Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:19 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up Great News

Originally Posted by CandymanJim
I will be staying here next week for the National ADA (Dental) show. came across this interesting link about management here:

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2...g07_MPace.html

Jim
My sincere thanks for sharing this press release here in the community.^
I somehow missed this update on Ms.Knorr.
Had the pleasure of breaking the news here on FT when she came on board to the W and her first Starwood property.
I am delighted to hear that she will now manage the St Regis and stay with Starwood!

While I was excited she was there from day one I never felt it was the right property for her though I knew if there was any hope for improvement to the W San Francisco she could certainly bring some serious excellence to the table if anybody could......

The St Regis will be the ultimate match for Ms.Knorr.
Her primary talents belong in a luxury property.
The W as nice as it is has a quirky kind of style.
As I will be in town for the opening of the new InterContinental in Early Feb down the block I will now certainly do a stay at the St Regis SF for the very first time.
It will also make a great comparison too see who is the real luxury champ

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Sep 20, 2007 at 11:10 am
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Meeting with Michael Pace

I told Mr. Pace I would be visiting the Hotel for 3 nights this week on business and directed him to the concerns posted here on Flyertalk. I will be meeting with him on Thursday morning at his request. Will let everyone know how it goes and how the stay turns out. I know the Hotel is, and has been sold out for some time for the convention this week so they will be at capacity and on their toes!

Jim
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:49 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

You will probably get special treatment but the reality is in my own experience a high floor corner room is the average most Platinums can expect. With bottled water for sale in the room and nothing much else going for it.
My reason for staying at other properties besides upgrades was a more sincere caring staff,consistent upgrades to suites in programs that don't promise them other then IC and better welcome amenities with higher levels of all customer service aspects.Also some of the other programs feature free breakfast.After a while either one really likes the rooms and the lobby/public areas or the novelty wears off.Most of the rooms I had been in the past were showing wear.Added to the list lower prices elsewhere with more value, I like the hotel especially when Ms.Knorr was there as GM.However I could not overlook the other factors regardless of my admiration for her as a fine manager...........Which is why I am eyeing the St Regis the cost may value the true experience

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Sep 24, 2007 at 3:17 pm
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Just stayed at the W San Francisco last week in the midst of the ADA convention. Have not been there since the facelift, so was pleasantly surprised by the following changes:

The welcome desk clerks were much friendlier. We were upgraded to a corner room.

The "living room" is now white with a horizontal fireplace in the wall, similar to the one in St. Regis.

Elevators now require keys for guest room floors. The lobby at each floor was also refreshed with the white theme. The room number is on a hang tag, with a quasi-fortune cookie quote on the other side. There's a different quote with each room.

the room color scheme of white and blue is similar to W San Diego. There is a progressive/modern Asian theme throughout the room, with mirror clouds on the ceiling and headboard. For example, there are various prints with Chinese characters, and a buddha statue that lights up in rotating purple/blue/red colors. Oh, there's a Chinese checker on the table, customized for W as each piece has the letter W.

Plasma TV is now installed in the room, with HD feed. The minibar hides behind the cabinet, along with the DVD player.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Just stayed at the W San Francisco last week in the midst of the ADA convention. Have not been there since the facelift, so was pleasantly surprised by the following changes:

The welcome desk clerks were much friendlier. We were upgraded to a corner room.

The "living room" is now white with a horizontal fireplace in the wall, similar to the one in St. Regis.

Elevators now require keys for guest room floors. The lobby at each floor was also refreshed with the white theme. The room number is on a hang tag, with a quasi-fortune cookie quote on the other side. There's a different quote with each room.

the room color scheme of white and blue is similar to W San Diego. There is a progressive/modern Asian theme throughout the room, with mirror clouds on the ceiling and headboard. For example, there are various prints with Chinese characters, and a buddha statue that lights up in rotating purple/blue/red colors. Oh, there's a Chinese checker on the table, customized for W as each piece has the letter W.

Plasma TV is now installed in the room, with HD feed. The minibar hides behind the cabinet, along with the DVD player.
Sounds nice. I'm looking forward to my free night award (2Q Promo) there in late December.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
What products are they using? On one page of their website it shows H2O bath products but state they have Aveda products. Then on another page it states they have the bliss sink side six. They really need to edit their webpage.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
What products are they using? On one page of their website it shows H2O bath products but state they have Aveda products. Then on another page it states they have the bliss sink side six. They really need to edit their webpage.
par for the course with Starwood's web trackrecord. I can confirm that it's Bliss.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:52 am

thank you!!!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:36 pm

Currently in this hotel and I'm loving it so far - WoW!!

I need some help identifying What room I got. The front desk staff told me that I'd been upgraded to a "Fabulous Suite" (think she meant Fabulous Room), which appears to confirm the information on my reservation at spg.com.

But my suite seems to match the description of the Fantastic Suite. It's a 2 room suite - separate living room and bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a Murphy bed in the living room. It's really 2 rooms joined together, and definitely feels nicer than the description of the Fabulous Room on spg.com

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:44 pm

Thanks for the update! I will be staying there in May, cannot wait!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:38 am

I have updated my trip report to include a comprehensive review of the W San Francisco, with heaps of pictures:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=29

Cheers.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:00 pm

anyone stay at this property recently? what is the general plat treatment at this property? I am going to switch my stay from Westin Market Street to W SF based on other FTers review. Is it worth it for $50 more in your opinion?
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by anchor79
anyone stay at this property recently? what is the general plat treatment at this property? I am going to switch my stay from Westin Market Street to W SF based on other FTers review. Is it worth it for $50 more in your opinion?
depends on what your looking for? westin market street is for me no frills sorta place compared to the W. u can get a high floor room and get a nice view. W has a decent bar scene and the rooms are a bit smaller, but more to my taste. upgrades are hit and miss. seems like every 3rd stay i get an upgrade to a suite
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:13 am

Parking

I will be staying here this coming weekend and was wondering what the current parking situation is. Are there any nearby garages that might be cheaper?

Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoyed LT Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by taylor23
I will be staying here this coming weekend and was wondering what the current parking situation is. Are there any nearby garages that might be cheaper?

Thanks
It's a little tight, but the Moscone Center garage is $25/day if I remember right. Also, the SF MOMA garage is $30/day though I'm not sure if they do overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.