Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Old May 10, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by gunit770
croatia seems to be the hot place to be according to leisure magazine
It's unreal. Go.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:53 am

is September still nice?

we're thinking of visiting here during September after we go to Italy. Would a ferry be the best way to get here or a train? Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CLEguy
It's unreal. Go.
Having spent a week there last summer, I completely agree! Great country.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spellbound2
we're thinking of visiting here during September after we go to Italy. Would a ferry be the best way to get here or a train? Thanks!
From where? You can take a ferry to Split from Italy or if you prefer you can also drive or take a bus? There are also daily flights from Venezia to Dubrovnik and they are quite reasonably priced.

September by the way is an excellent time to visit Croatia. Have a wonderful trip.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
http://www.croatiaferries.com/italy-ferries.htm

Ancona and Bari Italy have overnight ferries to Croatia.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
September by the way is an excellent time to visit Croatia.
Yep, that's when I was there. Beautiful.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:55 am

great to hear you like this property

have any of you been to other locations in Croatia? Or Slovenia? We may consider adding Slovenia if anyone recommends it or another couple of towns in Croatia. thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
have any of you been to other locations in Croatia? Or Slovenia? We may consider adding Slovenia if anyone recommends it or another couple of towns in Croatia. thanks!
I am in Hvar now after visiting this excellent Starwood hotel for a few days. Next is the Hilton Dubrovnik and we will drive down to Montenegro too which is beautiful. And we will be back here at the LM once more before driving up to Zagreb. I could not imagine making this trip without a car though. It's bad enough the time wasted dealing with boats. No buses for me!

Slovenia is also wonderful with lots to see and do, but I've been there many times
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Zadar is quite popular, Rovinj is beautiful, Pirano is nice, Dubrovnik, and then Bled and Ljubljana in SI
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Korcula is quite nice - can be a nice drive up from Dubrovnik
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:02 am

I highly recommend the Hotel Excelsior in Dubrovnik, a lot of times it's cheaper than the Hilton and much nicer.

Also a trip to Plitvice Lakes as well, must see.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I spent a few days in Split, then took the bus down to Dubrovnik. I used Dubrovnik as a base camp for day trips to Montenegro and Bosnia. Absolutely loved Croatia and the surrounding areas.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Plat; OneWorld Emerald; *A Gold
Anyone been there recently that knows how much the taxi is from the airport to the hotel? They emailed me and offered a transfer for €55, which seems excessive.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by LPC6
Anyone been there recently that knows how much the taxi is from the airport to the hotel? They emailed me and offered a transfer for €55, which seems excessive.
If I'm remembering correctly, I think our taxi from the hotel to the airport was in the 200-250 kuna range, $35-$45, but it was very early in the morning with no traffic.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat; OneWorld Emerald; *A Gold
Originally Posted by CLEguy
If I'm remembering correctly, I think our taxi from the hotel to the airport was in the 200-250 kuna range, $35-$45, but it was very early in the morning with no traffic.
Thanks, that seems a lot more reasonable. I'm arriving pretty late, so should hope for about the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.