Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by newshound
Does anyone have experience with SNA here. Does it take you from St Regis suite to plunge pool suite?
I made a dummy booking to see, and it looks like, at least next Summer, yes, Pool Suite is the SNA category. When I last stayed here, it was only an extra ~1000 points per night for free night awards vs the regular St. Regis Suite. So while the interior room was identical, and we rarely used the pool, I'd still say it's a no brainer just to have the extra outdoor space--if you're booking on points, obviously.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks. It will be a cash booking and I am back and forth between a villa at the W and the StR. The St Regis suite is roughly the same price as the villa at the W with the pool suite another $160 on top. If I can get the pool suite with SNA then that seems a better option than the villa for the same price I reckon. Although I guess it has less privacy.
Is that logic sound?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:10 pm

Thanks. It will be a cash booking and I am back and forth between a villa at the W and the StR. The St Regis suite is roughly the same price as the villa at the W with the pool suite another $160 on top. If I can get the pool suite with SNA then that seems a better option than the villa for the same price I reckon. Although I guess it has less privacy.
Is that logic sound?
If "having a villa" is the only goal, you can do much better than either of these properties. SR location is the pits, and there's a reason suites cost more than villas at the W - because the action is along the beach. I've done both, SR is over the top luxury but could be anywhere. W is over the top location with great beaches and restaurants at your door step. Truly depends on the kind of trip you are looking for. Unless I re-marry or need time alone to mourn, there's no force on earth that could get me to stay in Nusa Dua ever again.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks, the idea is to have some fun so I guess the W is a no brainer.
I was looking for some privacy and a private pool, ideally accruing starpoints so those seemed like the only options... The equivalent at the sheraton being double the price that was a non starter.
I'd be interested an any other options you can recommend tho.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:14 am

Thanks, the idea is to have some fun so I guess the W is a no brainer.
I was looking for some privacy and a private pool, ideally accruing starpoints so those seemed like the only options... The equivalent at the sheraton being double the price that was a non starter.
I'd be interested an any other options you can recommend tho.
Points matter, no disagreement. Check website of Little Miss Bali, also Saba Villas and Nina Villas. The villas at the W are also nice but excruciatingly private - no views and very little garden space. The 2BR was huge but felt a tad claustrophobic. And please don't get me wrong, SR is a great place to park for a few days and work off the jet lag...but you are just so isolated. We do the W almost every summer for the past 6 and simply adore it. Good luck!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
SR location is the pits
Can't say I agree. It's a slice of paradise that's built to cater to all your needs without having to leave--and most people won't want to.

No, it's not super convenient to lots of touristy outside F&B like you'll find elsewhere, so if that's what you're looking for, it may not be the best pick. It's also not particularly well situated for day trips if you want to use it as a home base to explore the whole island. However, if you want to be secluded, pampered and delighted, you can do FAR, far worse than StR Bali.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Can't say I agree. It's a slice of paradise that's built to cater to all your needs without having to leave--and most people won't want to.

No, it's not super convenient to lots of touristy outside F&B like you'll find elsewhere, so if that's what you're looking for, it may not be the best pick. It's also not particularly well situated for day trips if you want to use it as a home base to explore the whole island. However, if you want to be secluded, pampered and delighted, you can do FAR, far worse than StR Bali.
Fair. Depends where you are coming from, I suppose. If I lived in HKG, I'm sure I could opt for secluded, pampered and delighted. But being in NYC, flying 30 hrs is massive overkill of those are your requirements. I should amend my aversion to Nusa Dua to reflect that fact. Be well - Jamie
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DC777Fan

Having just come from an 8 day trip to Bali, where we did 2 nights at the W>4 nights in a villa 20 mins north of Ubud>2 nights at the St Regis, I agree with the sentiment that the St Regis served it's purpose well. The beach/ocean were far calmer and nicer than the W (you couldn't even get in the water on that side on the island) and at that point in the trip, we were happy to not have to think too much or be pressured to do this or that. I guess I agree that it shouldn't be your ONLY stop in Bali, but for a couple of days of unwind on the front or tail end of a trip to Bali, it's pretty great.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
I guess I agree that it shouldn't be your ONLY stop in Bali, but for a couple of days of unwind on the front or tail end of a trip to Bali, it's pretty great.
Agreed. And, as far as higher end Starwood properties in Bali, the St Regis and W offer VERY different atmospheres. My recent stay had me unwind/de-jetlag at the StR for a few days, followed by several days of more upbeat action at the W
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:21 am

just wondering if we can use our corporate code to book against St.regis ?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by abhi900
Why don't you try a dummy booking?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by dtwdoc
Why don't you try a dummy booking?
I was on the st.regis booking page and no where i was able to see a section on where to insert corporate code.

http://www.stregisbali.com/
or
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...language=en_US
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:35 am

Doesn't hurt to try. My SET code works at this property.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:39 am

I was on the st.regis booking page and no where i was able to see a section on where to insert corporate code.

http://www.stregisbali.com/
or
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...language=en_US
Search your dates, the page that initially shows rates will display "rate preferences" off to the left. Put in the SET and then refresh. I easily did this from launching the second web address you posted.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:37 pm

thnks for that.. it was the browser that was playing up before and hence i was not able to see the full section on the left.
Tried using the set coporate code and its more expensive than their's promotion and package deals. ($100 more per day)..

really wonder why the hell give these codes then and with no additional service or functionality to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.