Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Sounds like you had quite a party at the W SF.I'm jealous.
You would have thought were we rock stars. A debate researched thoroughly with no conclusion; which is better tequila, Patron or Corzo?
Old Jul 17, 2005, 5:42 am

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by prncess674
:sigh: why does everyone believe that there info deserves a *new* thread. Personally MOST people like all the info about a specific hotel in one thread. MOST of the threads have information that is less than 6 months old. I wouldn't exactly call that old and stale.
The starter of this thread is initiating a brand new conversation that is not a continuation of any of the previous conversations, and therefore should not be tacked on to a 6 month old thread that is irrelevant to him.

Flyertalk is an open forum, not a library.

My humble opinion. I'm sorry that we disagree.

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
nail. head.
nail. thumb.

Last edited by anthonyanthony; Jul 17, 2005 at 6:12 am
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
nail. head.
Here's a radical idea: if new threads on old topics tick you off, don't read new threads -- you will be leading by example and I think that will teach us all a valuable lesson. [Moderators: am I allowed to patent this ingenious technique? Maybe we could call it...I dunno... "common sense"?]

Oh, I really like the SF W too!

(edited to add last sentence so I wouldn't be completely off topic )

Last edited by rhetor; Jul 18, 2005 at 11:35 am
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:23 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
I am another big fan of the W SF. I have been staying there almost weekly since the beginning of the year. Prior to that I spent 6 months at the Westin Saint Francis. The difference is like night and day.
And the Bliss products are fantastic.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

OK, the points issue has been worked out - took one working day - and I am sooo happy now!

As far as the new/old thread thing goes, I understand the logic. However, I did a search and the only thread with the appropriate title was buried five pages back and started in July of 2003. So, what is the appropriate protocol for burying/resurrecting a thread?

Last edited by MIKEM; Jul 18, 2005 at 5:43 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by SeattleAmber
I am another big fan of the W SF. I have been staying there almost weekly since the beginning of the year. Prior to that I spent 6 months at the Westin Saint Francis. The difference is like night and day.
And the Bliss products are fantastic.
Any perks to being a weekly guest? Are they doing anything for you beyond what you're entitled to by way of your status?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Any perks to being a weekly guest? Are they doing anything for you beyond what you're entitled to by way of your status?

Define "weekly guest."
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy

Well, I don't have to wait in line to check in. They usually hand me my room key when I walk in the lobby. I don't think I've ever not been given a corner room. I usually recieve invitations to parties and events at the hotel during the week, but I have yet to attend anything. I've also gotten free Bliss products (in addition to what they have in the room).

I guess the ridiculously low rate I get is also a perk resulting from my frequent stays, as I was not offered that initially.

Last edited by SeattleAmber; Jul 18, 2005 at 5:57 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was a "weekly guest" for almost 7 months and they always pre-blocked an XX17 room for me. The front desk associates new me by name and the room service attendant always asked about my trips. I didn't get anything special other than personal attention. My corporate rate was rock bottom but it never was a deterent to getting a corner room. The other benefit of being a "weekly guest" is they will find room for you no matter how booked they are.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by MIKEM
I filled out the missing credit form at SPG.com. Now I receive an email stating I have to fax in my statement, Blah Blah Blah. I had such a great stay and now I'm getting hassled about the points. This post stay problem brings down my opinion of this hotel. Toni Knorr, only if you knew?
Keep in mind in all due respect that having a stay credit dollar/point amount problem has nothing to do with running a great hotel IMO.
Defects happen at most properties I stay in.
It just happened with my stay at a Park Hyatt regarding the daily rate of my booking.And other reservation process snafus
Does that take away from my upgrade to a spectacular suite as a Diamond? Or the great welcome amenites of white wine on ice and grilled marinated vegetables or other nice aspects of the stay?
It was simply in my case a system problem. Easily forgiven and like your situation adjusted.
Do I now think less of the staff or property now? NO way.It is just the nature of the beast.That nobody likes to deal with.Stuff just happens

A GM takes over a hotel and can not change the way the accounting department and or front office management sends a stay over or measures it perfectly.
By and large most accounting goes over reasonably well.
Depends who you ask I suppose !

A good stay is the most valuable experience one can walk away with.
No general manager can change the infrastucture of what was there before them.
What they can do is create the culture of follow-up,apology and resolution to those concerns in a guest friendly and timely manner.And for this traveler that is the so called perfect world..........

So on all levels it sounds like it went reasonably well for you
I know of one hotel that won't pick up the phones let alone answer your emails.Want to talk about being let down

Glad to see you got your points and they took care of your unfinished business ^
Cheers
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
What does parking cost at this property? and is it a hassle to self-park your car if you have a lot of luggage at check-in? Lastly, how big are the plat ug rooms - I'm going to be there with my wife and 8 month old and want all the room I can get!
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by TimMeineke
What does parking cost at this property? and is it a hassle to self-park your car if you have a lot of luggage at check-in? Lastly, how big are the plat ug rooms - I'm going to be there with my wife and 8 month old and want all the room I can get!
Valet is 46.50 a night. Self park is near impossible, parking is non-existent in this part of town. The plat ug rooms are a decent size - not huge by any means, but decent sized. I guess I dont know how else to describe it. It might be a little cramped if there was another adult and an 8 month old in here, but then again my stuff takes up alot of space
Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Can someone post/PM the contact details for the new General Manager? It seems I have to escalate a refund issue (was charged more than I spent on my credit card -> checked out two months ago with a negative balance they were unable to pay me in cash on the spot -> have been unable to get them to credit the balance back to my card regardless of multiple emails and promises to do so). Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:29 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Markonen
Can someone post/PM the contact details for the new General Manager? It seems I have to escalate a refund issue (was charged more than I spent on my credit card -> checked out two months ago with a negative balance they were unable to pay me in cash on the spot -> have been unable to get them to credit the balance back to my card regardless of multiple emails and promises to do so). Thanks!
1) File a dispute with the credit card company.

2) Contact Starwood Corporate Services at 800-328-6242 to help to get your problem resolved. They file a report directly with the hotel's management.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by SeattleAmber
Valet is 46.50 a night. Self park is near impossible, parking is non-existent in this part of town. The plat ug rooms are a decent size - not huge by any means, but decent sized. I guess I dont know how else to describe it. It might be a little cramped if there was another adult and an 8 month old in here, but then again my stuff takes up alot of space
Parking is a pain anywhere in San Fran. but if you time it right you can find parking on the street around 8PM. Just have to pay attention to the street signs on street cleaning etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.