Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Note the Marriott is currently renovating its fitness center. Guests are redirected to the Boscolo, includes access to its awesome pool.

Once the renovation is complete, I suspect the Marriott will have the nicer fitness center (not counting the pool). While the Boscolo is gorgeous, the fitness center is just average by European standards (adequate but not exceptional).

Back at the Marriott, lounge breakfast is eggs/cooked meat/oatmeal/breads/cheese/sliced meat/yogurt/fruit/cereal. I'd call it average by international standards.

Evening snacks are pretty nice, three hot options plus various small salads, etc. Dessert usually includes three or four main options plus various small snack items. Slightly above average by international standards. Beer and wine from 5:30 - 9:30, I don't recall seeing hard liquor.

The rooms look recently renovated. Power everywhere, with three types of ports: Type E (EU with grounding pin), Type B (US, but I think it's 230V) by the desk, and USB by the desk and bed. The desk is a bit small, but serviceable. The chair is not ergonomic. Bathroom is typical European Marriott.

BTW, there's also an indoor connection to the metro. On the lobby level, use the doors at the end of the hallway to the right of the elevators.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bennos
Note the Marriott is currently renovating its fitness center. Guests are redirected to the Boscolo, includes access to its awesome pool.

Once the renovation is complete, I suspect the Marriott will have the nicer fitness center (not counting the pool). While the Boscolo is gorgeous, the fitness center is just average by European standards (adequate but not exceptional).
I stayed at the Prague Marriott in December 2014. As I recall, the hotel itself didn't have a fitness center or pool. Instead, the hotel provided free access to the World Class fitness center and pool - which was located next door to the hotel.

Has this arrangement changed, or still the same?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by JeepGuyDE
I stayed at the Prague Marriott in December 2014. As I recall, the hotel itself didn't have a fitness center or pool. Instead, the hotel provided free access to the World Class fitness center and pool - which was located next door to the hotel.

Has this arrangement changed, or still the same?
I don't know what the intention is. The FD simply said "our fitness center is under renovation", which could have meant the fitness center next door is under renovation, or that their agreement ended and now they're building one.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Courtyard City (formerly called "Courtyard Flora"

Question about the Courtyard. Does/will hotel comp plats to breakfast like some other European CY's (e.g. both Munich CY's)?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:32 pm

I've got 4 nights booked at the Prague Marriott in November. However, there have been some price drops with the Boscolo so that it is now about $30 a night less than the Marriott.

I'm platinum. With that in mind, is the Marriott worth the extra money?

Art
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by ArtM
I've got 4 nights booked at the Prague Marriott in November. However, there have been some price drops with the Boscolo so that it is now about $30 a night less than the Marriott.

The Marriott is more or less a standard European Marriott. The Boscolo is a more unique, interesting property, but I don't think has a lounge (though you should still get breakfast). If the lounge isn't important to you, I'd probably go with the Boscolo.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ArtM

Art
Originally Posted by bennos
The Marriott is more or less a standard European Marriott. The Boscolo is a more unique, interesting property, but I don't think has a lounge (though you should still get breakfast). If the lounge isn't important to you, I'd probably go with the Boscolo.
The locations are also really different.

The Marriott's biggest selling point is the location on the river and the views. If you're a first time visitor to Budapest, you may want to get that out of your system.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
The locations are also really different.

The Marriott's biggest selling point is the location on the river and the views. If you're a first time visitor to Budapest, you may want to get that out of your system.
A room in Prague with a view of Budapest would indeed be something special. I'm assuming some sort of unintentional error here. Other than that, what bennos said.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
A room in Prague with a view of Budapest would indeed be something special. I'm assuming some sort of unintentional error here. Other than that, what bennos said.
I'm blaming jet lag.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Here's another property to add to the thread: The Sheraton Charles Bridge. If anyone has specific questions, I'm here a few more days. Staying at some SPG properties gives me three more double points stays! The hotel is on par with the Marriott, so my comparisons will be to it and not the CY or Boscolo.

First Impressions:
  • The lounge is in temporary quarters on the ground floor. There seem to be average offerings, but the Marriott has the win on the lounge.
  • The service at the Sheraton is fantastic. While the Marriott's service is very good, everyone at this hotel seems to be going above and beyond with very personal, but not cloying or forced, service.
  • I was upgraded to a Duplex Suite, and have never been upgraded beyond Club Floor at the Marriott, so a qualified win to the Sheraton on this. The Duplex room is a little odd, though. The downstairs floor has a living area, but it's not a sleeper sofa, nor could one sleep on it. There is a full bathroom downstairs and another full bathroom upstairs. Both have high tubs, and neither has a walk-in shower. The clothes closet is downstairs and the bed upstairs. The stairs are steep, narrow and twisted. I'm not tall, but my head bangs agains the ceiling on the top couple steps unless I remember to crouch. Next time, I'll ask not to be in this type of room, but some might like its funkyness.
  • The Marriott is closer to the Old City and most tourist attractions, and it's in a fancyish neighorhood, but I walked around the Sheraton's neighborhood this afternoon and saw lovely old buildings, interesting shops (especially housewares) and some funky looking restaurants. Slight advantage Marriott, but very slight.
  • To get to my room, you need to navigate a couple small staircases on the ground floor, another half flight of steps on the sixth floor and the steps in the room to get to the bedroom. If this is a concern, stay at the Marriott.
  • The Sheraton was closer to where I need to be, but it was also $30/night less expensive. On a five night stay, that's $150, which made it worth it. Personally, if it's within $100 for the stay, I'd probably lean towards the Marriott.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and a good additional offering for us in Prague.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update/comparison.

