Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 27, 19, 9:46 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hhoope01
Wiki Link
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 3, 18, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
How much inferior are Exec lounge offerings and room views in Marriott vs JW? Don't care too much about the rest (apart from price of course).
In terms of offerings and quality, Marriott is one of the best in its class in Asia (and thus leagues ahead of NA / elsewhere). You could happily subsist off the food there if you wanted.

In terms of service, the entire executive lounge shift back when I stayed at the City Centre Marriott took me out clubbing and to dinner.

YMMV.

​​
Old Jan 4, 18, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Thanks again. One more related question: if to choose between Renaissance Zhongshan & Marriott City Centre, which is better as a hotel (i.e. regardless of location and logistics)? As before, I am more concerned about lounge offerings and views from the room (and overall impression of the product). Price in points is the same.
Old Jan 4, 18, 3:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
P. S. Or go for JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai Changfeng Park instead?
Old Jan 5, 18, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, AA Platinum
Assume that Amex will confirm my 30k spending on AMEX SPG card few days later, which means another year of Marriott Gold, so my primary focus is lounge benefits and potential room upgrades but great pool/spa/fitness option will be great. I visited Shanghai once and I probably will leverage SPG points into Marriott, so Cat 2-4 properties in Shanghai probably make sense, due to high price during mid-April.

I will catch flight at 650 AM so quick access to PVG will be important, but should I splurge little bit and stay at Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden, or Marriott City Centre /or Riverside will be fine?
Old Jan 5, 18, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
That might be difficult since its not due to open for the next several months (and its not really “on the Bund” but on commercial Nanjing Rd)

Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
Anyone had a preview of the new EDITION on the Bund?
Old Jan 6, 18, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Two more properties opened:

Fairfield by Marriott Debuts in Shanghai with the Opening of Fairfield by Marriott Shanghai Jing?an | Marriott News Center
Delta Hotels Celebrates Asia Entry with the Grand Opening of Delta Hotels by Marriott Shanghai Baoshan | Marriott News Center
Old Jan 13, 18, 11:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Well I'm currently in the 23rd floor lounge of the courtyard on Hongqiao road. Exec room for the same price as a standard with breakfast. On Hotels.com it is not clear that you actually get a breakfast in the club lounge. The staff are fantastic (on a par with my best experience (Andas New Delhi)).

they are so good I'm not going to consider another hotel, in Shanghai.
Old Jan 14, 18, 12:14 am
Suspended

Thatís great but this thread is titled Shanghai Marriott and your post is about a CY

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops View Post
Well I'm currently in the 23rd floor lounge of the courtyard on Hongqiao road. Exec room for the same price as a standard with breakfast. On Hotels.com it is not clear that you actually get a breakfast in the club lounge. The staff are fantastic (on a par with my best experience (Andas New Delhi)).

Old Jan 14, 18, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Ahh Now I see what the difference is.

Last edited by GlasgowCyclops; Jan 14, 18 at 1:19 am
Old Jan 14, 18, 1:28 am
Suspended

Your feedback is important

Just put them in the existing thread on this prop or start a new one for tgis hotel

Although there are several “family” threads on cities, IMO, Shanghai shouldn’t have a family thread since there are 30 distinct properties and putting them all in a family thread will be a mess - now if Shanghai had certain districts, like Paris, then can group but .........

Ahh Now I see what the difference is.
Old Jan 15, 18, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*

...but have you tried any of the other Marriotts in Shanghai? The product and level of service is much higher in Asia anyway, so a CY can look pretty good but if you try some others, which can be reasonably priced by western standards, you may experience something even greater!
Old Jan 15, 18, 10:49 pm

Just discovered this thread, anyone else recently stayed at the Courtyard Shanghai Central? Had a few questions regarding it on it's own separate thread.
Old Jan 15, 18, 10:50 pm

Which location was this?
Old Jan 17, 18, 1:35 am

For my dates, I see that Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden is now only $1 difference. Maybe this would be a better choice compared to CY Central? Good breakfast, good view of the river from the lounge. And I see that it's located right across a subway station on line 10 and nearby attractions.
Old Jan 17, 18, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by JordanWalker View Post
For my dates, I see that Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden is now only $1 difference. Maybe this would be a better choice compared to CY Central? Good breakfast, good view of the river from the lounge. And I see that it's located right across a subway station on line 10 and nearby attractions.
I doubt there exists a case where one is better off picking CY over Ren with the same price.

Haven't stayed at either in SH, but paid a visit to Ren Yu Garden and had a small tour. Rooms are really nice, views are okay, staff was welcoming, lounge looked pleasant, though somewhat overcrowded at that hour.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: