Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:22 am

I'll be headed to STR in a few weeks and wanted to know how the breakfast benefit works for Platinum members. Is it at the Boneka Restaurant? Order off the menu?

As I understand it, the Boneka Sunday Brunch is not included for Plat members. Debating on doing this brunch or the more decadent Astor Brunch. Thoughts?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Upgrademe731
I'll be headed to STR in a few weeks and wanted to know how the breakfast benefit works for Platinum members. Is it at the Boneka Restaurant? Order off the menu?

As I understand it, the Boneka Sunday Brunch is not included for Plat members. Debating on doing this brunch or the more decadent Astor Brunch. Thoughts?
Most paid room rates include breakfast. Otherwise, Platinum guests would have to give up the 500 points welcome gift for it.

Theres a buffet, live cooking stations, a menu with mains you could order (Nasi Goreng, lobster omelette, foie gras etc.), as well as staff roving about with jars and freshly baked goods.

It is one of the best breakfast I've experienced ^ Cant help with the brunch though, sorry
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Finally i decided to go with the St. Regis because i found an even better rate (~335$++/night inclusive of breakfast and airport transfer) and want to experience this resort before MaRiot completely ruins it.

My question is about airport transfer. It seems that this service is included for every room type. So basically the resort will provide this service to every guests. Am i correct? (Not to mention about VIP service because i dont want or care about it at all.)

Is there any possibility for complimentary upgrade here? (I knew that this resort was exempted from the platinum upgrade rule.) cani negotiate upgrade to one of their private pool vila? How much doest it approximately cost?

This time we plan not to leave the resort for the entire stay (been to bali twice so did most of touristry things there). Is there any nearby food options? Or which food outlet in the resort would you guys recommend?

Thanks you for any recommendations.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Sep 12, 2017 at 5:11 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by jclia
Most paid room rates include breakfast. Otherwise, Platinum guests would have to give up the 500 points welcome gift for it.

Theres a buffet, live cooking stations, a menu with mains you could order (Nasi Goreng, lobster omelette, foie gras etc.), as well as staff roving about with jars and freshly baked goods.

It is one of the best breakfast I've experienced ^ Cant help with the brunch though, sorry
Thank you! Looks like this would be similar to the Sunday Boneka brunch. I think I'll just stick with the Plat amenity breakfast (which may just be the same and the representative is unaware of this).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott
I have a plunge pool suite booked for 32,500 points per night. I really would like to stay in the Lagoon Villa, but the points price for that room gets outrageous. I know I will value having direct access to the Lagoon.

I have been quoted a cash upgrade price of $300 USD per night plus tax, which is basically the difference between those two rooms if I were paying cash. I would be paying a grand for direct Lagoon access and a room that is double in size, from 2000 sf to 4000 sf.

This seems at least reasonable. Plus, if I do it now - it's guaranteed. I wouldn't have to worry about Lagoon Villa availability at check in.

Has anyone had any experience with cash upgrades at this hotel and does this seem in line?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Wally3433
I have a plunge pool suite booked for 32,500 points per night. I really would like to stay in the Lagoon Villa, but the points price for that room gets outrageous. I know I will value having direct access to the Lagoon.

I have been quoted a cash upgrade price of $300 USD per night plus tax, which is basically the difference between those two rooms if I were paying cash. I would be paying a grand for direct Lagoon access and a room that is double in size, from 2000 sf to 4000 sf.

This seems at least reasonable. Plus, if I do it now - it's guaranteed. I wouldn't have to worry about Lagoon Villa availability at check in.

Has anyone had any experience with cash upgrades at this hotel and does this seem in line?
Circumstances change. I don't have upgrade experience at this specific hotel, but I've done what your considering many times over the years at many luxury properties--SPG and otherwise.

If the cash price seems fair to you, take it and be sure you'll get what you want. If not, you have to risk disappointment if the upgrade doesn't happen. Your call.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:54 pm

I have ended up booking the cash upgrade of $300 per night for the Lagoon Villa. I was not willing to take anything for chance at check in. It will be comforting to know we have the room we want while making that 24 hour trek to Bali on a plane.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Will be staying at the resort next week but just wanted to point out that apparently their transfer service is round trip and not just to the airport upon departure. I didn’t realize from the room rate details that this was a round trip service offered, and even offered on award stays. We will be arriving at the property from the W Seminyak and they were happy to offer us pickup from there instead of the airport. Just watch for an email from their concierge desk approximately 3-4 weeks before your stay for transfer scheduling details.

