Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I liked the location of the Prague Marriott & would certainly stay there again.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Can anyone give a comparison of the Marriott vs. Boscolo?
I'm a Platinum member (through SPG, in case that matters).

Will be staying in Prague for one night before a flight, have been to Prague once before. I will arrive quite late and leave pretty much after breakfast the following morning, so won't be spending much time in the hotel.
Would be nice to be close to bars etc., get a nice suite and great breakfast - if possible.
Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
FWIW, I'm doing an overnight in 4 weeks and staying at the airport Courtyard as I'm arriving late (22:55) and leaving late the next morning. I'm returning 2 weeks after that for a 5 night stay and staying at the Marriott. According to a friend who used to live there, downtown Marriott is better location for going out. Marriott also has a lounge for breakfast and evening food and drinks; whereas Boscolo does not.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
For your needs, as aaupgrade stated, the Marriott sounds like the better of the two properties. You might also want to consider the Prague Sheraton, which is in the New City, with easy walking access to the Old City. Last time I was there, it was much less expensive than the other two. They gave me a two story suite with a little balcony, there is a lounge and the included breakfast was good. You also do not mention what bars you want to be near, but it's closer to the places I go. BTW, the FS hasn't given me any UGs in three stays.

Finally, just to throw this out...Uber to the airport is a third the price of anything else. It was my Czech friend's first Uber ride. He is now a convert.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The Sheraton has a minimum stay requirement of two nights on the date that's relevant for me...
I guess I'll book the Marriott on a flexible rate and hope they'll remove the restriction closer to my travel dates.
Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Finishing up a stay at Prague Airport Courtyard:

• Acknowledged Plat status
  • Upgraded to what they refer to as a Studio; but really more like a 1 bedroom suite
  • Internet included for Plat
  • Took 250 points arrival gift

Just stayed here transiting from the ARN-LHR-PRG legs of my AONE4 to a round trip back home for 2 weeks. So I'll be back in Prague, downtown Marriott, in 2 weeks.

Airport Courtyard is very convenient for an airport overnight, no shuttle needed as it's a 2 minute walk at the most from terminal doors to hotel.

They did provide me a welcome letter and welcomed my as a Plat, but absolutely nothing written or mentioned about breakfast being included. This was fine as there is a McDonalds, Starbucks (24 hour), Costa and other options outside security and right inside terminal doors, as in 2 minute walk.

TravelEx ATM(?) in Courtyard lobby if you want to pay fees, but feeless bank ATMs located in terminal and also in shopping mall which is in same building as Courtyard. To get to the closest ATM go out the front door of Courtyard, immediately turn left, walk 40 m and enter shopping mall entrance. ATM is marked by KB sign down the hall on the right.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Checked into Boscolo tonight with my husband for our anniversary. Clerk asked if I wanted to add breakfast since it wasn't included in our rate. I asked if it was included as platinum premier. She said my MR number wasn't on file and wrote it down. Was then given a form for plat gift.

Gave us the tiniest room with a single bed.

Went downstairs to ask for another room. Was told that they were sold out for the night but we could move midday tomorrow but no upgrade would be available. Marriott.com still selling rooms as is Hotel Tonight app... so about that sold out status...

The purpose of PP is.... what?

At least SPG properties do it well...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Plat, AA Plat, United Sil, Delta, Hertz PC, National ExecEl
Just stayed at the Boscolo Prague as well as the Marriott Prague.

My observations -
Boscolo - got upgraded to a suite. Had designer (Cavalli I think) toiletries. Picked welcome amenity and got 2 beers & bruschetta which was delicious. Really good breakfast spread that was included as part of my status. Does not have a lounge. Didn't visit the Spa/Gym so don't have any info. there. Had an issue with the bathtub drain which was promptly fixed. The property is very pretty considering it was an old bank that was converted (but not Park Hyatt Vienna pretty) so comes with high ceilings, elegant marble flooring, pillars etc.
Marriott - got upgraded to a suite. L'Occitane products. Picked the welcome amenity here too, but picked 2 bottles of water and a cheese/meat platter (and a gingerbread cookie) - unfortunately I didn't get to taste it since I didn't come back to my room until much later in the night. There is a lounge - a pretty and expansive one, but the breakfast spread was not impressive. The lounge is open until midnight with access to coffee / water / soda. Standard Marriott hotel feel.

