Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 5:24 pm

Wow the breakfast has been downgraded to continental only? Is this temporary while construction is going on? A big reason we're choosing to stay here is because of the Plat benefit. Very disappointing.

What about valet parking? Was reading that Plat/Titanium members get waived valet parking fee.
VCURamFan likes this.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by erics2356
Wow the breakfast has been downgraded to continental only? Is this temporary while construction is going on? A big reason we're choosing to stay here is because of the Plat benefit. Very disappointing.

What about valet parking? Was reading that Plat/Titanium members get waived valet parking fee.
Isn't the hotel closed due to COVID-19?
Old Aug 11, 2020, 7:28 am

I have been looking at a trip to Maui for 2021. Came across this which I found interesting.
The newly renovated rooms in the Beach Tower now come with lounge access. Just too bad they literally want over a 1,000,000 points for a 5 night stay!
This hotel would be appealing if status granted access to the lounge- but pretty sure that's not the case.Ocean View Double Queen Room
Image 1 of 6
Images may not fully represent the room features you booked.

Room Overview

• Hokupa'a Partial Ocean View 2 Queen

Special Benefits

• This room features lounge access
  • Private access floor
  • Complimentary food:
  • - Continental breakfast
  • - hors d'oeuvres
  • Cocktails, for a fee
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by sely
I have been looking at a trip to Maui for 2021. Came across this which I found interesting.
The newly renovated rooms in the Beach Tower now come with lounge access. Just too bad they literally want over a 1,000,000 points for a 5 night stay!
This hotel would be appealing if status granted access to the lounge- but pretty sure that's not the case.Ocean View Double Queen Room
Image 1 of 6
Images may not fully represent the room features you booked.

Room Overview

• Hokupa'a Partial Ocean View 2 Queen

Special Benefits

• This room features lounge access
  • Private access floor
  • Complimentary food:
  • - Continental breakfast
  • - hors d'oeuvres
  • Cocktails, for a fee
If I recall after speaking with the GM, the recent construction included a new, private lounge exclusively for the Beach Tower rooms. That was pre COVID, so I don’t know if construction finished or if or when it will open, and if it does what quality it will be given.. COVID.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
To me, hotel lounge in the US is roughly the same as no lounge at all. (Of course, with some exception like RC lounges.)
sunil and asnovici like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reviews post construction?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold, UA Silver, AF Silver, National EE, Hertz Pres Circle
Booked a - Ocean Tower - Aina View, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Balcony - for September 2021 for 210.000 points (5 nights) which seems to be the standard room and then reservation says that I cannot apply my 5 SNAs.

However, if I take a room that is 400 USD upgrade charge and 210.000 points I can suddenly apply SNAs.

Is this a permitted practice by Bonvoy, to put limitations on SNA applicability based on if you are willing to spring for an upgrade charge? Find this very odd, to say the least ...
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Westin Maui - Hokupaa

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new Hokupaa tower at the Westin Maui. Experience?

Are titanium given upgrades and/or access to the lounge?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by marquito
Booked a - Ocean Tower - Aina View, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Balcony - for September 2021 for 210.000 points (5 nights) which seems to be the standard room and then reservation says that I cannot apply my 5 SNAs.

However, if I take a room that is 400 USD upgrade charge and 210.000 points I can suddenly apply SNAs.

Is this a permitted practice by Bonvoy, to put limitations on SNA applicability based on if you are willing to spring for an upgrade charge? Find this very odd, to say the least ...
Similar experience for me, booking the cheapest room with cash doesn't offer SNA upgrades, next category up does. This seems against the spirit of SNAs
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:16 pm

Has anyone been upgraded to the honokaa tower? Titanium’s?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I am debating this hotel (platinum) vs. Hyatt Regency Maui (GOH with Globalist benefits). Curious how they may compare? Both are renovated recently, but it sounds like breakfast is better at Hyatt.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin
I am debating this hotel (platinum) vs. Hyatt Regency Maui (GOH with Globalist benefits). Curious how they may compare? Both are renovated recently, but it sounds like breakfast is better at Hyatt.
You’ll get more at the Hyatt as a Globalist.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marquito

Originally Posted by goodison
Similar experience for me, booking the cheapest room with cash doesn't offer SNA upgrades, next category up does. This seems against the spirit of SNAs
Was in similar situation. Can not apply SNA for a reservation made with points months ago. But I just checked now and website allow SNA request.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:29 am

Debating the Westin and the Marriott Wailea. For what it's worth I'm titanium.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Anybody know if Westin offers late checkout for elite? I understand they are not obligated to do so being a resort. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.