Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center, Vancouver BC [Master Thread]

Old Nov 19, 2005, 7:16 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
I've actually booked conferences here back in my meeting planner dAAys. Both towers are nice, but the North Tower has better basic rooms. The top floor suite in the South Tower is one of the nicest I've seen, with never-ending balconies and multiple fireplaces.

This property is walking distance to the cruise ship terminal (about 6 blocks), but probably a bit far with luggage, although it is all downhill.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 2:35 am

Programs: UA1k, AA plt, SW plt, Mar plt
South tower is my preference, partly because it is the tower with the (great) lounge, and also I really like the junior suites that they almost always give you as a platinum.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:42 pm

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center

Just made a quick decision to go with the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center Club Level. Anyone stay there recently? Is the club level worth the extra expense? Location seems to be good but I've never beeen to Vancouver. Any opinions as compared to the Westin Bayshore...
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Prem.; SPG Plat
I stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre regularly so here is my take: The Club level is in the south (old) tower. The nicest standard rooms are the corner rooms in the North Tower, especially when you get a higher floor where the views are beautiful.

I personally prefer the north tower because the ventilation system is better (it always seems stuffy in the south tower even though you can open the tiny windows) and because it feels more "laid back" with a large, open lobby and a sort of different design to the rooms.

anyhow, thats my 2
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hyatt Diamond
fo for the westin - grand or bayshore

Originally Posted by go.away
Just made a quick decision to go with the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center Club Level. Anyone stay there recently? Is the club level worth the extra expense? Location seems to be good but I've never beeen to Vancouver. Any opinions as compared to the Westin Bayshore...
If prices are competitive, go to a westin. Sheraton's staff clueless, rooms and club dated. That's all.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
However Wall Centre is located better. On Burrard Street between Davie and Robson. Close to the theatres, shopping district and all the tourist zones.

Bayshore is not as convienent.

Mrs and I prefer the Bayshore because it is quieter and we feel the service is better.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:29 am

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
As a former Vancouverite, I rarely stay in the hotels here, but I have experienced both of these properties. The location of the wall centre is nice being close to robson street and pacific centre mall but the bayshore is right next to stanley park and the water and is surrounded by the coal harbor area which has a lot of great restaurants and also is not too far from robson and other shopping/activity areas. It really depends on what you are in town for! Also just as a general notion between sheraton and westin. Westin's seem to have just that little extra attention to detail that makes ones stay great instead of just good! (Plus loving the new "Breathe Westin" program!)

Enjoy your stay in Vancouver, if you need any tips feel free to pm me!

Happy travels!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:48 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Sheraton Wall Centre, Vancouver

Trip report, great hotel, not bad location. great treatment of Plat members.

I have stayed there many times and love this hotel. Always get a good u/g to a family suite. Rooms are irregular which I actually love. Service is terrific including free breakfast in lounge on 25th floor. Free phones and computer access too.

And great rates there at this time of year too.

However, what I have never understood is there are 2 towers to this hotel, the north one (which you want to stay in) and the south one (which is the convention hotel side and very conventional rooms---not that I have ever been in one).

I never want to stay in the south tower and thankfully I never have. However I do not see any booking plans for this other tower. Can anyone fill me in on this second tower and how room allocations work there as well as the quality of the rooms and upgrading policies???

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:25 pm

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center - Recent Stays?

I apologize if there are any recent threads on this, all I could find was some very old ones.

Going to Sheraton Wall Center Vancouver this weekend for a 3 night stay. I'm a platinum and had a couple of questions:

1. How are the upgrades for platinums? Is getting a suite a possibility?
2. Which tower should I stay in? I have read that the North Tower is newer, should I push for a suite in the north tower?
3. Is the lounge in the North or South tower?
4. Any other good tips for this hotel?

