Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist.
Awesome, thanks everyone!

So I moved over to the Towers for the extra points, and now am in a Towers Deluxe King Room.

Has anyone used an SNA in the Towers here?

They said they could upgrade me to the Executive Suite with City/Courtyard View in Towers either with an SNA or at checkin pending availability, but my understanding is that you really want a Harbor View room, not a City/Courtyard view, correct?

Will they really not upgrade plats to any sort of Harbor View room / suite on an SNA or at checkin?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:58 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
My experience over a number of years as a regular guest is that Platinums will either be upgraded to a harbour view room or a suite with a city/courtyard view. I have only had a harbour view suite on 1 stay and that was clearly an exception. I guess it couldn't hurt to email them and ask them if a SNA could get you to that harbour view suite.

As for the view, I choose the suite over the view because I like having the extra room and you still get the view at breakfast and from the lounge. If you haven't been to Hong Kong that much then I would probably choose the view as it is spectacular.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I've had both rooms as well and there is a Suite with an partial harbor view and that room was really nice. The suites with the city view aren't really worth it in my mind, but I usually care more about the view than the space. Otherwise, I always book a harbor view Towers room since I love that view so much.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
So let me recap what I got by reading through this thread...as a Plat I will most likely get a Harbour View room as an upgrade, plus access to the Plat-Lounge which sadly has no view of any desirable kind. I will not have a chance for a (free) upgrade to a towers room, and unless I get there somehow (by chance or through a points/cash upgrade) the towers lounge (with nice views and better service/offerings) is off-limits for me.

As to breakfast I understand that this is offered in the restaurant for free as Plat when I do not upgrade to towers, and when I upgrade I have the choice of towers lounge or restaurant. Finally a SNA will probably move me into a non-view executive suite and again will not move me either up to the towers levels nor will the suites have any type of view.

Are these assumption correct so far?

As to my situation, this will be my first trip to Hong Kong, and I will have several people following at home waiting for some "impressive" pictures...thus I would probably look for a room with a view more than I usually do. I will be there for a single night only (this is my turning-point of a mileage-run) and I will arrive around 7pm on a Saturday evening and plan on asking for the latest possible check-out as my return-flight on Sunday does not depart until close to midnight. Size-wise I will easily do with a regular room, but I would appreciate the harbour view and the highest floor possible. Any suggestions how to achieve that, and if going for the towers room is worth the reported number of points given my objectives? Would using a SNA (have plenty left that otherwise would expire) do anything positive towards my objectives?

Thanks in advance for you suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: DL Plt, SW A+, SPG Plt, HH Silver, Marriott Gold,
Agreed, and they treat members great!
The free perks such as breakfast made to order on the 18th floor is worth it alone. You can also have the full buffet downstairs or even room service for breakfast for free.
Tea hour and happy hour as well with a killer view of the harbor are also something to experience.

I also have to say I was there a few weeks ago, I messed up and set my reservation for the wrong day. Betty the Mgr stepped up, took care of me and made everything right without ever making me feel like an idiot (which I was ) and adjusted everything. The Towers Staff Rocks!

BTW you also get Free Wi-Fi up there so tell us how you like it.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It's nice to see that you called out Betty - she is one of the gems there!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:21 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by djohannw
So let me recap what I got by reading through this thread...as a Plat I will most likely get a Harbour View room as an upgrade, plus access to the Plat-Lounge which sadly has no view of any desirable kind. I will not have a chance for a (free) upgrade to a towers room, and unless I get there somehow (by chance or through a points/cash upgrade) the towers lounge (with nice views and better service/offerings) is off-limits for me.

As to breakfast I understand that this is offered in the restaurant for free as Plat when I do not upgrade to towers, and when I upgrade I have the choice of towers lounge or restaurant. Finally a SNA will probably move me into a non-view executive suite and again will not move me either up to the towers levels nor will the suites have any type of view.

