Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Pool, Sauna, and Health Club Admittance Policy
  • The health club is closed on the first Thursday of every month.
  • Due to health club regulations and safety reasons, children under 12 years old are not allowed to enter the pool, even if accompanied by an adult.
  • An entrance fee applies for use of the pool, sauna, and health club.
  • Guests who have a tattoo may not be permitted to use the hotel’s pools or other facilities where the tattoo might be visible to other guests.
Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We are on property. Continues to be great value and upgrade to "suite".

The best upgrade ever received and continue to receive is what I would call a junior suite which is two rooms put together with no partition between beds and "living room" area.

The Lounge is not open in the morning. The voucher breakfast options are for either top floor breakfast or on lobby level restaurant. The options for food items in the Lounge evening has expanded. Still nothing special but a little effort. They also had a dessert tray.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We are on property. Continues to be great value and upgrade to "suite".

The best upgrade ever received and continue to receive is what I would call a junior suite which is two rooms put together with no partition between beds and "living room" area.

The Lounge is not open in the morning. The voucher breakfast options are for either top floor breakfast or on lobby level restaurant. The options for food items in the Lounge evening has expanded. Still nothing special but a little effort. They also had a dessert tray.
Agree this place is an excellent value. I had a quick overnight here a couple weeks ago and this place was actually available on cash and points for 2k spg + $35 when the going rates were 17,000 JPY.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The going points rate is 4k or as pointed out above using cash & points. With fifth night free award. Bargain for Japan. You almost feel bad paying $100 US which can be found easily.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
Sight seeing in Osaka, is Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka any good

Greetings, burning some spg points, I was planning a visit to Osaka in Dec 15-20 of this year. Is the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka any good? is it close to any sight seeing destinations in Osaka?? WOuld like to burn points as little as possible as i am saving up for south pacific later next year...

thanks
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Soundman76
Greetings, burning some spg points, I was planning a visit to Osaka in Dec 15-20 of this year. Is the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka any good? is it close to any sight seeing destinations in Osaka?? WOuld like to burn points as little as possible as i am saving up for south pacific later next year...

thanks
This thread should be of help
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I understand that this hotel is a bit out of the way, but quite accessible via public transport.

Otherwise, I look forward to other comments, as I'm also staying here next year as a base for some travel in Japan.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I understand that this hotel is a bit out of the way, but quite accessible via public transport.

Otherwise, I look forward to other comments, as I'm also staying here next year as a base for some travel in Japan.
I was able to do sightseeing in Osaka as well as outside of Osaka quite well from this hotel. I'm not sure what your plans are, but for example I went to the Osaka Castle, Mt. Koya, and Kyoto easily. If you're good w/ public transport, then you'll be fine.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)

Well, a bit out of the way means going to the connected train station and taking it for 2 stations (or something like that) to get into the heart of Osaka. Not bad at all.

We also used it as a base for Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe. Perfectly fine.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Great location

Actually, we have used this hotel as our base travel around Japan. We would leave our luggages here when we do overnight trips to Kyoto, Kyushi (Beppo), Sapporo (yes, Sapporo in Hokaido), and Tokyo.

The airport bus drops off directly at this hotel without stops. The hotel sits on top of Kintetsu rail (easy access to Nara, and Kyoto), and the Osaka subway line.

So, actually, it is perfect for exploring Osaka via public transit. Albeit, the rooms are quite tiny. But, the lounge and breakfast at the lobby level is great value. Glad to see it came back down to a Cat 2.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
The going points rate is 4k or as pointed out above using cash & points. With fifth night free award. Bargain for Japan. You almost feel bad paying $100 US which can be found easily.
Unfortunately 5th night free award is only available for Category 3-7 hotels. Nevertheless points stay here is a no brainer when rates are high.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I understand that this hotel is a bit out of the way, but quite accessible via public transport. Otherwise, I look forward to other comments, as I'm also staying here next year as a base for some travel in Japan.
I've stayed at this hotel in Osaka more than any other hotel. For me, as a business hotel, it is absolutely brilliant. Not only is the Kintetsu Line directly below the hotel, accessible via escalators (and with a secret way via the elevator too), but the airport buses both go to the hotel as well. The Kansai bus is just outside the front, and the Itami bus is around the front desk through the parking lot connected to the same building.....a very small walk on the same [upper] floor---I've never had it that easy getting to an airport from a hotel **ever** for something like Itami.

The JR Osaka Circle Line is down the street, about 500 meters, and a post office about 50 meters. Burger joint (Freshness Burger) outside, around the building, and there's a supermarket 1st floor through the glass doors, and another one, deep below, inside the train station hallway. LOL

Spock Seat.

Last edited by Spock Seat; Dec 5, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I agree with the above posters with regards to location.

If have no problem navigating the transit system in Japan in general, Tokyo, or the Osaka region in general, you should have no problem. You are one station (on private lines) away from the Osaka JR Loop Line.

The club lounge in this property, similar to the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo in service is that it is lacking... the last time I was there, the club lounge still did not offer anything of substance as it pertains to actual happy hour food - just some snacks (biscuits, candy, etc.) and a handful of alcoholic/non-alcoholic offerings.

In any case, nice hotel, easy-to-get-to location.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The club lounge in this property, similar to the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo in service is that it is lacking... the last time I was there, the club lounge still did not offer anything of substance as it pertains to actual happy hour food - just some snacks (biscuits, candy, etc.) and a handful of alcoholic/non-alcoholic offerings.
Agreed. And it's super small and stuffy (so quiet!). The club lounge at Sheraton Hiroshima was much better. I didn't mind the lounge at Sheraton Miyako Tokyo because at least it was bigger and more open. The drinks IMO were really tasty, too.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
how to get to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka from Osaka Kansai airport via trains??

i have a few point to burn and i am burning them at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka.. Anyone have experience on the subway from the airport? what route do i take and how much it costs? Also any sight seeing ideas would be great,, what restaurants to hit and what to do there while i spend 3 nights there. I am doing a cash and points for dec 15 to 19 and they charged me 11K points and 65 USD ++ per day does that sound reasonable? i have herd some got stays here for only 3-4K points per nite. SPG has offered me 22,000 points for the stay on the points only redemption...I am only a gold member with SPG so i am not sure what or if i will be upgraded. any suggestions would help.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Soundman76
i have a few point to burn and i am burning them at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka.. Anyone have experience on the subway from the airport? what route do i take and how much it costs? Also any sight seeing ideas would be great,, what restaurants to hit and what to do there while i spend 3 nights there. I am doing a cash and points for dec 15 to 19 and they charged me 11K points and 65 USD ++ per day does that sound reasonable? i have herd some got stays here for only 3-4K points per nite. SPG has offered me 22,000 points for the stay on the points only redemption...I am only a gold member with SPG so i am not sure what or if i will be upgraded. any suggestions would help.
Nothing to add on the hotel, but might is suggest visiting the Destination: Japan forum for more details on subway and location information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.