Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Thank you, I saw that thread, but it is very old and has no mentioning of the Courtyard. The last post was made before the Courtyard even opened.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I've stayed at both the Marriott and the Ren several times. As I'm sure you''ve already learned, they are directly opposite each other. It's a great location with just a few minutes walk to Wenceslas Square, The Old Town Square and so on. There's lots of shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinty. Sorry, I haven't tried the Courtyard - it's too far out for me. I like to be able to walk about rather than rely on public transport. The Prague metro system is safe and efficient though, so if you can save some cash it could well be a worthwhile choice. There will be nowhere to go near the hotel though, I'll bet.

Of the other two, I prefer the Ren. Rooms are good, lounge is excellent, decent enough gym. The restaurant does a pretty good steak, and that swings it for me. I often arrive too late to want to wander around the city and so I rely on hotel food. I've stayed in most of the major hotels in the city, and the Ren's is the nearest to Western-ised plain, ordinary fare, if that's what you're looking for.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Just got back from Prague. The Courtyard is new, nice and modern. The Metro stop is no more than 50 yards from the hotel. The Metro is really fast, and it is no more than 8-10 minutes to get to the main square. The restaurant in the hotel is the Purple Basil Bar and Restaurant and the food we had was competent. I would highly recommend a local Czech restaurant up the street across from the Metro for great food and incredible prices. My only issue with the hotel which is the subject of my recent thread was about the high speed internet which is $22.00 per day. Wireless is only in the lobby and if you purchase it make sure that they turn on the ethernet high speed in the room without trying to charge you an additional $22.00. In any event, I would definitely stay there again and if you do stay there you'll be pretty amazed how fast the Metro will get you to the Main Square without even transferring. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:22 am

Thank you. I've decided to make a compromise and stay two nights at the Ren and the last two nights at the CY.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Gordon...just wanted to make sure you knew I was referring to the Courtyard Flora and not the one at the airport.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 9:34 am

Yes, I realised that..
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I've stayed twice at each property and really enjoyed both. I'm getting married in Prague next month and have decided to stay at the Ren simply because at the time of booking, the only rooms available at the Marriott were Execs and Suites due to refurbishment of the guest rooms. The Ren always seems to be slightly cheaper than the Marriott anyway.

If it is any help, I managed to get the rate reduced via the Look No Further guarantee from 230 Euro/night room only to approximately 160 Euro/night including breakfast by using www.expedia.co.uk and www.ebookers.com as comparisons. Ebookers had cheaper weekday rates and Expedia had the weekend cheaper. I made 2 reservations and submitted 2 claims. When they had been approved, I asked Customer Care to 'join' them together.

What dates are you looking at?

Last edited by GlennTheBaker; Apr 5, 2007 at 10:22 am
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:50 am

The dates are june 29th - july 3rd.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
OK, here's what I've found.

If you make a reservation at the Renaissance Prague for 29 June - 1 July (2 nights), you get a rate of 119 Euro/night + tax. I can't see this for less anywhere else.

If you also make a reservation for another 2 nights from 1 July - 3 July you get a rate of 229 Euro/night + tax. For these 2 nights, www.ebookers.com have a rate of GBP 109 including tax, which converts to 160.92 Euro including breakfast. Take off the tax portion and you get a rate of 153.26 Euro which is less than the rate on Marriott.com.

Submit a claim for the second reservation under the Look No Further guarantee and the result will be either:

1. They agree the claim and reduce the rate on Ebookers by 25% to 114.94 Euro/night and include breakfast.

2. They agree the claim, remove the cost of breakfast for 2 (40 Euro) and reduce the rate by 25% to 73.26 Euro/night but no breakfast included.

3. They deny the claim.

I had a claim for a room for one of my wedding guests denied when using Ebookers for comparison as they apparently issue an accommodation voucher which goes against one of the T&C's of the Look No Further guarantee. However, there is no mention of this in Ebookers T&C's so I argued my case based on that and they came back to me and agreed it!

You've nothing to lose in any case.

Hope I've helped.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Prague Renaissance construction

Be aware that the Prague Renaissance will be undergoing a renovation starting sometime in mid-late July. I had made a reservation for that timeframe (beginning July 15) but later received an email advising me that the hotel will be closed, so I've switched my reservation to the Prague Marriott.
Old May 14, 2007, 9:08 am

Prague - Marriott or Renaissance?

Looks like they're across the street from each other - which is the nicer hotel?
Old May 14, 2007, 10:37 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=prague

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=prague
Old May 23, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Just got back from Prague. The Courtyard is new, nice and modern. The Metro stop is no more than 50 yards from the hotel. The Metro is really fast, and it is no more than 8-10 minutes to get to the main square. The restaurant in the hotel is the Purple Basil Bar and Restaurant and the food we had was competent. I would highly recommend a local Czech restaurant up the street across from the Metro for great food and incredible prices. My only issue with the hotel which is the subject of my recent thread was about the high speed internet which is $22.00 per day. Wireless is only in the lobby and if you purchase it make sure that they turn on the ethernet high speed in the room without trying to charge you an additional $22.00. In any event, I would definitely stay there again and if you do stay there you'll be pretty amazed how fast the Metro will get you to the Main Square without even transferring. Hope this helps.
When booking at the CY I was offered a standard room rate and superior room for 20 euros more...the superior room says free high speed internet is included the other rate said internet was in the room....(i.e. not 'complimentary')...it's also a larger room...so is the superior room worth it for more than just the free internet access?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Question Do Either Of These Hotels Upgrade Gold Or Platinum To Concierge Lounges Gratis?

People have mentioned being upgraded but have not indicated clearly whether this was free of charge or not to either the Concierge/Club level of either property -- so do they do this? If both, which is the better lounge?

In addition, the Renaissance is closing for renovations from 7/15 to October, 2007.

Are the rooms at the Renaissance that beat up?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
People have mentioned being upgraded but have not indicated clearly whether this was free of charge or not to either the Concierge/Club level of either property -- so do they do this? If both, which is the better lounge?

In addition, the Renaissance is closing for renovations from 7/15 to October, 2007.

Are the rooms at the Renaissance that beat up?

Thanks!
I stayed at the Renaissance last month. I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite as I was getting married in Prague . The lounge was very nice. The food was pretty good and the service was just fine.

The hotel is in pretty good condition but the room decor does need a refresh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.