Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Prague, Czech Republic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Thanks for the update. Enjoy your stay.

Be sure to check out the view from the CL deck. Also, a very beautiful synagogue is close to the hotel. It's not near most of the other touristy stuff, so we actually missed it the first time. You actually turn right at the hotel door instead of left, which would be towards Old Town. I think it's called Jubilee Synagogue.

Keep us updated on your travels.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Pictures

Finally found time to upload photos of the property.

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/ho...ague-marriott/

Cheers.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Seems to be a rather run of the mill Marriott. I have a res for later this month, while renovations are underway. I may need to go with my res at the Courtyard and cancel the FS res.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Seems to be a rather run of the mill Marriott. I have a res for later this month, while renovations are underway. I may need to go with my res at the Courtyard and cancel the FS res.
I'd say it depends on your rate at FS vs CY, what you want to do, if you value free breakfast, evening appetizers & booze, etc.

Given the renovations are just starting on the ground floor & are expected to go on for several months I'm not sure how much disruption there will be yet.

Do agree that that it's a regular Marriott property.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'd say it depends on your rate at FS vs CY, what you want to do, if you value free breakfast, evening appetizers & booze, etc.

Given the renovations are just starting on the ground floor & are expected to go on for several months I'm not sure how much disruption there will be yet.

Do agree that that it's a regular Marriott property.

Cheers.
yep its a reg but it has 3 big things going for it, Location,Location & Location walk outside and a very short walk Bingo youre in the midst of it all, that is if the tourist things are what a person wants, no need to deal with a bus or train
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by craz
yep its a reg but it has 3 big things going for it, Location,Location & Location walk outside and a very short walk Bingo youre in the midst of it all, that is if the tourist things are what a person wants, no need to deal with a bus or train
Fully agree. Some really good eating and drinking places very close by too.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:11 pm

Is it worth double the price? I have res for 1000CZK at the CY and 2000CZK at the FS, both per night. Plus my travel companions will be my sons (18, 13). So booze not as important (only because I practice temperance while with the boys), but food could be helpful. They could kill the food budget in a matter of hours.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:16 pm

Is it worth double the price? I have res for 1000CZK at the CY and 2000CZK at the FS, both per night. Plus my travel companions will be my sons (18, 13). So booze not as important (only because I practice temperance while with the boys), but food could be helpful. They could kill the food budget in a matter of hours.
1000CZK = $60; 200 = $120.

You'll get a decent brekkie (from what I remember of my stay; wolfed down scrambled eggs, bacon, & grapefruit in 3 minutes flat due to being late for FT event) in the lounge, plus soft drinks/snacks in day, and some evening munchies (hot & cold) plus wine/beer or soft drinks in the eve.

The question is whether that's worth $60/day for the 3 of you. I personally like having access to an exec lounge, whether it be for food or just soft drinks during the day.

The location of FS is better as craz mentions, but the metro for CY isn't bad. And as Glenn says, some decent eating options nearby FS.

BTW - both of the prices you are quoting are fabulous.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Plus if there are three of you you will have to pay for public transit each way every time you want to go somewhere at the CY. I got upgraded at both hotels, but the Marriott's room was more accommodating for three people (king and couch). The CY upgraded room only had a king. Try to score a bonus bucks cert on CC or eBay to help balance the cost for the FS property.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:36 pm

I agree, great rates. I'm just trying to keep my "cheapo gene" from making a bad decision. Being able to load up on a hearty breakfast, access to water bottles, afternoon snacks and happy hour drinks probably comes out to at least $20 per person per day.

Does anyone know the extent of the upcoming renovations?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:38 am

I agree, great rates. I'm just trying to keep my "cheapo gene" from making a bad decision. Being able to load up on a hearty breakfast, access to water bottles, afternoon snacks and happy hour drinks probably comes out to at least $20 per person per day.

Does anyone know the extent of the upcoming renovations?
When I was there a few weeks ago for the PRG Do, the FDC mentioned they were going to renovate the ground floor (which I thought was fine) & it was going to be a long project. I thought it was supposed to start in July or August, so if it's only starting now I'm guessing it's not that disruptive. Of course that's just a guess.

Request an upgrade to the exec level (floors 6 & 7), so odds are you wouldn't hear any noise that far up. And if you're accessing the exec lounge for brekkie/soft drinks/etc, you're only going to be transiting the ground floor to enter/exit the hotel so again might not be that big a deal.

I hadn't even thought of the public transit costs, which Maineflyer16 mentions. If you're doing Old Town stuff you're walking distance, whereas CY requires subway costs so you'll get a bit of savings there in addition to the food/drink aspect of the lounge.

Cheers.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Good Stay

Hi,

Stayed here in December '10. I'd like to echo most of the comments. The hotel is pretty nice for a Courtyard; rooms are spacious, clean, and pretty well furnished.

Just like to add 2 things

1) I highly recommend getting the Platinum gift here as its one of the best I've had at a CY. Good quality cheeses and a very nice bruschetta from the restaurant downstairs (which is the chain Oleo Pazzo that you find in many European CYs, quite nice but also pricey.)
2) Internet costs but the Budvar restaurant in the shopping mall has free wifi that you can pick up on some of the lower floors. Also, a good option for a cheap breakfast as well!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the update on the property! Your fellow FTers appreciate it.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:59 am

We ended up at the Courtyard, for a couple unanticipated reasons. First, Rome took me about US$1000 over budget. Second, one son and I ate something bad in Rome. We have lost about one day's worth of touring time in our recovery. Third, we have not done well adapting to the time change. We aren't getting up and out until 10 or 11 AM most days. So breakfast is usually skipped. Lastly, given our late starts, we are touring late and not arriving back to the hotel for cocktail hour.

I'm estimating the total Metro cost for the five days we are here to be about US$40.

BTW, the market and mall at Flora are a very nice convenience. Especially with two people recovering from food poisoning. Oh, and Prague us just incredible! A must visit destination.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:47 am

Free night promotion Prague (if you stay 2 nights)

Hi there

I am not very used to Marriott because I am a regular at IHG and Swissotel.

However my company wanted me to stay at Marriott Prague and I found a rate which allowed me to stay one night free for the consecutive weekend.

I found the rate on checkmystay and it is also available at Marriott page (I hope I copied the link correctly).

I hope it is some new and good news for you, otherwise just delete this post please...

Regards
SebFra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.