Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Philadelphia, PA

Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by diburning
Has anyone stayed at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown recently? I found the other thread, but the last post was in 2017. Here's my situation.

I was looking into booking this hotel for a convention a few months from now. Marriott's rate was $139/night for advance purchase. The negotiated convention rate was $121/night, and I was about to book the advance purchase rate when I saw that a well known OTA had a "seasonal deal" of $88/night. So, I booked through the OTA. What are my odds that I'll get walked? I booked a regular king room. I understand that it's a non-commissionable rate, so I won't get any points, but will I be able to add my Bonvoy number when I check it, to get free wifi? The OTA does not give me the Bonvoy confirmation.
What makes you think there's a probability of getting walked? Just the fact that you booked through an OTA?

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm at the Ritz now and I am extremely disappointed with the management and service. I would strongly advise against staying here.
Agreed, the RC in Philly is very bleh. This is also reflected in its 3.9 rating on the Marriott website which is very low.

Honestly, for luxury stays in Philly (which itself sounds like a bit of an oxymoron) the 4S is probably the better of the options available.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by cmd320
What makes you think there's a probability of getting walked? Just the fact that you booked through an OTA?
It's moot now because I was able to cancel because of the pandemic (The convention was cancelled and the hotel was closed for six months). But yes, I was thinking that my chances of getting walked might have been a bit higher since I booked through an OTA, had a really low rate, have no status, during a convention that fully booked out all the hotels downtown. (They wouldn't even know I'm a Bonvoy general member until I provide them the number at check in).
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by cmd320

Agreed, the RC in Philly is very bleh. This is also reflected in its 3.9 rating on the Marriott website which is very low.

Honestly, for luxury stays in Philly (which itself sounds like a bit of an oxymoron) the 4S is probably the better of the options available.
Right before Covid hit, we had a wonderful stay at The Rittenhouse Hotel. The service was great, including car service around town, and the on-site restaurant Lacroix was top-notch for both breakfast and dinner.

The RC in Philly has never tempted me, even for a points stay. While not "bad", I just don't like the location.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
The Logan Hotel, the former Four Seasons Property, is also a very nice hotel. It is now part of the Hilton Curio collection. Ritz Carlton has a great bar. Other than that, nothing worthy of mention.

--Jon
Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Any of the Marriotts downtown serving any sort of real breakfast currently?
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Did a night with two rooms myself plus another 2 rooms for friends at Le Meridien Philly. Checking in while we got no upgrades as we knew the hotel was near booked entirely they wrote 12PM checkout on our cards even though the app says 4PM is confirmed then said "4PM Is not confirmed." No breakfast, No restaurant, Bar is only open till 10PM. To top it off, they never mentioned the fact that 50% of the building basically has no A/C right now due to cooling units being under service. So two of our rooms had no A/C, thankfully they offered to comp them when we said what's going on. I guess they figured if they mentioned that on a 95F weekend they had no A/C we'd have booked elsewhere.

Overall, probably my worst Marriott branded experience.

PS, It's funny how they still have "STARWOOD" signs across the building.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by cubeman
Did a night with two rooms myself plus another 2 rooms for friends at Le Meridien Philly. Checking in while we got no upgrades as we knew the hotel was near booked entirely they wrote 12PM checkout on our cards even though the app says 4PM is confirmed then said "4PM Is not confirmed." No breakfast, No restaurant, Bar is only open till 10PM. To top it off, they never mentioned the fact that 50% of the building basically has no A/C right now due to cooling units being under service. So two of our rooms had no A/C, thankfully they offered to comp them when we said what's going on. I guess they figured if they mentioned that on a 95F weekend they had no A/C we'd have booked elsewhere.

Overall, probably my worst Marriott branded experience.

PS, It's funny how they still have "STARWOOD" signs across the building.
Yeah this particular Le Meridien is very unimpressive. A lot of their rooms ae awful, the staff leave a lot to be desired and it seems now they have stopped allowing Bonvoy members to use points to book. This is a hotel I would definitely not recommend. Oh and their pillows are terrible too.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Staying downtown Philly for a business trip early next month, equidistant from the Renaissance and Old City Marriott. Anyone stay in either location and have a preference for available F&B offerings, open Fitness Center, and other services? Or alternative in that area? The "What to Expect" listing for both hotels isn't clear on what to expect (as a Titanium). Also, would you burn SNAs at either location? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Trying to use my Chase Free Night certificate in PHL, so looking at hotels under 35k points. Anyone have a specific recommendation between Residence Inn City Center, Aloft, or Element.

All three are right in City Center area, so location is about the same. Leaning towards Aloft based it being a relatively new hotel and has good reviews overall.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:37 am

I have a trip coming up to Philadelphia in June. I'm considering the following hotels:

W - Looks very interesting. Iffy reviews but maybe just because it's new?
The Notary - I've had good experiences with Autograph collection.
Renaissance - Stayed here pre-pandemic and pre-status. I thought it was solid but nothing special. It's the closest to my work site and makes a nice walk.

I'm Titanium and will be near the federal courthouse. Government travel so all the same price.
I stayed at the RC a couple months ago and was very underwhelmed.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I used to stay at the Notary regularly when it was still a a Courtyard. Property was very solid at the time and generous with elite recognition/upgrades. Imagine it will still be good under its new incantation as an Autograph Collection. Hopefully others with more recent experience can comment on it.

You didn't ask, but the Marriott Convention Center (just behind The Notary) is your typical mega convention hotel. It was okay but nothing special. Hit or miss on elite recognition.

--Jon
Old May 12, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LegRoomPlz
Renaissance - Stayed here pre-pandemic and pre-status. I thought it was solid but nothing special. It's the closest to my work site and makes a nice walk.
My April 22 stay at the Renaissance was pleasant enough, if not especially luxurious - detailed in final post: Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown, PA [Master Thread]
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Hotels that can do really early check ins.

Anyone had any success with checking in really early at a Philly Marriott hotel?

Im arriving from a red eye at 6am and Im a Titanium member. Im hoping one of the Hotels would be generous with check in.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Anyone had any success with checking in really early at a Philly Marriott hotel?

I’m arriving from a red eye at 6am and I’m a Titanium member. I’m hoping one of the Hotels would be generous with check in.
Probably not likely. Just not that culturally common in the U.S. Exception would be if you have some sort of very unique negotiated corporate rate. Next best bet would be to actually call properties and ask - you'd want to have this agreed to in advance.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I used to stay at the Notary regularly when it was still a a Courtyard. Property was very solid at the time and generous with elite recognition/upgrades. Imagine it will still be good under its new incantation as an Autograph Collection. Hopefully others with more recent experience can comment on it.

You didn't ask, but the Marriott Convention Center (just behind The Notary) is your typical mega convention hotel. It was okay but nothing special. Hit or miss on elite recognition.

--Jon
Forgot to reply earlier but I did end up staying at the Notary. I was "upgraded" to a room with a nice view of City Hall which might be a legit upgrade there, but it didn't appear to be a suite or a special room outside of the view. However it was still a very nice room and the bed was comfortable. Good chance I will return next time I'm in Philly.

The hotel restaurant was decent but it needs to figure out what the hell it is. It's not Spanish, as much as it tries to pretend it is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.