Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Pool, Sauna, and Health Club Admittance Policy
  • The health club is closed on the first Thursday of every month.
  • Due to health club regulations and safety reasons, children under 12 years old are not allowed to enter the pool, even if accompanied by an adult.
  • An entrance fee applies for use of the pool, sauna, and health club.
  • Guests who have a tattoo may not be permitted to use the hotel’s pools or other facilities where the tattoo might be visible to other guests.
Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako, Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Hotel sits on top of a subway station called Tanimachi Kyūchōme. I stay there yearly so station name becomes easy to remember.
I always remember by Osaka Uehonmachi! I stay there yearly too. haha
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by anchor79
I always remember by Osaka Uehonmachi! I stay there yearly too. haha
Ah that's the Kintetsu Railway station right next door. ^
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:31 am

Would members have any idea what kind of room a SPG Gold would get upgraded to from a "Guest Room" ? (subject to availability)

I note that there is a Superior Room, Premier Room (more expensive) and then suites.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Would members have any idea what kind of room a SPG Gold would get upgraded to from a "Guest Room" ? (subject to availability)

I note that there is a Superior Room, Premier Room (more expensive) and then suites.

Thanks in advance.
You most likely will get the room you booked. You maybe upgraded to a renovated room. Suites are possible though very rare as there's very few suites available. It's a very busy hotel common with tour groups. I like it here since it has direct limousine buses to both ITM and KIX airports. I'll be staying over at the Marriott Miyako for 1 night in May (passing through).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's weird that they list the limo bus from KIX but not from ITM. This site shows the bus from ITM also stopping at Kinetsu Uehommachi

We're going to book here as we need room for 1 night for 3 people and not allowed at Marriott. It's annoying how hard it can be to get 3 adults in 1 room in Japan. All other nights (Kyoto and Tokyo) will be in Airbnb so at least that will be easier. We'll see what we get for 1 night with 3 adults as Platinum but not until May 2018 when we go.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by rmc1
It's weird that they list the limo bus from KIX but not from ITM. This site shows the bus from ITM also stopping at Kinetsu Uehommachi

We're going to book here as we need room for 1 night for 3 people and not allowed at Marriott. It's annoying how hard it can be to get 3 adults in 1 room in Japan. All other nights (Kyoto and Tokyo) will be in Airbnb so at least that will be easier. We'll see what we get for 1 night with 3 adults as Platinum but not until May 2018 when we go.
In Japan, every extra head is accounted for. That's why the pricing differs even between 1 or 2 people.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
In Japan, every extra head is accounted for. That's why the pricing differs even between 1 or 2 people.
Yeah, I understand that but for Marriott hotels in Osaka and Tokyo (only cities I checked) they do not have any rooms that allow 3 adults. If you go and search for 3 it just says no rooms available.

When we took my father in law a few years ago he just got his own room but we're traveling with 18 year old niece so don't want to do that and luckily it's only 1 night we need a hotel. At least the Sheraton allows for it so we booked there. Does anyone know if they will charge lounge access for 3rd guest? Any idea the cost? Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Am here.

Platinum recognition was excellent. Breakdown of perks including lounge. Am in an "updated" room. Best described as "corporate" nice after a few days at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto (which was sublime). Service was excellent. The girls here are stronger than they seem. They were able to sling 12.5 kilo boxes around easily. Equality! I don't get a lot of the complaints in the thread. The lounge is small but during happy hour they had a good selection of appetizers (salami and smoked salmon canapés), lots of little snacks (laughing cow cheese and nuts and soyjoy bars) as well as a selection of beer and booze and fizzy drinks. No hot food but no biggie since there's that mall next door that has that tonkatsu shop (along others) on the 5th floor. If you're in Japan and somehow lounge food is the important thing for you, there's a larger issue looming.

Getting here was easy. Take JR to Tsuruhashi and transfer to the Kintetsu Nara Line to Osaka Uehommachi (next stop). Exit and turn right. Hotel is outside.
barracuda93 likes this.

Last edited by abraxis; Aug 1, 2017 at 6:59 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by abraxis
The lounge is small but during happy hour they had a good selection of appetizers (salami and smoked salmon canapés), lots of little snacks (laughing cow cheese and nuts and soyjoy bars) as well as a selection of beer and booze and fizzy drinks.
Is there any proper alcohol like whisky (local, scotch or bourbon)?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
I remember there were some beer, will check later when I'm there.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:50 am

I remember there were some beer, will check later when I'm there.
IIRC, there were Whisky, Bourbon, Sake, Shochu, Bailey's, Champagne, Beer, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Plum Wine, etc.. So technically they have 1 from each category of liquor (IIRC). Manned by 1 staff as the lounge is small, it's a good place to eat the small bites that is available and drink. Lots of titbits available.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Just got approved BRG rate for Marriott Osaka Miyako for the same date I have a flexible booking with Sheraton Miyako. The rate at Marriott is still double of that at Sheraton. I should be Plat by that time, so lounge will be included at both. Significant upgrades unlikely, due to sakura time. Any advice, which one to go for? Obviously Marriott is a better hotel (and views are great), but is it worth double price?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Just got approved BRG rate for Marriott Osaka Miyako for the same date I have a flexible booking with Sheraton Miyako. The rate at Marriott is still double of that at Sheraton. I should be Plat by that time, so lounge will be included at both. Significant upgrades unlikely, due to sakura time. Any advice, which one to go for? Obviously Marriott is a better hotel (and views are great), but is it worth double price?
I have and will only stay at Osaka Marriott when I'm in Osaka and I think it's my top favourite hotel I've ever stayed at. Merely because of its great location to the train station and the building is spectacular. However I wouldn't want to spend more than 25 000 Inc taxes a night for two. So I would say it depends what rate you are on.
​​​​
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:14 pm

Marriott Osaka is excellent the lounge is huge and the evening cocktail is generous. The location is lively with lots of malls around as compared to Sheraton.Though the rate is higher but I will choose Marriott anytime over Sheraton.

The room is modern and the view is everything that will make your trip worthwhile.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:49 am

I only stay here in Osaka due to the low rate and easy access to subway and airport limousine bus.

I stayed at Marriott Osaka once on points just to try it out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.