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Unless they are sold out you will get a suite, and probably a large one. I generally get one with a long hallway, large living room with king bed, sofa, chair etc, separate bedroom with queen. This is a great hotel (as are all Starwoods in Vancouver). I have only ever stayed in the South Tower, which is the main part of the hotel and you will be very happy here. Lounge is in this tower and is very pleasant. Great views, decent continental breakfast and evening snacks. Sure you will enjoy the stay. I quite enjoy hopping in Vancouver, the Westin is just around the corner and is a fancier hotel with smaller but more luxurious rooms. If you have an early flight then the 4 points if good too.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I agree, the Wall Centre treats Plats very well, and I have always been u/g to a suite, and always without asking. Staff at this hotel are generally terrific - helpful, friendly, efficient. The lounge, along with good breakfast & evening snacks (& great coffee), also has a great view...though likely so will your room. I've only ever stayed in the South Tower also, and while the North may or may not be newer, the South rooms are just fine, not tired or worn out at all. This is one of my favourite hotels, simply because you never have to worry about a stay going "wrong" - it's consistently good. Oh, and the paper they deliver is a National Post (not my fave), but you can get the Globe (& USA Today, if you're so inclined) in the lounge & downstairs. I don't recall how much parking was, but I seem to remember it's a bit less of a rip off than some of the other downtown hotels.

If you are interested, the gym is well equipped, though a weird layout with aerobics machines at the entry, then you go through the change room to the weight rooms (yes, two), and a good sized pool. Though you're also quite close to the waterfront trail, which is a very pleasant place to walk.

I personally don't like the Westin Grand - cold & sometimes rude staff, and the slowest elevators on the planet I think. Nice enough rooms, but I didn't think they were particularly special.
Old May 27, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: BA
Does anybody have any experience of this hotel as a Gold member?

Also, would being on an award stay make any difference to the outcome? Thanks!
Old May 29, 2007, 3:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Alaska Gold 75K, American Plat Pro
Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver

MODS: Please feel free to merge this if there is an existing one.

Recently I stayed at Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver. When I called reservation, I specifically mentioned to book me for 2-bedroom suite (not 2 room suite). I was then booked to a 2-room suite, which was not I had in mind. Another strange thing, the system there still showed that I was a gold member, though I know I am Plat. member. Very disappointed.

However, the bell-man was very helpful and called the Manager, David, to see if I could be upgraded to 2-bedroom suite. At that time, the rooms were not available, but David asked me if I would be willing to pay CAD100/night upgrade for the 2-bedroom suite (instead of CAD200). I said I didn't mind since I really can't use 2-room suite. I had my parents-in-law with my family too.

When check-out, I noticed billing error, so I called FD to straighten it out, and they sent the new bill up. A few days later, the charge showed in my SPG AMEX and it was the original erroneous bill. I sent a msg via online messaging system asking to straighten the issue and at the same time dispute it with AMEX to deduct the difference.

48 hours later, I got an apololgy email from David, the manager at Sheraton WC. ^ Very good job. He compensated me for 2500 starpoints, and immediately took care of the difference with AMEX. Showed up in my account in another 48 hours.

I was very happy with the ending, and I decided to stay there again in my next visit at the end of June. I informed David regarding this, and he told me that he had flagged my reservation to get a generous room upgrade.

Now that's what I called Customer Service. Great Job to David.
^ Very Happy Customer here.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 5:49 pm

anybody has any recent stay report on this property? do they (or the westin grand) have the free shuttle to the YVR airport?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
I don't think either property has a free airport shuttle. (I can't think of any downtown hotels in Vancouver that do.) But a taxi is relatively inexpensive (figure about $25-$30 CAD one way). If you prefer a shuttle bus the YVR airporter has details at: http://www.yvrairporter.com/ They charge $21 CAD round trip for an adult and stop at most major hotels downtown. If you want the least expensive way downtown (and also the least convenient) it is Translink which runs the public bus from the airport. Details at: http://translink.bc.ca/ They are building a train, but it won't be open for a few years. For now you have to take a public bus shuttle from the airport to a transfer station and connect to the "B-line" service to downtown.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.