Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Are there any parking options around the hotel that are open 24hrs?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Are there any parking options around the hotel that are open 24hrs?
https://www.parkinsf.com/
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Looking to book a stay here.
What does an SNA land you at this property?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:16 pm

any recent reports?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by yerffej201
any recent reports?
Stayed at this property on Friday and Saturday with my wife and 3 y/o. The first night we were in a standard room, which was very tight. The room had very cheap looking white wooden window shutters and a pulsating red lamp in the form of a Buddha which I found difficult to disable (although it was 2AM and we had just flown in from NYC, so that was likely part of it). Overall, I did not enjoy this night of our stay.

The second day we transferred to a “mega corner room,” which at $420 seemed like a bargain in SF. Service was very helpful in terms of the transfer; they moved our bags into the new room while we were out. This was a far better room, with a king bed, good views, and plenty of space to navigate.

The lobby scene is the typcial W clubby thing, which isn’t really for me but seems to be popular with others.

I thought Trace, the lobby restaurant, did a very good breakfast. Free platinum options were limited but good.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by acrophobia
The first night we were in a standard room, which was very tight. The room had very cheap looking white wooden window shutters and a pulsating red lamp in the form of a Buddha
My recollection is that mega corner room has same

Regardless, it's a nice room and I was pleasantly surprised by this property. Would not hesitate to return, especially if they have a parking package on sale.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:55 pm

Any recent visits to this property? Any ideal when the renovation will be completed?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, BAEC Bronze
I stayed there this week Thursday to Saturday. A small sign in my room indicated that they expect to be done by the end of the year.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, SPG Platinum 75 and Lifetime Gold
No water during the day

I had a disappointing 4 night stay recently. There was a note one night that water would be unavailable for four hours the next day due to maintenance. As it happened, I had a very late night with plans to arise late. I called and explained the situation and asked if there was another room without the issue, but was told it was hotel-wide. When I asked if I could have some points as compensation, I was told that a manager would be asked. I mentioned it again at checkout, and was told the same thing again.
With Bonvoy Titanium status, I would have expected either points or a response from the manager. I was surprised to get neither.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Seattle68
With Bonvoy Titanium status, I would have expected either points or a response from the manager. I was surprised to get neither.
The SF hotel market is so hot, properties just don't care. There's also a real shortage of competent employees.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:04 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I had a disappointing 4 night stay recently. There was a note one night that water would be unavailable for four hours the next day due to maintenance. As it happened, I had a very late night with plans to arise late. I called and explained the situation and asked if there was another room without the issue, but was told it was hotel-wide. When I asked if I could have some points as compensation, I was told that a manager would be asked. I mentioned it again at checkout, and was told the same thing again.
You were notified in advance that the water would be unavailable for a mere 4 hours. I think you wrongly believe you’re entitled to something that you are not.

I also doubt in this case that any manager telling you that would have helped you much.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, SPG Platinum 75 and Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
You were notified in advance that the water would be unavailable for a mere 4 hours. I think you wrongly believe you’re entitled to something that you are not.

I also doubt in this case that any manager telling you that would have helped you much.
If I had been notified at check in or, better yet, advised of special circumstances when I reserved, you might havr a point. Learning the night before leaves little space to alter plans.

Four hours without a usable bathroom is a pretty major inconvenience if one intended to use the room during those four hours. And I never claimed to be “entitled” to something. I said I was disappointed.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:18 am

Four hours without a usable bathroom is a pretty major inconvenience if one intended to use the room during those four hours.
Agree. Your expectations were not unreasonable.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 8:51 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Four hours without a usable bathroom is a pretty major inconvenience if one intended to use the room during those four hours. And I never claimed to be “entitled” to something. I said I was disappointed.
How quickly we forget. You did claim to be entitled to something:
Old Sep 26, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I would feel entitled to running water in a hotel room for the entire stay. If the 4 hours is 1am to 5am, maybe not so bad. But if it’s 6:30 am to 10:30 am on a work day, it’s a big deal.

I’ve had hotels offer to comp me the night with this problem. In fact every time it has happened (3). I usually ask for the points equivalent.

While I don’t necessarily feel “entitled” to that, I certainly would expect a management response when i raised the issue. Hard to see how expecting a management response rises to entitlement.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 26, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.