Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 10, 20, 1:43 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]


SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 3, 15, 10:02 pm
  #286  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,108
Originally Posted by abhi900 View Post
thnks for that.. it was the browser that was playing up before and hence i was not able to see the full section on the left.
Tried using the set coporate code and its more expensive than their's promotion and package deals. ($100 more per day)..

really wonder why the hell give these codes then and with no additional service or functionality to it.
Beauty of most SETs is they give cancellation privileges up to day of departure (or pretty close). There's massive value in that. It isn't all about the lowest rate, flexibility has value too. EXTREME additional service and functionality for the true road warrior. Which, respectfully, you are not.
jamienbaker is offline  
Old Jan 5, 15, 10:18 am
  #287  
JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Posts: 1,112
Need some helping choosing room types if someone wouldn't mind... After much deliberation, we've settled on staying at the St. Regis, and switched reservations from the W. So that part is no longer open to debate. I do however need help with choosing room types...

The Standard rooms are sold out (35k points per night). As a result, I'm booked into the Speciality rooms at 36,750k per night. The next level up is Speciality Select rooms, which are 37,750 points per night (so only 1k more points per night).

I'm not sure which room equates to what, but my guess is:
  • Standard = St. Regis Suite
  • Speciality = St. Regis Ocean View Suite
  • Speciality Select = St. Regis Pool Suite

I'm booked at the Speciality rate, which I suspect means the Ocean View Suite (although SPG.com only shows "St. Regis suite"). I will ask my Ambassador to confirm that. I have also applied an SNA for "Plunge pool suite". [I do wish they'd standardise what they call each room type in the various places their names appear. It's quite tiresome guessing.]

Nonetheless, if I'm right, I'm currently booked in an Ocean View Suite with an SNA for the St. Regis Pool Suite.

My question: what do people prefer? The Ocean View, or the Pool Suite? Should I pay up the extra few points for guaranteed Pool Suite (if my above assumptions are correct), or is the Ocean View preferable anyway? In which case, I can cancel my SNA regardless...

Sorry if this is all quite confusing. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
JK
JK is offline  
Old Jan 5, 15, 3:39 pm
  #288  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,108
Originally Posted by JK View Post
Need some helping choosing room types if someone wouldn't mind... After much deliberation, we've settled on staying at the St. Regis, and switched reservations from the W. So that part is no longer open to debate. I do however need help with choosing room types...

The Standard rooms are sold out (35k points per night). As a result, I'm booked into the Speciality rooms at 36,750k per night. The next level up is Speciality Select rooms, which are 37,750 points per night (so only 1k more points per night).

I'm not sure which room equates to what, but my guess is:
  • Standard = St. Regis Suite
  • Speciality = St. Regis Ocean View Suite
  • Speciality Select = St. Regis Pool Suite

I'm booked at the Speciality rate, which I suspect means the Ocean View Suite (although SPG.com only shows "St. Regis suite"). I will ask my Ambassador to confirm that. I have also applied an SNA for "Plunge pool suite". [I do wish they'd standardise what they call each room type in the various places their names appear. It's quite tiresome guessing.]

Nonetheless, if I'm right, I'm currently booked in an Ocean View Suite with an SNA for the St. Regis Pool Suite.

My question: what do people prefer? The Ocean View, or the Pool Suite? Should I pay up the extra few points for guaranteed Pool Suite (if my above assumptions are correct), or is the Ocean View preferable anyway? In which case, I can cancel my SNA regardless...