​​​​​​​Now the true test is to see how late they’ll let us stay in our villa on our last day since our flight isn’t till midnight!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:50 am

Brosnan6 let us know how the pickup process went from the W and if they allowed you to stay late on the last day. Thanks.

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Will be staying at the resort next week but just wanted to point out that apparently their transfer service is round trip and not just to the airport upon departure. I didn’t realize from the room rate details that this was a round trip service offered, and even offered on award stays. We will be arriving at the property from the W Seminyak and they were happy to offer us pickup from there instead of the airport. Just watch for an email from their concierge desk approximately 3-4 weeks before your stay for transfer scheduling details.

​​​​​​​Now the true test is to see how late they’ll let us stay in our villa on our last day since our flight isn’t till midnight!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:31 pm

Our stay at the St Regis Bali was pretty incredible. Pickup/dropoff service went flawlessly -- driver was waiting at the W Seminyak for pickup at appropriate time and another driver to the airport was ready at the hotel 3 hours before our flight. We booked the pool suite for 32.5K points per night and due to low occupancy we were upgraded to a gigantic gardenia villa for our stay (being on our honeymoon helped with that upgrade, no doubt). We also got loads of goodies for the honeymoon - a huge chocolate heart waiting on the table, a complimentary spa product gift set to take home, nightly honeymoon themed desserts, bathtub full of roses, etc.

Due to low occupancy, they were happy to give us a 9PM checkout on our last day due to our late night flight, and at no additional charge. I get the feeling they're used to dealing with late checkouts since so many of the international connections out of Bali leave between 11PM and 2AM. Might have tougher luck with getting a super late checkout during high season.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I also stayed here a couple of weeks ago and had a great stay. This is the best SPG Resort that I've been to, and (Aman influenced?) service levels in my experience are only equaled within SPG by the St Regis in Florence. As you'd expect staff remember your name and room number when you meet them and even radio ahead when you're moving venues so that you're pre-announced, but on the first day we turned up a few places unannounced and just couldn't figure out how people already knew our names and what our plan for the day was.
As someone else above, I was picked up from the W and booked a Pool Suite on points (32,500pts - pretty good value). I was also upgraded to a Garden Villa which appeared to be mainly just a larger version of the Pool Suite, but with the advantage of privacy when in the garden. The villas overlooking the gorgeous Salt Water Lagoon are a category up, but they are by definition open and so I think I preferred the privacy of our villa. We did still spend a lot of time in the Lagoon - it is one of the most attractive features I've ever come across in a hotel.
Food is very strong at the resort, with the Western food in particular being very refined and with a clear French classical touch. Kayaputi is the fine dining restaurant, and their cooking is comfortably at a Michelin star level. The hotel does not appear to do the usual St Regis daily/ weekly champagne sabrage ritual (they have a fire ritual), but when prompted the Sommelier was summoned from Kayaputi to do one for us especially.
We were very much off season, and I got the sense occupancy was at or below the 30% level. Being on a tropical island there was some rain and the odd bug around the place, but the hotel staff immediately respond to any challenges for the guests with vigor. We had a small issue where a "sorry, let me fix that" would have sufficed which resulted in the Manager of one restaurant arranging and fully comping us a dinner with drinks at another that evening.
The Resort is absolutely SPG at its best, and for Platinums in particular the points value is very reasonable. I also spent time at the W Bali which is only 1/3 - 1/2 of the cash cost of the St Regis when I was there, but in my view much less worth the money.
bhrubin, zzap and joakgarp like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:50 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We booked the pool suite for 32.5K points per night and due to low occupancy we were upgraded to a gigantic gardenia villa for our stay (being on our honeymoon helped with that upgrade, no doubt).
Did you pay the $300USD per night to upgrade or did they comp it in the end? I'm considering booking on Starpoints and paying the same.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Did you pay the $300USD per night to upgrade or did they comp it in the end? I'm considering booking on Starpoints and paying the same.
We did not pay for the upgrade, it was offered to us at checkin for being SPG Plat and since we were on our honeymoon.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:07 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We did not pay for the upgrade, it was offered to us at checkin for being SPG Plat and since we were on our honeymoon.
Congrats on all fronts
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
It looks like the complimentary transfers from/to the airport have gone. Unless I am missing something it is no longer mentioned on the website and instead charges are listed should you want the service. Not a huge thing but it was always a nice touch and shame it has gone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.