Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Bravada04: Full amenity fee applies, no reduction. It is offensive to me.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
Interesting?! There was a few things making good reason to still stay at this facility but with really no extra benefits and cost involved.......I stay here on my own dime so the difference can become substantial when comparing to comp rates (and yes of course paying a $25.00 - $30.00 resort fee on the strip)...It becomes an average of a $500.00 difference (and I'm then also using the crappy CDN dollar which gets hit at practically 30%).
The more I look at this I question myself how stupid I am to still give them this extra money over the last few years. That is $500.00 extra poker dollars
It is too bad. Not happy because they will lose my business. I guess to them, who really cares. If they fill the rooms plus get all the airline business......business is business. Life goes on.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
This is an interesting development. Will stay in 2 weeks and will report back.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Giroud
This is an interesting development. Will stay in 2 weeks and will report back.
Thank you. I have upcoming stay there earlier next month.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A Hotel Amenity Charge will apply to all guest rooms. This fee is $24.99 per room, per day plus tax. The Hotel Amenity Charge includes the following: High-Speed Wireless Guest Room Internet, Daily Newspaper, Self-Parking, Westin Workout, access to the Sauna & Steam Rooms at Spa, Bottled Water in Guest Rooms, Incoming Faxes, Notary Public, Pool & Whirlpool, Unlimited Local Calls and Printing of Boarding Pass.

Basically we pay extra for everything we normally get as Platinum. So there is no value to being Platinum at this hotel other than maybe an upgrade?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by stimpy
A Hotel Amenity Charge will apply to all guest rooms. This fee is $24.99 per room, per day plus tax. The Hotel Amenity Charge includes the following: High-Speed Wireless Guest Room Internet, Daily Newspaper, Self-Parking, Westin Workout, access to the Sauna & Steam Rooms at Spa, Bottled Water in Guest Rooms, Incoming Faxes, Notary Public, Pool & Whirlpool, Unlimited Local Calls and Printing of Boarding Pass.

Basically we pay extra for everything we normally get as Platinum. So there is no value to being Platinum at this hotel other than maybe an upgrade?
Yes, and to add insult to injury, being a "fee" you don't earn on-site points on it either (yes, for CC points). A plain and simple money grab and a way to low-ball the customer making you think their rate in in parity with other properties. I really wish the FTC would step in like they did with the airlines and force the properties to add these fees into the price shown by the search screens.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Here is the response from the hotel...

We do charge the Hotel Amenity Fee for all guests, however, we do offer our valued Platinum Guests additional perks such as complimentary breakfast daily for you and a guest or a one -time 500 SPG Point Bonus per stay. I hope you are able to take advantage of our great breakfast during your stay.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Here is the response from the hotel...

We do charge the Hotel Amenity Fee for all guests, however, we do offer our valued Platinum Guests additional perks such as complimentary breakfast daily for you and a guest or a one -time 500 SPG Point Bonus per stay. I hope you are able to take advantage of our great breakfast during your stay.
Definitely has a future in politics - Congress or The White House are possible
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
This property is really pushing it with the 'amenity fee' for SPG Plats, and I think they know it, but they are digging in their heels. The previous two times I stayed at Westin LV (in November and December 2016) the check-in clerk proactively offered to remove the amenity fee while I was checking in. It may have been because the spa was out of service during that time, and if you check the amenity fee the spa steam room/whirlpool is one of the benefits. I stayed again at the Westin LV this week and the check-in clerk refused to waive the amenity fee. So I called to the spa to see if the steam room was open again, and it turned out it wasn't. So I called to the front desk to tell them to remove the amenity since the amenities it offers still aren't all available. They obliged.

They said the steam room is opening finally this week, so this may not work for future guests, but I recommend checking to make sure if all the amenities listed in the fee are actually operational. My guess is there may be one or two that aren't (does the fax even work?), and then you can get the fee removed.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Originally Posted by Katlor
This property is really pushing it with the 'amenity fee' for SPG Plats, and I think they know it, but they are digging in their heels.
They can dig in all they want but I've been staying at the SLS. Much better SPG option. Rates often better, far better restaurants, free parking and while they don't waive fee, they give drink tickets and sometimes upgrades.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:31 pm

WOW!!! Just notice the Amenity fee now went from $24.99 to $29.00 / night.
This stuff needs to stop and needs to be part of the room rate.......this can just go on and on! Seriously, $30.00/night at this Westin? Soon it will be 50% of the room rate when there is good deals. So frustrated........but feel better now that I vented!
Old May 1, 2017, 1:48 pm

Stayed here for 4 nights last week in a renovated room facing south on the 10th floor. No issues at all and the proximity to the strip was perfect (10 minute walk at most). 20 minute walk to the Sands Convention Center (the actual front door and not walking through the Venetian first).

Resort fee was reduced to $15/night (from $25 since I booked prior to fee increase) when I noted that premium internet is a free benefit for Gold/Plat.

Overall a good stay and I will look here first for my next Vegas trip.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mvarghese84
Stayed here for 4 nights last week in a renovated room facing south on the 10th floor. No issues at all and the proximity to the strip was perfect (10 minute walk at most). 20 minute walk to the Sands Convention Center (the actual front door and not walking through the Venetian first).

Resort fee was reduced to $15/night (from $25 since I booked prior to fee increase) when I noted that premium internet is a free benefit for Gold/Plat.

Overall a good stay and I will look here first for my next Vegas trip.
Did you have to beg them or did they offer this themself?
Old May 2, 2017, 3:15 am

I stayed at this hotel few weeks ago,
Resort fee was reduced by 50% ( $12.50 down from $25).
Platinum gift of 500 points and Breakfast voucher for 2 was offered.
got upgraded to a recently renovated room on high floor.

room was nice, clean, and functional.

Staff were fantastic.

I had no issues at all. I would definitely return if the price is good.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Don't expect to get the combined Plat 500 points and breakfast voucher at this hotel though. On one stay I did at this property in December, both were given. But when I stayed in April the front desk clerk refused to do both, saying it was one or the other, even after I told him that I'd been offered both on my last stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.