Sorry if this is all quite confusing. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
JK
The building is quite far from the ocean. Yes, your view will include water in the distance, but you'll be looking out over the entire property in the process. I was underwhelmed with any and all views from the hotel part of this property, so would decide based on amenities. Did you enquire as to the SPG 50 rate on a villa? Throwing away close to a one-way business class award anywhere in the world, every night, strikes me as a bit rich. But I don't know what paid rates look like and I accept that some people are willing to fly long haul economy.
jamienbaker is offline  
Old Jan 5, 15, 5:50 pm
  #289  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SF
Programs: UA Plat/MM, AA 2MM, EK Gold, Bonvoy Tit (LTG), HH Dia
Posts: 1,060
Originally Posted by JK View Post
Nonetheless, if I'm right, I'm currently booked in an Ocean View Suite with an SNA for the St. Regis Pool Suite.
My question: what do people prefer? The Ocean View, or the Pool Suite?
JK
Haven't been in either suite, but I do know that the 37.5k point level is the Pool Suite. I stayed at this resort a long time ago... back in 2008, not long after it opened, and I believe I was in a base room. Anyway, we're headed back this year, and I booked the 37.5k Pool Suite... using the "more expensive = better" heuristic. Didn't consider the W, fwiw, but I think that's really a different kind of vacation anyway. They actually have a video of it up on the hotel website (and linked below), if you're interested. Cheers.

St. Regis Pool Suite

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Throwing away close to a one-way business class award anywhere in the world, every night, strikes me as a bit rich. But I don't know what paid rates look like and I accept that some people are willing to fly long haul economy.
We're not flying there in economy. Non-refundable rate is $1198.58 ($994 plus tax and service charge) for the dates I'll be there. 5th night is free, and many people can generate Starpoints and/or air miles pretty easily. Additionally, I love to fly, but I can't think our vacation would be quite as fun if we flew back and forth to Bali 4 times and skipped the hotel part.

Last edited by ps9a; Jan 5, 15 at 6:06 pm
ps9a is offline  
Old Jan 6, 15, 4:17 am
  #290  
JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Posts: 1,112
Thanks guys! ps9a, yes, I'd seen the video on the site, but of the 30 second clip, only about 10 seconds is actually of the room, and it moves so fast that it's hard to see any detail! Haha!

jamienbaker, thanks, you've helped me make up my mind. If the view is negligible, I prefer the plunge suite (not because of the pool, but simply because it's much bigger!) So will ask my Ambassador to book that, and see how I go... Maybe this will increase my odds of getting into a Villa, and save me 5 SNAs!

Regarding burning so many points for a hotel stay versus flights, the rate for my stay is just over $1,300 a night. I agree that it's not the most economical use of SPG points, but it does also save me a terrific amount of cash. Besides, I have plenty of Avios to cover airfare anyway, so it's not a question of one or the other. To each their own, I guess.
JK is offline  
Old Jan 6, 15, 4:48 am
  #291  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,108
Originally Posted by JK View Post
Thanks guys! ps9a, yes, I'd seen the video on the site, but of the 30 second clip, only about 10 seconds is actually of the room, and it moves so fast that it's hard to see any detail! Haha!

jamienbaker, thanks, you've helped me make up my mind. If the view is negligible, I prefer the plunge suite (not because of the pool, but simply because it's much bigger!) So will ask my Ambassador to book that, and see how I go... Maybe this will increase my odds of getting into a Villa, and save me 5 SNAs!

Regarding burning so many points for a hotel stay versus flights, the rate for my stay is just over $1,300 a night. I agree that it's not the most economical use of SPG points, but it does also save me a terrific amount of cash. Besides, I have plenty of Avios to cover airfare anyway, so it's not a question of one or the other. To each their own, I guess.
JK, didn't realize rooms were pricing that high, sounds like you're getting good value. I'd still double check an SPG50 award, it's been a few years but that worked a bit better than my SET rate for a pool villa (which is quite novel). Either way, sounds like you're planning a great trip. Best - Jamie
jamienbaker is offline  
Old Jan 6, 15, 4:50 am
  #292  
JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Posts: 1,112
Originally Posted by jamienbaker View Post
JK, didn't realize rooms were pricing that high, sounds like you're getting good value. I'd still double check an SPG50 award, it's been a few years but that worked a bit better than my SET rate for a pool villa (which is quite novel). Either way, sounds like you're planning a great trip. Best - Jamie
Very good point re the SPG50, I'll certainly look into that. Thanks again for all your input.
JK is offline  
Old Jan 6, 15, 8:29 am
  #293  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DTW
Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Posts: 369
Originally Posted by JK View Post
Regarding burning so many points for a hotel stay versus flights, the rate for my stay is just over $1,300 a night. I agree that it's not the most economical use of SPG points, but it does also save me a terrific amount of cash.
Have you looked into a BRG?
dtwdoc is offline  
Old Jan 6, 15, 8:33 am
  #294  
JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Posts: 1,112
Originally Posted by dtwdoc View Post
Have you looked into a BRG?
Yes, but frankly, it wouldn't save me much, so I'd still rather blow a mountain of points. It kills me to do so, but it's more palatable than spending several thousand dollars, especially considering I have enough SPG points and Avios for my expected personal travel needs over the next couple of years (ignoring the points I'll obviously earn this year).
JK is offline  
Old Jan 11, 15, 9:11 pm
  #295  
Company Representative - Starwood
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Singapore
Programs: SPG
Posts: 4,002
Start the New Year in style!

