Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Las Vegas (formerly Westin Casuarina), NV [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Like the "resort fee" or not, it is fully disclosed when making a reservation. Would it make you happier to pay $10 more for the room rate and have them eliminate the resort fee?
Yes, because then the rate would be more transparent when comparing to other hotels on metasearch engines like kayak.com.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by traveldog
Was your response the same canned one I got Mike or have you still not received it either? My suspicion is you are wasting your time waiting for anything genuine from this property. I hope Starwood is taking notice of this property's downward spiral.

Starwood won't notice unless people CALL customer service as William has said countless times. I'm sure most of us here know to call and voice or realistic concerns about this property, but does Joe Q Public know?

I'm always one who tries, first, to deal with issues while on property. However, If I had to deal with this property, I wouldn't even try to deal with them at hotel level, I would go right to Customer Service.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I'll post as soon as I hear back from CS.

Mike
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Westin Casuarina Update-hotel-also-forces-you-to-sleep-with-strange-men

http://consumerist.com/375917/westin...th-strange-men
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Not that there is anything wrong with that
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:16 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by socalplat
I think we should turn the tables and start sending the Westin Cas. invoices for "Inconvenience Fees" for the following:

1. Time spent disputing erroneous charges on credit card (6 months later)
2. Limited availability of showers
3. Lack of a/c in the middle of the desert
4. Lack of water especially, when there's no a/c
5. Time wasted waiting on elevators
6. Time needed to unwind from the stress created being in the "unwind" lounge
7. Stitches needed after diving in the "pool" and hitting head on other end
8. Time spent discussing with f/d and mgr regarding ridiculous "resort fee"
9. Time spent on the phone with *wood inquiring about promised points
10. Therapy required after staying at this property
I love it.......that is classic and puts a little laughter into me when talking about this Westin.......#6. Awesome
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:31 pm

lol maybe we should downgrade this into cat. 2 hotel or maybe rename this hotel as a subpar version of four points.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
for those keeping the unofficial "stay away" list, this prop joins FP Miami Beach, Westin LAX, Sheraton Manhattan and W Lex.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by anchor79
lol maybe we should downgrade this into cat. 2 hotel or maybe rename this hotel as a subpar version of four points.
Subpar four points=Four Nubs ?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Not that there is anything wrong with that
Very funny, but I think the story is about two men having to share a room. Not that's there's anything wrong with that!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cacic
Very funny, but I think the story is about two men having to share a room. Not that's there's anything wrong with that!
Nope, if you read the link that was provided it really was 2 guys who didnt know each other having to share a King Bed between them, and the 1st guy there ended up on the floor as the 2nd guy to arrive grabbed the bed by the time #1 got back. Hotel was out of roller-ways and rooms with 2 beds in them
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by kevinsac
Like the "resort fee" or not, it is fully disclosed when making a reservation. Would it make you happier to pay $10 more for the room rate and have them eliminate the resort fee?
I am just curious, but what part of the below would you consider "fully disclosed" as it relates to the resort fee? My check-out totals were exactly the below, plus $10 per room. I have gone through my email confirmation top to bottom, and I cannot find a single mention anywhere of a $10 resort fee. A generic asterisk about "anything else" doesn't remotely cut it in my book for disclosure. [Note, this was 3/21, so not in the distant past.]

Code:
2 Rooms, 2 Adults Per Room, 2 Double Beds 

Room Description 
Traditional Guest Room With Work Desk Area, Minibar And Lapt Op Safe. 

Room Amenities 
Traditional Non-smoking, Heavenly Bed And Bath, Desk/dataport/voicemail, Wireless Internet/fee, Sitting Area 

Your Rate 

Avg Est
                       Room Total per Night*        Est Total for Your Stay* 
2 Rooms, 1 Night 

Room Rate:               USD  161.95             USD  323.90   

Room rate excludes the following: 
 Service Fee Tax: USD 0.78
Per Room / Per Night   USD 0.78                 USD 1.56  
 Occupancy Tax: 9.00%
Per Room / Per Night   USD 14.58               USD 29.15  

Estimated Total*:        USD  177.31           USD  354.61   

* The displayed totals are estimates only and do not include any additional 
charges that may be incurred at the hotel. 
The actual total will be calculated by the hotel in its local currency, based 
on the local taxes and currency exchange rate (if applicable) in effect at the 
time charging occurs.

Rate Plan Description 
Show Your Card And Save Aaa/caa

Guarantee Rules and Cancellation Policy 
Your room is guaranteed with a(n) MASTER CARD card.
Too late to cancel - a 1 Night penalty will be applied
Room taxes may be charged on penalties.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

Starwood won't notice unless people CALL customer service as William has said countless times. I'm sure most of us here know to call and voice or realistic concerns about this property, but does Joe Q Public know?

I'm always one who tries, first, to deal with issues while on property. However, If I had to deal with this property, I wouldn't even try to deal with them at hotel level, I would go right to Customer Service.
Respectfully, I never call a company to make a complaint like that unless I am owed money. I find no need to help bad management by investing my time being their free consultant. I do though sometimes feel a need to help my fellow travelers by posting comments about properties in a community like this. Please don't judge those of us who choose not to call SPG with complaints though.

Good companies have more than enough access to data on a multitude of fronts to see broad trends like this. Reading a thread like this should be a simple matter for anyone interested. It's up to them whether or not they find it and take action, not up to me.

I have other options for places to stay, and doing so leads to a much less stressed travel experience because I can be a customer instead of a mystery shopper.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I just got an email from management at the hotel. We are very sorry, one-time incidents, retraining staff, etc. I'm referencing this thread.

Mike
Old Apr 6, 2008, 8:32 am

What is the Westin Unwind Service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.