Cheer.s
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Here's another property to add to the thread: The Sheraton Charles Bridge. If anyone has specific questions, I'm here a few more days. Staying at some SPG properties gives me three more double points stays! The hotel is on par with the Marriott, so my comparisons will be to it and not the CY or Boscolo.

First Impressions:
  • The lounge is in temporary quarters on the ground floor. There seem to be average offerings, but the Marriott has the win on the lounge.
  • The service at the Sheraton is fantastic. While the Marriott's service is very good, everyone at this hotel seems to be going above and beyond with very personal, but not cloying or forced, service.
  • I was upgraded to a Duplex Suite, and have never been upgraded beyond Club Floor at the Marriott, so a qualified win to the Sheraton on this. The Duplex room is a little odd, though. The downstairs floor has a living area, but it's not a sleeper sofa, nor could one sleep on it. There is a full bathroom downstairs and another full bathroom upstairs. Both have high tubs, and neither has a walk-in shower. The clothes closet is downstairs and the bed upstairs. The stairs are steep, narrow and twisted. I'm not tall, but my head bangs agains the ceiling on the top couple steps unless I remember to crouch. Next time, I'll ask not to be in this type of room, but some might like its funkyness.
  • The Marriott is closer to the Old City and most tourist attractions, and it's in a fancyish neighorhood, but I walked around the Sheraton's neighborhood this afternoon and saw lovely old buildings, interesting shops (especially housewares) and some funky looking restaurants. Slight advantage Marriott, but very slight.
  • To get to my room, you need to navigate a couple small staircases on the ground floor, another half flight of steps on the sixth floor and the steps in the room to get to the bedroom. If this is a concern, stay at the Marriott.
  • The Sheraton was closer to where I need to be, but it was also $30/night less expensive. On a five night stay, that's $150, which made it worth it. Personally, if it's within $100 for the stay, I'd probably lean towards the Marriott.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and a good additional offering for us in Prague.
I too stayed at the Prague Marriott, and the Sheraton. I much preferred the Marriott, on whole. Marriott location is better for old town activities. Plus it's next to the Palladium mall, in case you need to shop or see a pharmacy (which stays open late). On the minus, even for a Plat you have to pay for breakfast albeit about 50% off the regular rate. That is, unless you eat in the lounge, which has little to offer but may be enough for some.

Sheraton lounge is TINY, and only accessed via stairs. Full breakfast is free, which is a plus. My room was on a half floor, meaning you took the elevator either to level 4 or 3, then went up or down a flight to access my room. Very weird! If you don't like stairs, use the Marriott. Sheraton doesn't need room key to access elevator, which can be handy if you have kids or other visitors that may not have a room key.

Marriott seemed 10x busier than the Sheraton. Boatloads of tourist groups from India and Asia.

If I come back to Prague, there's no question I'll be at the Marriott. But the Sheraton is not bad by any means. Location was the biggest negative to me, but public transit is not that far away.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by yngdiego
Sheraton lounge is TINY, and only accessed via stairs.
While I was there, the lounge was in temporary quarters: a conference room that was up a half-flight of stairs. However, workers were busy constructing the new lounge which is on the same level as check-in.

Location was the biggest negative to me, but public transit is not that far away.
I actually liked the Sheraton's location better because it was in a neighborhood, as opposed to the Marriott being in a business area next to a mall. To each his/her own.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CJKatl

First Impressions:

I too stayed at the Prague Marriott, and the Sheraton. I much preferred the Marriott, on whole. Marriott location is better for old town activities. Plus it's next to the Palladium mall, in case you need to shop or see a pharmacy (which stays open late). On the minus, even for a Plat you have to pay for breakfast albeit about 50% off the regular rate. That is, unless you eat in the lounge, which has little to offer but may be enough for some.

Sheraton lounge is TINY, and only accessed via stairs. Full breakfast is free, which is a plus. My room was on a half floor, meaning you took the elevator either to level 4 or 3, then went up or down a flight to access my room. Very weird! If you don't like stairs, use the Marriott. Sheraton doesn't need room key to access elevator, which can be handy if you have kids or other visitors that may not have a room key.

Marriott seemed 10x busier than the Sheraton. Boatloads of tourist groups from India and Asia.

If I come back to Prague, there's no question I'll be at the Marriott. But the Sheraton is not bad by any means. Location was the biggest negative to me, but public transit is not that far away.
Some nice Sheraton reviews, interesting to see. It appears the Marriott is a better hotel from all the reviews I've read (FT, TA, etc.). However, it doesn't appear it is much better. Starpoints redemption opportunity is fantastic at the Sheraton (coming in at 3.3 cents per). If it was a paid stay - I'd likely lean Marriott - and even with the redemption oppty was considering. But these two reviews have me thinking save money and spend it on food
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Some nice Sheraton reviews, interesting to see. It appears the Marriott is a better hotel from all the reviews I've read (FT, TA, etc.). However, it doesn't appear it is much better. Starpoints redemption opportunity is fantastic at the Sheraton (coming in at 3.3 cents per). If it was a paid stay - I'd likely lean Marriott - and even with the redemption oppty was considering. But these two reviews have me thinking save money and spend it on food
Agreed. And I like the Sheraton's location much better, in the New City, which was still built in I think the 1500's. The Sheraton is in a less commercial, less touristy area while still being an easy walk to the tourist sites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.