Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
Although not technically a restaurant you'll also be within walking distance of Calgary's only Caffe Artigiano location at 332 - 6th Avenue SW (its actually facing 3 Street between 5th and 6th Ave). Great coffee and awesome breakfast panninis!
Old May 19, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: AC E, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA basic
Just wanted to echo the recommendation for Joey's, which is a nice trendy chain restaurant in Eau Claire Market.

Recently returned from an award stay at the Sheraton Eau Claire, and I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times now (one as a plain Joe, and recently as an SPG Plat). This is clearly Downtown Calgary's best hotel. The suites are good-sized and well-kept, but most importantly, the staff treats everyone as a Platinum; not just those with SPG status. That level of service is fantastic to see.

Because of this, my recent award stay got upgraded to only a standard Club Floor Suite, which is pretty much the same size as a Standard Suite but with nicer furnishings. That said, the Club Floor Lounge is indeed good, and their breakfast service had decent hot items too (waffles, bacon). So this Platinum perk was nice. But as for the rooms themselves, they're all pretty good, so an upgrade doesn't really add much.

I've never stayed at the Sheraton Cavalier in NE Calgary, but I've driven by it often, and it seems to be well-kept. You'll likely need a car, though -- the C-Train station is less than a mile away, but it's through a busy commercial-industrial zone.
Old May 23, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott-Lifetime Titanium
Eau Claire Club lounge

Does anyone know if the club lounge at the Eau Claire is open on weekends? I am a Plat and booked 4 nights for a wedding in September; the first night I booked (paid for) a 2 bedroom suite and the remaining nights I used my free weekend nights (hoping to stay in the suite for the whole time Any comments regarding Plat treatment is appreciated. Thanks mf
Old May 23, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mf66
Does anyone know if the club lounge at the Eau Claire is open on weekends? I am a Plat and booked 4 nights for a wedding in September; the first night I booked (paid for) a 2 bedroom suite and the remaining nights I used my free weekend nights (hoping to stay in the suite for the whole time Any comments regarding Plat treatment is appreciated. Thanks mf

Yes, the Club Lounge is open on weekends, the offerings are great and thetreatment of all guests is really great. It's all suites, so you do not need to book a suite--they'll give you one always!!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
FYI, the Club lounge at the Sheraton Cavalier is now closed on weekends, but the front desk does give $13 CAD vouchers to Colours Cafe (just off the lobby). They provided four separate vouchers for myself, Mrs. Singlepoint and the two little Singlepoints. Overall, it's not a bad deal :-)

Cheers,

Singlepoint
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Aeroplan, RBC Avion
Originally Posted by Singlepoint
FYI, the Club lounge at the Sheraton Cavalier is now closed on weekends, but the front desk does give $13 CAD vouchers to Colours Cafe (just off the lobby). They provided four separate vouchers for myself, Mrs. Singlepoint and the two little Singlepoints. Overall, it's not a bad deal :-)

Cheers,

Singlepoint
I just wanted to post how excellent the Sheraton Eau Claire is after staying here again recently. The club lounge is fantastic and open on weekdays and evenings. The only flaw from what I hear is the cost/availability of valet parking, but since the lot accross the street is very inexpensive, its never an issue for me.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 100K, QF Gold, SPG Platinum 100, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Link @ Sheraton Printer - So Slow

I needed to print a large document (150 pages, printing 2 up so really 75 physical pages) and the printer that is available in Link@Sheraton in the lobby is so slow.... Seriously my Image Writter 2 I had in 1985 on my Apple ][c is faster. It is spitting out pages of 1 every 70 seconds... Something needs to be done about this dreadful thing..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by WannaFlyJ
I needed to print a large document (150 pages, printing 2 up so really 75 physical pages) and the printer that is available in Link@Sheraton in the lobby is so slow.... Seriously my Image Writter 2 I had in 1985 on my Apple ][c is faster. It is spitting out pages of 1 every 70 seconds... Something needs to be done about this dreadful thing..
Oh c'mon now. Complaining about a hotel's printing capacity? Surely if this was so important - not to mention the large volume - it would be prudent to take such a large job to a nearby business centre.

My view anyway.

Cheers,
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
But, but.... that doesn't meet the Flewsonomics™ model.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
But, but.... that doesn't meet the Flewsonomics™ model.
Au contraire, my good sir. The whole underlying philosphy of Flewsonomics™ is good ol' common sense.

Cheers,
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by milhouse7
since the lot accross the street is very inexpensive, its never an issue for me.
How much is the parking lot (no information on parkopedia.com)? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth renting a car or not.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jul 17, 2011 at 1:50 pm
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP - Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
How much is the parking lot (no information on parkopedia.com)? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth renting a car or not.
If you're speaking of the lot across from the Eau Claire, I'm not sure anyone can overnight park. I think this is standard in most cities, no ?

Can anyone confirm/refute as the valet option is $30-35/night ?

Singlepoint
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Singlepoint
I'm not sure anyone can overnight park. I think this is standard in most cities, no ?
Lots of cities have overnight parking, particularly on weekends.

But with Calgary having the most expensive rental cars I've ever seen, and with everything we want to see within a 40 minute walk, I think we'll just skip it.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reports on this property and how they treat plats?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Sheraton Eau Claire treats platinums well. I was upgraded to a suite and there is a club lounge there. The hotel is in downtown Calgary whereas the Cavalier is not. I will usually stay at the Sheraton Eau Claire or the Westin Calgary however the Westin has not treated me well the past few times I've stayed there and I probably stayed there at least 6-10 times last year. Sheraton Eau Claire is my first choice for a Starwood property in Calgary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.