Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:43 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 18, 18, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Beach Club Lounge will be welcoming guests with breakfast coupons.
Well, that explains why the lounge was so packed, and why the food selection was so good! (I never saw that sign when I was there.)
Old Nov 18, 18, 10:25 am

7AM Morning Wake Up Call 😭
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Well, that explains why the lounge was so packed, and why the food selection was so good! (I never saw that sign when I was there.)
The options during the evening were very heavy from what I recall from prior visits. They had veggies, mashed potatoes, braised beef, salads, and desserts available last night.

As I was told by my “angel” last night they did indeed start protesting at 7AM.
Old Nov 18, 18, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kluau88 View Post
The options during the evening were very heavy from what I recall from prior visits. They had veggies, mashed potatoes, braised beef, salads, and desserts available last night.
They had the bread pudding for the evening service which made me VERY happy!
Old Dec 4, 18, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just applied some SNAs to an upcoming stay in a few months. I was amazed at the number of suite/room types that are now available to upgrade to. In the past, only the Banyan suites were available and there were only 3 of them. Now the tower suites are also available as well as the Banyan suites and various other room types. In fact, there were 18 different suite/room types!
Old Dec 5, 18, 7:24 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP
Just applied some SNAs to an upcoming stay in a few months. I was amazed at the number of suite/room types that are now available to upgrade to. In the past, only the Banyan suites were available and there were only 3 of them. Now the tower suites are also available as well as the Banyan suites and various other room types. In fact, there were 18 different suite/room types!
Strike ?
Old Dec 5, 18, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Strike ?
There was no mention of the strike when I applied my SNAs!

But I thought it ended last week, no?
Old Dec 5, 18, 8:51 am

Programs: AS Million Mile Flyer, Marriott LTPP

Might be result of cancellations during the strikes which will be felt for a long time with possible unintended post strike results. Certainly there will be "efficiency" discussions
Old Dec 5, 18, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
Might be result of cancellations during the strikes which will be felt for a long time with possible unintended post strike results. Certainly there will be "efficiency" discussions
Somehow, I doubt it. Mostly because you can't see the enhanced SNA selection until after you've made your reservation and are in the process of applying your SNA!
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold

The strike is over.

I was there yesterday, the usual Christmas decorating of the outside of the hotel is apparently a strike casualty - that is usually completed by Thanksgiving weekend. The lobby was only minimally decorated. The bar at the Banyan Tree outside facing the ocean is completely walled off - I'd think they would want any renovation done by NYE, but I saw no activity at all.
Old Dec 5, 18, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
The bar at the Banyan Tree outside facing the ocean is completely walled off - I'd think they would want any renovation done by NYE, but I saw no activity at all.
What an eyesore.
Old Dec 5, 18, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Bookings to Hawaii in general are on a downward trend at this point.
Old Dec 5, 18, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
I wonder why. Oh wait: Some of the highest nightly hotel occupancy taxes not just in the country but in Asia–Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean, a really bad homeless problem, and, in general, too many tired properties at least on Oahu. I think folks are realizing they can spend a lot less money than they would spend in Hawaii somewhere else and have an experience that is as good or better.
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
How do you figure?

Oahu Only Visitors October 2018: 366,817 vs. 330,505 October 2017. 2018 is 11% higher than last year.

Oahu Only Visitors Jan-Oct 2018: 3,775,994 vs. 3,539,225 Jan-Oct 2017. For the year, Oahu has had 6.7% more visitors than last year.

For the entire state, October had 4% more visitors than 2017 and 6.4% more than 2017 for the entire year.

*The November numbers have not been published yet, but I really doubt they will be materially different than October
Old Dec 5, 18, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
How do you figure?

Oahu Only Visitors October 2018: 366,817 vs. 330,505 October 2017. 2018 is 11% higher than last year.

Oahu Only Visitors Jan-Oct 2018: 3,775,994 vs. 3,539,225 Jan-Oct 2017. For the year, Oahu has had 6.7% more visitors than last year.

For the entire state, October had 4% more visitors than 2017 and 6.4% more than 2017 for the entire year.

*The November numbers have not been published yet, but I really doubt they will be materially different than October
This is what we are hearing in the industry buzz, and it's more of a recent change - maybe it's a new trend, maybe a statistical anomaly, but it's noticeable enough to be reported.
Old Dec 6, 18, 3:12 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Accor Plat,Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Dmnd,Carlson Gold,BW Diamond
This is what we are hearing in the industry buzz, and it's more of a recent change - maybe it's a new trend, maybe a statistical anomaly, but it's noticeable enough to be reported.
Buzz is buzz. Reporting gets reported. Completely different and there is no need to add to the bs on these boards.

Thank you HNLbasedFlyer for keeping to the facts.

Aloha
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Search this Thread