Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ended up staying here for one night, and glad it was one night only.

As others have said, this place is a dump, and I can vouch for that.

It really is a hotel in need of implosion or a gut rehab.

Two clunky elevators for 17 floors, Motel 6-style room appointments, and a sad looking pool.

It's a shame because the surrounding area is nice -- I walked to Kaldi's Coffeehouse for breakfast and had a great "crustless" quiche.

But even though my business is in Clayton, I would drive the extra distance to stay at the Sheraton downtown or Westport Plaza to avoid this dump.

If you absolutely have to stay here, the parking meters only charge from 8a-5p, so I parked there overnight for free instead of paying the hotel (for what I can only imagine is a gross parking garage!).
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any feedback on this hotel vs. the City Center Sheraton? Have stayed at the latter...wasn't any great shakes.

Clayton Plaza *seems* nicer, but the reviews here aren't great either.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any feedback on this hotel vs. the City Center Sheraton? Have stayed at the latter...wasn't any great shakes.

Clayton Plaza *seems* nicer, but the reviews here aren't great either.

Thanks for any feedback.
It's a fine, typical Sheraton. Lounge isn't bad. I would stay based on best location, although you get free parking at Westport Plaza...the shuttle is very convenient here though, so you may not need a car.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:09 pm

Dump

This place is awful. On top of the cramped rooms with no where to put your makeup bag in the bathroom, there was mold around the shower and fraying, dirty carpet. Disgusting, way below standards. They need to take this one to the studs and start over. I checked out after one night and moved to the brand new Hamton Inn on Meramec. It is clean and well appointed.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:13 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
If you don't need to be in Clayton the two Sheratons at Wesport Plaza are nice.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 1Kwoman
This place is awful. On top of the cramped rooms with no where to put your makeup bag in the bathroom, there was mold around the shower and fraying, dirty carpet. Disgusting, way below standards. They need to take this one to the studs and start over. I checked out after one night and moved to the brand new Hamton Inn on Meramec. It is clean and well appointed.
Originally Posted by abk
If you don't need to be in Clayton the two Sheratons at Wesport Plaza are nice.
Indeed. Avoid the Clayton Sheraton at all costs. Checked in and a moldy cheese tray welcomed me. I didn't heed the advice and blew an SNA on this place. I'm not sure anyone was even staying there. Place seemed empty. Rightfully so. Suite was shower-only. Not sure I've been in a Sheraton suite without a bathtub in a long time.

Last edited by reuthermonkey; Feb 27, 2015 at 9:17 pm
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Plat
I'll agree that this place is still a dump. Small, tired, grubby rooms, many things that didn't work (my list included the clock, the TV remote, and the shower soap dish).

Avoid.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:00 am

Of all the Sheratons I have stayed at this one hands down is the worst. Motel 6 would be a better option in comparison. In addition to a bad hotel, staff is completely useless and need to be fired from their jobs...
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I confirm this hotel is a complete dump. I stayed there 4 times since the beginning of the year, and outside the very tired condition of the rooms, the minuscule bathrooms, the pathetic lounge (not even a real cup for your coffee, just plastic !), my 2 last stays turned very bad with no light in the bathroom one morning, room not made one day and the apotheosis : find some dried food on the window (inside) like if somebody vomited on it (this was probably there for several days but was not cleaned by housekeeping). Totally disgusting and I decided to leave the hotel prematurely.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Plat / Marriott Gold / SPG Gold
Any recent stays here? Considering a 2 night stay for the PGA Championship at Bellerive in August. Found a 2 bedroom suite for a decent rate, but if the property is still as bad as it sounds, then I'll probably look elsewhere.

Thanks in advance..
KOB
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by kcKOB
Any recent stays here? Considering a 2 night stay for the PGA Championship at Bellerive in August. Found a 2 bedroom suite for a decent rate, but if the property is still as bad as it sounds, then I'll probably look elsewhere.

Thanks in advance..
KOB
Thought about staying here recently but checked the reviews on Starwood. I'm not a fan of tripadvisor but horrible reviews on Starwood's own website from multiple guests who were platinums. Decided to just stay by the airport and Uber into Clayton. Both the Renn and Marriott by the airport tend to upgrade plats, have good lounges, and decent bars.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kcKOB

Thanks in advance..
KOB
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Thought about staying here recently but checked the reviews on Starwood. I'm not a fan of tripadvisor but horrible reviews on Starwood's own website from multiple guests who were platinums. Decided to just stay by the airport and Uber into Clayton. Both the Renn and Marriott by the airport tend to upgrade plats, have good lounges, and decent bars.
Clearly avoid Sheraton Clayton. If you want to stick to SPG, I have been quite happy with the Magnolia hotel downtown STL. The Westin downtown is nice too but usually very expensive IMO.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Clearly avoid Sheraton Clayton. .
I realize that this hotel apparently needs serious renovation but ... couldn't they do something to make it more appealing. Bonus points, better lounge food, etc. The lack of any of that suggests they don't care.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I realize that this hotel apparently needs serious renovation but ... couldn't they do something to make it more appealing. Bonus points, better lounge food, etc. The lack of any of that suggests they don't care.
Indeed, a need for renovation happens to every single hotel from times to times. But the problems I faced staying there several times clearly showed me there is a management problem in this property.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat / Marriott Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Clearly avoid Sheraton Clayton. If you want to stick to SPG, I have been quite happy with the Magnolia hotel downtown STL. The Westin downtown is nice too but usually very expensive IMO.
Went ahead and reserved two rooms at the Magnolia just in case. I'll keep looking around but will likely bag the Sheraton Clayton.

Thanks for the feedback already given and any still yet to come.
KOB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.