Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New Delhi, India [Master Thread]

Sheraton New Delhi, India [Master Thread]

Old Apr 28, 15, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by camille55 View Post
Just PM-ed you Keyser.

c55
got it....many thanks....
Old Oct 30, 17, 1:08 pm

Programs: BONVOY Plat (LT Gold), Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Very little discussion in here. Had a 2 night stay and everything went quite alright. Got upgraded to a suite on 8th floor. It seems that rooms on 7 floor have been refurbished but on 8th floor definately not. Room was however ok, bit dated and atleast on somepoint someone had smoked in it. Nice massage chair in room.

Renovated ClubLounge was on 7th floor with couple of basic items on 6pm to 8pm. Strange thing was that they kept score on drinks consumed and ask for signature to a bill when leaving. Nothing charged at check-out however. Outside "happyhours" nothing.

Pool area ok, so was the gym. Definately better than the pool area at Le Meridien for a nap.

Area outside hotel called Saket. Couple of bigger shopping malls with restaurants right next door. No need to take taxis or rickshaws. After all the hazzle in central Delhi this area felt civilized in a way.

If you have things to do in southern parts of delhi then i would recommend this property. But if you need to get to center then there are much better properties around.
Old Mar 21, 18, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here 2 nights last weekend. My stay mirrors Kelju's. Upgraded to suite on 8th floor with massage chair (a first for me). Old dated room. Apparently 6th and 7th floors have been renovated thus far. I quite liked the lounge. There were 4 hot items in the evening, 2 of which were vegetarian. Buffet breakfast was excellent.

The only strange thing was the folio upon check-out had my first name with an Asian surname (I have a French surname). My address and SPG number were still correct though. Turns out that I was assigned a new surname at the ITC Mhugal where I spent a night before arriving at the Sheraton, but I didn't catch it over there. Anyhow, Sheraton front desk corrected my folio when I pointed out the error. Oddly enough, no points/stay credit have posted to my account yet from the Sheraton stay (even though I got the points/stay credit from the ITC with the incorrect name).
Old Mar 22, 18, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Oddly enough, no points/stay credit have posted to my account yet from the Sheraton stay.
this property typically takes a week before posting the stay so i would not panic till a full 7 days have passed....
Old Mar 22, 18, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
this property typically takes a week before posting the stay so i would not panic till a full 7 days have passed....
Points posted overnight! ^
Old Jun 22, 20, 6:04 am

The hotel has temporarily closed and been converted by the Delhi city government to a COVID-19 hospital:

https://theprint.in/health/uv-saniti...tients/445275/

Last edited by James Luckard; Jun 22, 20 at 6:09 am
Old Jun 22, 20, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
The hotel has temporarily closed and been converted by the Delhi city government to a COVID-19 hospital:

https://theprint.in/health/uv-saniti...tients/445275/
the sheraton closed down towards the end of march & started offering rooms to doctors & other medical professionals for a number of hospitals that are in walking distance of the hotel....then at some point in may it was announced that it will be converted to a covid-19 isolation center for the max hospital, which is a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel....

as of now, the hotel is providing rooms for doctors while asymptomatic patients & patients with mild symptoms are being housed in their banquet halls that have been turned into isolation wards....
James Luckard likes this.

Last edited by Keyser; Sep 4, 20 at 11:49 am
Old Sep 4, 20, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the hotel opened up a couple of weeks ago....checked out of a one night stay today....it was my first hotel stay since march & i felt like i was the only guest in the hotel....did not see another guest in the lobby or at breakfast....

only the 4th & 5th floors of the hotel are open & the lounge is closed....only one restaurant is open, that too just for dinner....however, the coffee shop is open from 7am - midnight....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: