Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:43 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old May 12, 22, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
That is one of the 3 Banyan Suites that are (or used to be) in the SNA pool and definitely the best of the 3. I agree, itís a great room!
Glad to hear it's the best one! I think I identified all 3 of them on the 5th floor based on room door spacing and the fire map (all seemed to have different shapes). The other 2 did have DND signs on during my stay as I was walking the halls (still haven't found those ghosts people talk about) :-)
Old May 12, 22, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
Glad to hear it's the best one! I think I identified all 3 of them on the 5th floor based on room door spacing and the fire map (all seemed to have different shapes). The other 2 did have DND signs on during my stay as I was walking the halls (still haven't found those ghosts people talk about) :-)
Iím glad you like the hotel so much, and you havenít even experienced the best part, The Royal Beach Club with its outdoor terrace, fire pit, and complimentary wine to sip while you listen to the waves crashing on the shore.

I presume itís never coming back, like the Leahi lounge at the SW.
Old May 12, 22, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist, AAdvantage Gold, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Iím glad you like the hotel so much, and you havenít even experienced the best part, The Royal Beach Club with its outdoor terrace, fire pit, and complimentary wine to sip while you listen to the waves crashing on the shore.

I presume itís never coming back, like the Leahi lounge at the SW.
Likely very true - definitely a missed opportunity, as well as what I presume would be the amazing views from Leahi.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Anyone been here lately? Is the executive lounge back to pre-covid?
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Life Time Titanium
Originally Posted by blitzen View Post
Hi,

Anyone been here lately? Is the executive lounge back to pre-covid?
Great question
Old Sep 23, 22, 9:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Great question
And the answer is Aloha,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa.

Unfortunately the Club Lounge has been closed since March 2020, indefinitely. Please be advised, there is no compensation for the closure of the resort Club Lounge or room service. All resort restaurants are open for dine-in or pickup. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Old Sep 25, 22, 8:44 am

And the answer is Aloha,

Unfortunately the Club Lounge has been closed since March 2020, indefinitely. Please be advised, there is no compensation for the closure of the resort Club Lounge or room service. All resort restaurants are open for dine-in or pickup. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

That just sucked the "Aloha" out
Old Sep 25, 22, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Ambassador Elite, United Silver, Hertz Five Star
And the answer is Aloha,

At this point we have to think that itís probably never reopening.

Itís unfortunate because I had always wanted to stay here but really donít think itís worth it over, say, Royal Hawaiian without that club lounge.
blitzen and bubbelbine like this.
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by mciampa View Post
At this point we have to think that itís probably never reopening.

Itís unfortunate because I had always wanted to stay here but really donít think itís worth it over, say, Royal Hawaiian without that club lounge.
Sadly it's a sign of the times, when things tighten up possibly you'll see it reopen to attract customers, not sure this time around. Hospitality while occupancy is high so are operating costs. The Mona has been in a slow but steady decline over the years there was a time just walking into the lobby you could feel the "Aloha" not anymore. Rocking chairs with your morning coffee is always a treat though

Search this Thread