Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Jan 1, 2010, 4:40 pm

Any boycott updates??

I have checked http://unitehere2.org/ and is there any other news on the boycott?
Looking at booking a 2 nighter for next month.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:24 am

One of the better W's

Definitely a better W for service and upgrades.
I have stayed only 2 single nights in 2009 and both were great.
Book and enjoy!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Stayed for 2 nights March 23 & 24...15th floor, cool corner room...nice. Very helpful personnel during check in and stay. X,Y,Z is a very nice restaurant. Only complaint is the typical one: parking. $48 + tax...does anyone have a suggestion for alternative parking that is $25 or less per night?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by shyam99
Stayed for 2 nights March 23 & 24...15th floor, cool corner room...nice. Very helpful personnel during check in and stay. X,Y,Z is a very nice restaurant. Only complaint is the typical one: parking. $48 + tax...does anyone have a suggestion for alternative parking that is $25 or less per night?
Easily found using a Google search: 24 hour parking for $20 with UNLIMITED in and out privileges and it's within walking distance (0.8 mile) of the W Hotel: go to www.parkforless.org for details.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:56 am

or http://www.museumparcgarage.com/index.php

less than 2 blocks away from the W Hotel
$25 with in/out privileges

There is also a parking place (forgot what it is called) near the St. Regis for $20 but no in/out.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:58 am

I had a great 4 night stay here earlier this month and was preupgraded to a Fantastic Suite.
Loved XYZ and the food and had some great service from Shannon and others.
Very enjoyable stay and a very well run Starwood property.
Great concierge service (Thanks Chris M). Top stay in a great city!

Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Thumbs up Hearst Parking Centre is good for W, St. Regis, Palace, and Westin Market St.

http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/gar...san_francisco/

Originally Posted by myperks
or http://www.museumparcgarage.com/index.php

less than 2 blocks away from the W Hotel
$25 with in/out privileges

There is also a parking place (forgot what it is called) near the St. Regis for $20 but no in/out.
Old May 27, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Stayed here back on April 2nd - 4th, enjoyed the stay. Had a Cool Corner room on the 28th floor, very comfortable beds and the service was top notch. So far this has been my favorite W, the location is great. If there was one downside though, it's the parking. I believe it was around $50-$55 if I'm not mistaken. Even though I was there for two nights, I was only charged for one night.

Highly recommend staying here. ^
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Any recent updates on this W? I have an upcoming stay in early January. What's the hotel's track record on upgrades for Plats?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA GS // SPG Plat // Hyatt Diamond
xyz is a fun bar.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoyed LT Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Hybrid Parking Charges Raised

One of the best perks and primary reasons to stay here for us used to be the $24 parking charge for hybrid vehicles. However, on our last trip, we discovered the fee had been raised to $38. Though not too big of a deal, it looks the Moscone or Hearst Garage is where we'll be parking in the future.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:05 pm

Just booked a 2 night weekend trip here...can't wait...will report back with my findings
Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I've stayed here a few times. I feel the rooms are getting a bit tired. Love the property though. Anyone know when they are going to remodel or update the rooms?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
Just checked in. Agree, the rooms look a little worn down. Carpet stains, etc. That said, it seems to be one of the least obnoxious W's I have visited lately--which is very welcome. I have found most Ws are short on substance, this one seems to have decent customer service and fits the bill. Just moved over from the Westin San Diego next door which makes this place even better as the Westin next door has dark rooms, etc.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
"Just moved over from the Westin San Diego next door" Gee my sense of space is no where near this liberal!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.