10 minutes of me calling it in, and then sent me a very nice box of macaroons the next day as an apology.
12) They don't offer bubble baths here, but they drew up a rose petal bath for us instead!
13) Hot chocolate is only offered in the evening w/ butler service
14) I actually had mixed feedback w/ the WiFi. It was intermittent throughout my stay, and faster at night than in the daytime hours. I ended up using my own SIM card that I had purchased at the airport at points. Interestingly, the first few days of my stays the WiFi was just select network and you're on. The last few days, I had to connect through a Marriott landing page. So maybe they were playing around with the WiFi while I was here.
15) I use to be able to connect w/ St. Regis Butler via WhatsApp. They confirmed that post merger late last year, they were forced to retire WhatsApp and now ask guests to connect via the Marriott app's chat. Or call. Or Email. The App's Chat worked well for me. Responsive within 1-3 minutes on average.
bizum likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:21 pm

So Z3R is dead for this hotel? Any other codes working? Went through my list and couldn't find anything.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
So Z3R is dead for this hotel? Any other codes working? Went through my list and couldn't find anything.
The Z3R & Z3H died for all hotels once they moved to the MArriott platform, it is so annoying as I used them a lot and not struggle to find any codes that make any difference!
bizum likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:57 pm

On my way to the hotel today. Rate included a roundtrip Airport Transfer, but we are already in Bali. We informed them of this and that we did not need an airport pickup, just drop off, and they offered a complimentary pickup from our current hotel.

Unfortunately for upgrades it seems the hotel is completely booked. There is absolutely no availability on the Marriott app.
bizum likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: American, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
On my way to the hotel today. Rate included a roundtrip Airport Transfer, but we are already in Bali. We informed them of this and that we did not need an airport pickup, just drop off, and they offered a complimentary pickup from our current hotel.

Unfortunately for upgrades it seems the hotel is completely booked. There is absolutely no availability on the Marriott app.
I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa but I have ambassador status.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
What is the situation with late check out at this property. As a resort is it 12pm and anything later is at their discretion regardless of status?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Yes, but they gave me 3pm late checkout without issue.
They actually suggest 4pm since they know my flight time.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by GCWflying

I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa but I have ambassador status.
We got the Strand beachfront villa. It was absolutely remarkable.

Originally Posted by newshound
What is the situation with late check out at this property. As a resort is it 12pm and anything later is at their discretion regardless of status?
They are fine with late checkout. We did 2pm.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:59 am

I booked a standard St. Regis suite with points back in October of last year for our honeymoon. We just arrived at Bali today for our stay. They honored the vip airport transfer service since we made the reservation while this was still a part of the points booking. The vip airport transfer was extremely useful as the regular immigration line was quite long and we were exhausted from almost 30 hours of traveling. At check in I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they upgraded us to an Orchid Suite (I am Gold Elite). The Orchid suite is really nice and HUGE (~2500 sq ft), and the property in general is gorgeous. Very excited to spend the next 5 nights here. I am just sad that we will not be getting free breakfast, but they did say Gold Elite members get 15% off on breakfast.
bizum likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:39 pm

Low plat here planning a trip for mid next year. I'm seeing advance purchase rates of $400 for the basic suite (inc bfast, airport transfer). Some higher rates show as "almost sold out". Is this the type of resort that gets booked up early? Trying to figure out when I should consider doing a cash booking since points rate doesn't make sense

Edit: Based off the other Bali thread, cash rates are almost always better

Last edited by bizum; Jul 26, 2019 at 8:36 am Reason: read "Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]"
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:02 am

Impressed by the staff at the hotel. Very good and it seemed like everyone knew my name and preferences despite it being a short stay. As an ambassador I was upgraded to a villa with a pool which was very nice. Spa was also very good - got an extra 15 minutes of a massage for free.
bizum likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA CK - 3MM, Bonvoy Lfe Titanium
Stayed here in July as a LT Titanium. Started with a 5 night award but had to add an extra night due to a passport issue. The good news is that in adding the one paid night to the reward reservation actually gave us free RT transfers with VIP arrival and breakfast for 2.

Award was of course for the standard suite but was upgraded to a Gardenia on the end closest to the ocean which was perfect. We spent equal time in the two pools and the beach so this villa was the best situated for that. Also provided a bit more privacy with no neighbors on one side.

Interestingly, the earthquake was really a non-event for the resort. This one was a more of a bang than the rollers we typically get in SoCal so was pretty jarring and loud, but no damage. The staff seemed to take it in stride and there was no tsunami warning so no real emergency activity. The Courtyard further North away from the epicenter was evacuated but it may been due to its height or something else.
bizum likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.