Both locations have excellent access to public transport, although the Marriott is closer to Old Town (5 min closer if walking), while the Boscolo is next door to Prague's main rail station. I felt Boscolo's customer service was better as was the very knowledgeable Concierge. I'd pick the Boscolo for future stays.
michelin likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:22 am

Has anyone tried the Midtown Grill restaurant at the Prague Marriott for breakfast?
Did it offer anything special?
It looks like elites get complimentary breakfast only in the lounge and not in the breakfast restaurant (the Midtown Grill restaurant) at this property, and I'm trying to decide where to have breakfast. (I'm a gold member)
If the breakfast spread is significantly better in the restaurant over the lounge, I'm willing to pay extra.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:03 am

It's been a few years since I stayed at this hotel, but the three times I did the lounge breakfast was excellent: closer to an Asian property than an American. My past two stays have been at the Sheraton which is very nice, but the breakfast buffet there was not as nice as the lounge breakfast at the Marriott, although the Sheraton had a fresh egg station. The Sheraton upgraded me to a two floor suite with two bathrooms and a nice, small balcony from which I could see the castle.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hello!
Any thoughts on whether the Sheraton or the Marriott would be better for a family with kids? My husband and I would be traveling with our then 3 year old and 1 year old. The Sheraton is cheaper on points (especially until tomorrow before the category increases!). However, the Sheraton Prague is telling me I need to book at Junior Suite because of occupancy limits. That junior suite costs 34K for 5 nights. The Marriott would be 46K for a regular room for 5 nights.
I am leaning toward the Sheraton but I am I concerned about the distance from touristy things. We've never been to Prague. I would also love a lounge that has decent food in the evenings as that really makes a difference with 2 small kids. Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by ashley1245
Hello!
Any thoughts?
Thank you!
Having stayed at both, my inclination for my next trip is to stay at whichever is less expensive. Both are good options.

The Marriott is very close to the touristy things and to the north, so you enter the old city through the gate. The Sheraton is in the new city, which is still quite old, which is just to the south of the old city. You enter the touristy area from the south, which does not have a gate. It is a farther walk, but only be a couple blocks. It's very easy and doable. As you walk from the hotel through the new city you pass some awesome bakeries and restaurants populated with locals. The area where the Marriott is located is more downtown/business and less residential than what surrounds the Sheraton. The Marriott's area is more sterile, which isn't a compliment IMO. I actually kind of liked the Sheraton's area better.

Other than the old city sites, many of the tourist sites are actually closer to the Sheraton. The Charles Bridge is the same distance from both, just in different directions, which means the castle is equidistant from both. There is a cool synagogue, the Jubilee Synagogue, near the Marriott, and there are beautiful buildings along the walk from the Sheraton to the old city, including a school, the oldest McDonalds in Eastern Europe (the building's exterior is gorgeous, the aforementioned school is directly across the street) and a really cool kitchen gadget store. Public transportation is easy to access from the Sheraton, too.

As for the room type, I was UGed to a duplex suite which I thought was big enough for two upstairs and two small kids down with a rollaway and the sofa, but I see they have it listed as two for maximum occupancy.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Having stayed at both, my inclination for my next trip is to stay at whichever is less expensive. Both are good options
Thank you so much for this feedback! I was able to book the Sheraton before the category increase. That leaves me with a few extra points that I can use in Vienna or Budapest. I really appreciate the help! Thank you!!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Anyone have any thoughts of the Prague Marriott v. The Augustine? Trying to decide between the two and both look great! For what it's worth, I'm Ambassador Elite and am staying on points.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by lincoln841
Anyone have any thoughts of the Prague Marriott v. The Augustine? Trying to decide between the two and both look great! For what it's worth, I'm Ambassador Elite and am staying on points.
I’ve stayed at the Prague Marriott and it was a very nice stay. Good breakfast and was upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.