Are these assumption correct so far?

As to my situation, this will be my first trip to Hong Kong, and I will have several people following at home waiting for some "impressive" pictures...thus I would probably look for a room with a view more than I usually do. I will be there for a single night only (this is my turning-point of a mileage-run) and I will arrive around 7pm on a Saturday evening and plan on asking for the latest possible check-out as my return-flight on Sunday does not depart until close to midnight. Size-wise I will easily do with a regular room, but I would appreciate the harbour view and the highest floor possible. Any suggestions how to achieve that, and if going for the towers room is worth the reported number of points given my objectives? Would using a SNA (have plenty left that otherwise would expire) do anything positive towards my objectives?

Thanks in advance for you suggestions!

Greetings - Dirk
I really don't see the SNA getting you a harbour view suite but you can email and try. As for the partial harbour view suite, it is more of a view of the Peninsula hotel with a slice of the harbour then anything else.

Although in your case if you are planning on relaxing on Sunday as opposed to sightseeing, I would invest the points to upgrade to the Towers. The lounge is a quite pleasant place to relax and they have some sort of service going all day there. My guess is even with a 4pm checkout you could stay probably stay later in the lounge. If you are a 75 night platinum you could go for the 7pm to 7pm 24 hour stay which would be about perfect for you.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by MikeFly
It's nice to see that you called out Betty - she is one of the gems there!
Betty is the best. I've been staying there regularly for six years and she's been there at least that long!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
I had the same issue to consider on my first trip to HKG, and I chose view room over larger room. I wish I'd done the opposite. While the view is amazing, you get to see it from the lounge, and likely a better view from there unless you get a view room on a high floor. As for the lights at night, and the show, I found the view to better down on the water.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
From reading above, the gist I'm getting is that moving to the Towers is worth some extra points. I'm going to be doing a 2 night stay in a few weeks, and will be PLT by then. My question is how the extra points upgrade has been offered? Is it something you ask for at check-in, or is it a pre-stay email offer?

I have an award room booked, and will be on a mileage run at the time, so good lounge access, etc, is part of the 'charm' of the trip. An extra 2k+ points per night seems well worth it, if available.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:04 am
abk

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
From reading above, the gist I'm getting is that moving to the Towers is worth some extra points. I'm going to be doing a 2 night stay in a few weeks, and will be PLT by then. My question is how the extra points upgrade has been offered? Is it something you ask for at check-in, or is it a pre-stay email offer?

I have an award room booked, and will be on a mileage run at the time, so good lounge access, etc, is part of the 'charm' of the trip. An extra 2k+ points per night seems well worth it, if available.
If you have booked an award room then you can call back and have them change it to an award to the Towers which will just add the up charge in points for the Towers.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist.
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47

I just emailed [email protected] and inquired about moving over to the towers for extra points. Should work.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Sheraton Hong Kong 2008 - [Master Thread]

I'll give it a try, thanks so much for the info!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question any updates on this property?

I am considering a stay in early February, and there is a huge discrepancy between the positive comments in this thread and what is posted elsewhere (e.g. FT thread on Sheraton Hong Kong, A Nightmare Story, spg comments from Plats about non-recognition, a temporary lounge).

What exactly is going on at this property? Any comments from recent stays? Can anyone PM me with a hotel contact, thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
For two years, 2010 and 2011, I did maybe 6-8 stays at the Sheraton Hong Kong, during which I was upgraded to Executive Suite at least half the time (mostly 2-nighters). My last stay at the hotel was in summer 2014, a two-night stay in which I was also upgraded on arrival to an Executive Suite (did not use SNAs). The suites were mostly facing the Peninsula Hotel, sometimes an internal courtyard view and at least once a partial view of the harbour. All these stays were in the non-Towers part of the house. I can't remember whether the full breakfast was complimentary or required a small top-up.

I've been using this hotel since 2005/2006 and have not had any serious problems or disappointments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.