FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/676849-w-hotel-san-francisco-master-thread.html)

MIKEM Jul 14, 2005 10:23 pm

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

The short story is that the W San Francisco is great. I just got back from a four night stay during the Semicon Show - one of the biggest trade shows at Mascone each year.

I was upgraded to a "Groovy Corner" room on the 31st floor – BTW, the hotels was sold out. However, since I had my teen daughter with me - and a rollaway does not cut it - I took a two double room on the 29th floor. I asked them to put my boss in the upgraded room, which they did. The front desk lady was great. She took the time to look and offer me several room types. When I saw they had Bliss products I told her that I liked them - she sent a couple extra packages of them to my room -they cost $20 per pack on the Bliss website.

I entertained 10 people for diner at the XYZ restaurant. The food was very good - for that matter the room service and bar food was great as well. Having now stayed at all the *Wood hotels in San Fran, IMHO, the W is a cut above the others. Two thumbs up from me. ^ ^

fly co to see the yanks Jul 14, 2005 11:50 pm

aren't there current existing threads on this property?

anthonyanthony Jul 15, 2005 8:26 am

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
aren't there current existing threads on this property?

Yep, but they're old and stale. This one is new and fresh! I like new and fresh.

It's good to hear that the SF W has still got it.

The Weekly Flyer Jul 15, 2005 9:01 am

Originally Posted by MIKEM
The short story is that the W San Francisco is great. Having now stayed at all the *Wood hotels in San Fran, IMHO, the W is a cut above the others. Two thumbs up from me. ^ ^

Great to hear, I'm heading there in August for a 3 night stay.

Flyfarfar

777 global mile hound Jul 15, 2005 11:50 am

Thanks for the report.I am very excited.
As I reported months ago on FT the W San Francisco has a new General Manager. ^
And having experienced this individual in the past at other luxury properties I expect nothing but generally outstanding experiences for all W San Francisco
guests.
The hotel has always been a stand out.
Now the experience and service will over time clearly upstage the decor.
I look forward to all the feedback.
Have been actively referring guests since the news broke in the press some months ago.
I eagerly look forward to my return to the W San Francisco.
Cheers

fly co to see the yanks Jul 15, 2005 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
As I reported months ago on FT the W San Francisco has a new General Manager.

care to name this prodigious GM, mr. gumshoe? :D

777 global mile hound Jul 15, 2005 1:25 pm

Mr.Gumshoe Replies (sigh)

I did in the original thread but was trying to be a little more discreet here

FYI
GM: @ The W San Francisco Ms.Toni Knorr

She ranks up there as one of the most hands on professionals I have encountered in all my years of travel.
I consider Starwood and SPG guests very lucky to have her onboard.
As I stated in my previous thread IMO the W San Francisco has a whole new highly promising future.

fly co to see the yanks Jul 15, 2005 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I did in the original thread but was trying to be a little more discreet here

FYI
GM: @ The W San Francisco Ms.Toni Knorr

thanks. :)

Fly Me To The Moon Jul 15, 2005 6:34 pm

Didn't you do a search?? :p

couscous Jul 15, 2005 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Didn't you do a search?? :p

:D :D :D ^

prncess674 Jul 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by anthonyanthony
Yep, but they're old and stale. This one is new and fresh! I like new and fresh.

It's good to hear that the SF W has still got it.

:sigh: why does everyone believe that there info deserves a *new* thread. Personally MOST people like all the info about a specific hotel in one thread. MOST of the threads have information that is less than 6 months old. I wouldn't exactly call that old and stale. :(

MIKEM Jul 16, 2005 12:33 am

Just when I thought things were going well, my points post. And, yes, they shorted me the $700+ worth of points for my large dinner.

Also, for those whining about multiple threads, I did a search and was going to add on to an existing thread. However, when I put in "W San Francisco" all I got were other subjects - not the W San Fran. Hopefully, with a little therapy the damage will be mended quickly.

fly co to see the yanks Jul 16, 2005 12:55 am

Originally Posted by prncess674
:sigh: why does everyone believe that there info deserves a *new* thread. Personally MOST people like all the info about a specific hotel in one thread. MOST of the threads have information that is less than 6 months old. I wouldn't exactly call that old and stale. :(

nail. head.

MIKEM Jul 16, 2005 10:19 am

I filled out the missing credit form at SPG.com. Now I receive an email stating I have to fax in my statement, Blah Blah Blah. I had such a great stay and now I'm getting hassled about the points. This post stay problem brings down my opinion of this hotel. Toni Knorr, only if you knew?

Just did the math - they only used the room charges for point calculations. :eek: Moreover, on the bottom of my statement it says, "you will get at least XXXX points," which is what I got - just the room rate. The problem is that I charged about $1,000 in food over the four days.

I called the front desk manager and told her that I was working this out with SPG, but wanted to help them with a potential problem. I explained that IMO the W may have a formula problem. She researched, called me back, and acknowledged they have made a mistake. She said she is going to follow through and fix this for me and will instigate a change at the property to make sure this doe not happen to other guests.

777 global mile hound Jul 16, 2005 11:12 am

:D

Originally Posted by MIKEM
I filled out the missing credit form at SPG.com. Now I receive an email stating I have to fax in my statement, Blah Blah Blah. I had such a great stay and now I'm getting hassled about the points. This post stay problem brings down my opinion of this hotel. Toni Knorr, only if you knew?

Just did the math - they only used the room charges for point calculations. :eek: Moreover, on the bottom of my statement it says, "you will get at least XXXX points," which is what I got - just the room rate. The problem is that I charged about $1,000 in food over the four days. It appears this hotel does not give points for food - or at least feel they do not have too.

In the big world of miles and points I consider that to be the least of the concerning issues.A simple fax (can't vouch for email) usually clears the matter up.The good folks in Austin have always done a brilliant job resolving all such issues.Once in a blue moon it goes a little more slowly then hoped.

Now Problems ? I will share you some serious stay problems
You would be happy to be missing points that just need a simple adjustment on an account. :D
I hope that I don't have to do one of those rant trip reports anytime soon.But I feel one coming on very soon ;) For now I will leave that for
another thread and a future date.At least I can say it is not a W

But sadly a hotel at this point of the game that should be performing at way higher standards
Sounds like you had quite a party at the W SF.I'm jealous.
I have to book my return soon
Thanks for sharing all the details.It is interesting.
By now hopefully those points are already posted
As they say don't sweat the small stuff.
Easy for me to say but then its not my points missing :)
Cheers