Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Old Aug 14, 2007, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I second the recc on the YVR Airporter being the best way to get from YVR to the Sheraton Wall Centre. Stops right in front of the hotel and runs appx every 20 mins.

The hotel itself is in a great location. So much you can walk to or use the decent public transport system in Vancouver.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IC Platinum, SPG Gold
Any recent experiences as a Gold member at this hotel? TIA
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My recent experience as a plat was that I did not get a suite - the property was full. When I asked if I could get free internet for one day as a goodwill gesture I was lectured by a young front desk fellow in a rather condescending tone that suite upgrade is not a guaranteed benefit and I would not be getting anything beyond what was required by SPG rules. Fair enough.
Aside from that the stay was OK but I don't think I will return - the property is pretty average overall.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by isles1
I just checked in. As far as I can tell, my Gold card gets me nada at the Wall Centre.

I'm in the North tower, 15th floor. They apparently didn't put me on a Sheraton-style "SPG" floor... the bottles of water in here are $4.50 CDN, and the cabinet that contains the room safe & empty fridge has a door that's falling off. Definitely some good (whatta view!), bad and potentially ugly stuff to put into my trip report (should I post it here?), but I'll give this place the benefit of the doubt for the full stay and see what happens.

Last edited by DJMeatBall; Sep 7, 2007 at 9:16 am
Old Sep 7, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Originally Posted by isles1
I have stayed at this hotel approximately 20 nights so far this year as a Gold, and have NEVER received anything in recognition. Come to think of it, I USED to receive a welcome note from the manager, but I don't recall even seeing that for the past two months.

I also agree that some of the rooms are in need of refurbishment, but in my opinion, the location and the price can't be beat in Vancouver. In fact, on my last trip, I decided to "treat" myself to one night at the Westin Bayshore, and have to say NEVER AGAIN.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum
Second time at the Wall Centre, second time with no upgrade as a Plat. Though I never asked for one. I've always stayed in the South tower not knowing the difference (didn't do my homework till now). The rooms aren't bad, but I don't mind a smaller/newer room which apparently it sounds like the North tower has.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Sheraton Wall Centre - Vancouver - which tower?

Does anyone know which tower of the Sheraton Wall Centre might be more desirable. I stayed there in September but the taxi dropped us off at the smaller tower closer I think to Burrard St. The following morning we realized that there was this more massive part of the hotel, part of their brochures and on hotel photos, and the location of the pool and fitness area.
Which tower is more desirable when selecting a room? Inputting certain characteristics like a AAA rate show a differentiation of towers with the same price. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:53 pm

In over 100 stays at the Wall Centre, I have always stayed in the south tower, which is the tower closest to the intersection of Burrard and Helmcken.

I'm not sure if it's just habit or nostalgia - I've been staying here since before it was a Sheraton, and since before the third towers was built.

I also like the fact that the driveway for valet parking at the south tower allows for access to both ways on Helmcken and on Burrard, while the driveway for the north tower parking allows access only onto Hornby which is one way north.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
What's with the exchange rate?

2 Issues with my last stay:

I stayed here and my bill came to around CAD 140 without taxes. My bill says you have earned approx. 268 Starpoints. Sounds fair.

Unfortunately, they hadn't added on my incidentals, 2 glasses of red-wine in the lounge. I forgot to mention this to them, so I got two charges on my card after I left; $13.00 for each
I check my statement and I get 216 Starpoints for my stay

So, I am lacking about 50 Starpoints for the room rate, + 25 elite bonus, + around 30+15 for incidentals as well as $13.

Is there a penalty for not telling them about the red-wine in time? Or am I having a loss of memory and the glass of wine actually costs $13?

Obviously, the $13 matters more than the ~120 Starpoints, but their exchange rate is nowhere near reality.

On the plus side I did get a One Bedroom Suite , I had an in-room movie which had a problem with the audio/video synchronization. I mentioned it to Guest Service agent who said they had a problem with it and was happy to take it off the bill.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
As a plat I've been upgraded the last 2 times I've gone to huge corner suites. CarNut, now that you've had 20 stays there you're probably Platinum this year, hopefully your experiences improve...
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:09 pm

Two for two upgrades to the corner suites as a Platinum so far this year!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
In my experience over a number of years (5+) as a regular Platinum guest at this property, I can only recall 1 night that I have failed to be upgraded to a suite of some sort (very similar to the treatment offered to plats at the Sheraton Gateway LAX). Another nice bonus for plats at this property is the complimentary local calling benefit (not to mention of course the two floor Club Lounge access on the 25th and 26th floors as well as free wi-fi in the Club Lounge on the 27th floor).

The worst that's ever occured is having to request a suite, but subject to the one exception stated above, its always been available.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks to FT'ers, I chose this hotel over the Westin while in Vancouver this week with the relatives - and I'm so happy I did. We stayed in the North Tower (thanks to the advice) and we were all upgraded. Our rooms were on the 24th floor, my husband and I had a corner room. Fabulous views, and knocked the socks off the in-laws from the midwest. Friendly, helpful staff from check-in to housekeeping. And yes, Popeye (the one-eyed seagull who prefers smoked salmon) is still there. He's got a good gig.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I had a stay at this hotel back in June, and figured I would post a photo report now that the SPG Forum is supporting embedded pictures (^). My take on this hotel is that it's conveniently located and decently priced. However, my previous stays in Vancouver have all been at the Fairmont Waterfront, which I must say is a nicer hotel overall. I'm not sure how the rooms at the Sheraton compare to other SPG properties in Vancouver, though. The furnishings may not have been the newest or most modern, but the room was clean and well-kept, and I was quite thankful for the Suite upgrade I received (the Jacuzzi-Tub didn't hurt!). The staff were also exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The Obligatory Photos:

Fountain Outside Entrance to Hotel

Corner Suite Living Room

Stand-Up Bar in Corner Suite

The Bedroom was wedged into a corner of the suite, which made taking a photo somewhat challenging.

Bathroom

Big Jacuzzi Tub!

Fountains Outside the Hotel

Overall my stay at this hotel was very pleasant. Heck, any time I get away to Vancouver is very pleasant. Who wouldn't enjoy walking around Stanley Park, having great dim sum, and taking a day-trip to Victoria and Butchart Gardens? I would definitely consider staying at the Sheraton again, but am somewhat curious to try the other SPG options in Vancouver, as well.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
As a frequent vsitor to this great city,I´ll vouch for the quality of both Westins and the Sheraton Wall Centre. Each has something different to offer. Can´t make a wrong choice. I wish all Starwood properties were up to the standard the Vancouver hotels set.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.