Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

(Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China

Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:26 am

I just stayed at Courtyard Xijuahe on a friends and family rate of $60/night under a marriott platinum number. It was a great experience. VERY convenient to the subway so easy access to everything. Free HUGE breakfast buffet - choice to eat in the main dining room or the executive lounge. Free snacks all day in the lounge and dinner at night 7 days/week. For $60 this was the best value I have ever had at any Marriott. The internet is free in the club but not in the rooms; however, there is a trick - if you leave your computer on when you walk from the club to your room (which is at most 100 feet anyway), the signal will switch from the club to the room signal, but it will keep you online for free. I'm sure it's just a bug in the system. The gym was also nice and the pool. I highly recommend this hotel.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by laxarrival
I just stayed at Courtyard Xijuahe on a friends and family rate of $60/night under a marriott platinum number. It was a great experience. VERY convenient to the subway so easy access to everything. Free HUGE breakfast buffet - choice to eat in the main dining room or the executive lounge. Free snacks all day in the lounge and dinner at night 7 days/week. For $60 this was the best value I have ever had at any Marriott. The internet is free in the club but not in the rooms; however, there is a trick - if you leave your computer on when you walk from the club to your room (which is at most 100 feet anyway), the signal will switch from the club to the room signal, but it will keep you online for free. I'm sure it's just a bug in the system. The gym was also nice and the pool. I highly recommend this hotel.
The quoted senior rate for this Shanghai Courtyard is $123/night which I still consider being quite reasonable, especially now that you've enumerated all of the benefits. All factors considered, I think this will be my Marriott of choice. Thank you all for your help!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu
because 1) Renaissance Yuyuan is closer to EXPO than Courtyard xujiahui, the OP prefers to stay closer to EXPO 2)YUYUAN is the top attraction in shanghai; 3) better amenity: Renaissance YUYUAN provides free internet to platium/gold, 4) location is better, Renaissance YUYuan is close to the Bund, close to Xingtiandi, close to PUDONG, basically it is more centralized and close to everything
Plus the new Line 10 metro station adjacent to the property should be opening this week or so.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:23 pm

Not sure if this was answered already, but does the Yuyuan Renaissance offer free food in the lounge? Is the dinner food pretty good or do we count on going out for dinner?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by qazw1
Not sure if this was answered already, but does the Yuyuan Renaissance offer free food in the lounge? Is the dinner food pretty good or do we count on going out for dinner?

all the lounges in Shanghai offer food during 5-7 pm or 5:30-7:30 or 6:00 -8:00 pm happy hours with free wine and liquors, some offer more some offer less

Yuanyuan Renaissance offers large quantity food including small salard bar, soup, bread, fruits, dim sum and several hot dishes, way enough for your diner while the view of the lounge faces the bund
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Starbucks Gold card
Transportation wise...

Is the Renaissance YuYuan better than the CY XueJiaHui in terms of transportation, specifically the Metro. Which is closer to a stop. That will probably be my main mode to get around the city and to/from Expo, other than foot of course.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Renaissance Yuyuan Hotel - Shanghai

Can anyone give any insight as to the quality of this hotel? Experiences? I'm only MR Gold =(.

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:07 pm

My wife and I stay there couple of years ago when they just opened. The hotel was brand new and facilities are very good. The only problem back then was there are lot of construction around the hotel. If the subway (I think is line 10) construction is over, then it will be a very nice choice.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:50 am

I was there for 5 days last week on points as a Platinum Club Level client.

I thought the hotel was fine....excellent rooms and bathroom facilities.
It is well located near the old city, the Bund, and long walking distance of Nanjing Rd. Excellent staff. There is a new Metro line stop across the street. Construction in the street is finished...only in a large construction area in a lot next door and I heard no noise. Easy access for taxis now.

The restaurant was only okay but you are very near to all the restaurants in Yuyuan Gardens.

A good choice, I think.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:48 am

I've been here several times over the last couple of years. The hotel rooms & staff are great (especially the staff in the club) but the food in the restaurants is terrible. Fortunately there are a lot of great alternatives nearby.

It looks like the construction is done (based on earlier posts). That was the one really big drawback. Construction seemed to be 24hrs/day for the metro station.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: AS MVP,Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold, Starbucks Gold card
Opinions please in Shanghai

So, I missed out on booking awards for the Renaissance YuYuan. So, I'm stuck. My next choice was the CY Xujiahui. Can anyone suggest another hotel? There are award stays available at Ren Putuo Hotel. Anyone stayed there. Oops, just realized they just opened, perhaps that's a plus. I'm visiting for the first time and don't know how far away that is to the Expo and Tourist stuff. My main mode of transportation is the Metro and foot. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Old May 4, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
With access to 3(or 4?) subways and much closer to Expo site, CY Xujiahui is much more convenient than Ren Puto.
Old May 4, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by oneLnot2
So, I missed out on booking awards for the Renaissance YuYuan. So, I'm stuck. My next choice was the CY Xujiahui. Can anyone suggest another hotel? There are award stays available at Ren Putuo Hotel. Anyone stayed there. Oops, just realized they just opened, perhaps that's a plus. I'm visiting for the first time and don't know how far away that is to the Expo and Tourist stuff. My main mode of transportation is the Metro and foot. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!
When are your travel dates? I have been monitoring Ren Yuyuan as well and their redemption inventory comes and goes. My observation is if the nightly rate is at 1400RMB per night, that means they have the standard room for that night and redemption is available. If your travel dates are not within May, and you have time to check periodically, you may still be lucky. Just make sure you have a back-up reservation with another hotel first.

Hope this helps.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:18 am

I would recomend you to stay at Ren Putuo, you can take Metro Line #7 to Expo area directly, without ant in-transfer.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:52 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I hardly know Shanghai geography.

But for my money or MR points, the JW is AMAZING!!!

One of the best Marriott family properties I ever stayed in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.