For 7 days only, save up to 50% on stays at our hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific. Book by 18 January 2015 to enjoy.

  • Full payment upon booking, non cancellable and non refundable
• Offer is subject to availability at the time of reservation.
• A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
• Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.

Booking link: http://bit.ly/FTALK_SRB

Thyetus Lee | Social Media Specialist
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Jan 11, 15 at 9:18 pm Reason: Format of post
Starwood Lurker II is offline  
Old Jan 17, 15, 5:27 am
  #296  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Is breakfast etc included in the deal or jst the daily room rate ?
abhi900 is offline  
Old Jan 18, 15, 2:28 am
  #297  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Posts: 335
Originally Posted by abhi900 View Post
Is breakfast etc included in the deal or jst the daily room rate ?
Breakfast is only included if the rate specifically states so. However platinum guest can select breakfast as the platinum amenity instead of the 30 minutes foot massage (once per stay).
sink is offline  
Old Jan 18, 15, 11:52 am
  #298  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SF
Programs: UA Plat/MM, AA 2MM, EK Gold, Bonvoy Tit (LTG), HH Dia
Posts: 1,060
Originally Posted by sink View Post
Breakfast is only included if the rate specifically states so. However platinum guest can select breakfast as the platinum amenity instead of the 30 minutes foot massage (once per stay).
Are you sure, or just speaking generically about SPG hotels? I think it's free for all guests at this property, unless things have changed.
ps9a is offline  
Old Jan 19, 15, 1:29 am
  #299  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Posts: 335
Originally Posted by ps9a View Post
Are you sure, or just speaking generically about SPG hotels? I think it's free for all guests at this property, unless things have changed.
We were just there late November. So, I am not speaking genetically about Spg hotels. I have contacted the hotel about breakfast and that was what I was told. If the room rate did not specific include breakfast, it doesn't. However, as a platinum guest, you can select breakfast as your welcome amenity which is an awesome deal. When u go to Spg.com and check the rate, the rate with breakfast are higher than the rate without it. If u think it is free, then book the rate without it. Things have changed at this resorts.
sink is offline  
Old Jan 19, 15, 9:28 am
  #300  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SF
Programs: UA Plat/MM, AA 2MM, EK Gold, Bonvoy Tit (LTG), HH Dia
Posts: 1,060
Originally Posted by sink View Post
We were just there late November. So, I am not speaking genetically about Spg hotels. I have contacted the hotel about breakfast and that was what I was told. If the room rate did not specific include breakfast, it doesn't. However, as a platinum guest, you can select breakfast as your welcome amenity which is an awesome deal. When u go to Spg.com and check the rate, the rate with breakfast are higher than the rate without it. If u think it is free, then book the rate without it. Things have changed at this resorts.
Interesting... must have changed recently.... was going by this review, but it's from 2013, so must be outdated.... thanks for update

View from the Wing

"Every guest at the St. Regis Bali gets complimentary breakfast — regardless of loyalty program status or room rate. So a general member staying in an entry level room (suite) gets breakfast included."
ps9a is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: