Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:52 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Stayed here recently on an 18-hour layover in Dubai.

Not the obvious location for a short stop since there are many closer options to the airport, but was traveling with my husband who had never been to Dubai before and he wanted the whirlwind tour. I figured we wouldn't otherwise get down to the Marina area so staying here was a good way to make sure he saw the whole place on the ride in and out.

Used an SNA to confirm an upgrade to the suite and was able to book the roundtrip airport transfers for free. First agent I spoke to wanted to charge me but I politely pushed back and they agreed.

Booked in Tower 1 but was given an upgrade to Tower 2 without asking, perhaps because of the SNA use or the short duration of our stay.

Unfortunately it was a holiday in Dubai so the hotel was not serving alcohol, including at the Club lounge. Afternoon food spread at the lounge was pretty impressive with a range of savory and sweet, but evening spread was underwhelming and nowhere near meal replacement -- not sure if they put out a limited food spread because there was no booze. I suspect the lounge would normally be a lot busier when alcohol was on offer. It's a huge lounge, feels more like an airline's home hub airport business class lounge than any other hotel lounge I've ever seen.

Departed too early to check out breakfast.

Room was nicely appointed. On the small side for a full suite but with an extra half bath, which is always a useful feature. Toiletries are Bulgari. Nespresso machine and lots of complimentary bottled water included.

Room service and restaurants are expensive (main courses start around 25-30 USD), but similar to what you would pay at most decent Dubai hotels.

Metro is close enough in winter, 10-15 minute walk, but would be a very sweaty walk during the summer.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:16 am

One night short stay

Currently staying here. Great property, they have shuttle to Royal Meridien every 15 minutes for beach access.

booked standard room, got upgraded to premier junior suite. Lounge is awesome.

In terms of airport transfer, didn't ask and the hotel associate did not proactively offer. Personally don't think this is a big deal, taxi in Dubai is pretty cheap
Old May 14, 2017, 1:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
After reporting a really good stay as my one week as SPG Gold earlier this year, I was wondering how they treat Platinums. Answer: pretty terribly.

To be fair, I think I had some bad luck. I was recorded as Gold on their system, and when I corrected the agent (after seeing my room key holder) I was told that I wouldn't get a different room as I'd already been upgraded from the Deluxe that I booked.

I don't often say this, but the room was pretty bad and clearly not their "best available" room, especially bearing in mind a Gold friend of mine got upgraded to a Deluxe Suite. There are also some odd inconsistencies - I got walked to my room as a Gold, but not as a Platinum which just seems a bit odd.

The room was a low floor with no view, seemed to be older/ lower quality than the room I'd previously had with Gold and seemed like it might have been out of action for a while. The bed smelled really unpleasant, the scale was broken, the iron didn't work, the razor charger didn't work and the Internet was sporadic.

I mentioned at check-out that I was pretty disappointed and did briefly speak to the Duty Manager who offered to comp me a ride to the airport, but as I wasn't going to the airport it wasn't too much use. Given GH's brand and price I'd ideally expect a written follow-up given the issues I've raised, but let's see. If not, this hotel is going on my blacklist.

I wanted a bit of Dubai bling, but the Le Meridien at the airport has fantastic service for Platinums and is less than 1/2 the cost or as a compromise the Sheraton Grand and W both seem to offer near guaranteed upgrades to a large suite.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; May 14, 2017 at 1:56 am
Old May 14, 2017, 3:40 am
LSL

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
After reporting a really good stay as my one week as SPG Gold earlier this year, I was wondering how they treat Platinums. Answer: pretty terribly.

To be fair, I think I had some bad luck. I was recorded as Gold on their system, and when I corrected the agent (after seeing my room key holder) I was told that I wouldn't get a different room as I'd already been upgraded from the Deluxe that I booked.

I don't often say this, but the room was pretty bad and clearly not their "best available" room, especially bearing in mind a Gold friend of mine got upgraded to a Deluxe Suite. There are also some odd inconsistencies - I got walked to my room as a Gold, but not as a Platinum which just seems a bit odd.

The room was a low floor with no view, seemed to be older/ lower quality than the room I'd previously had with Gold and seemed like it might have been out of action for a while. The bed smelled really unpleasant, the scale was broken, the iron didn't work, the razor charger didn't work and the Internet was sporadic.

I mentioned at check-out that I was pretty disappointed and did briefly speak to the Duty Manager who offered to comp me a ride to the airport, but as I wasn't going to the airport it wasn't too much use. Given GH's brand and price I'd ideally expect a written follow-up given the issues I've raised, but let's see. If not, this hotel is going on my blacklist.

I wanted a bit of Dubai bling, but the Le Meridien at the airport has fantastic service for Platinums and is less than 1/2 the cost or as a compromise the Sheraton Grand and W both seem to offer near guaranteed upgrades to a large suite.
I checked out 3 days ago and I have to agree with you on the Plat treatment. Check-in was a shitshow. I was brought over to the couches, handed them my passport, they came back after 10 mins and took my CC deposit and then 5 minutes later they gave me my keys and said my room was ready. No mention of Plat benefits, breakfast times, facilities, room type or anything. Although, I did receive an upgrade to a deluxe suite in tower 1 which was nice.

I was looking forward to the lounge as plenty of people were saying it was amazing, but I found it rather disappointing. I was in Asia for 6 months before UAE and the GH lounge was worse then many of the lounges in Vietnam, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan etc. The food offerings were not that great.

I also didn't receive the transfer included as a deluxe suite amenity as others have mentioned. They didn't offer and I didn't feel like arguing about it.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have gotten flak for criticizing this property, but again overall we found the quality subpar (I think I used shabby when I got criticized). Service was good but rooms showed a lot of wear and had issues w tours we booked through concierge charging more than the agreed upon amount. So yes inconsistency in service offered. We also did like having to run across a street to gt to beach. I would try a different property next time in dubai.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:45 am

In Tower One from 10 June swimming pool will be closed, construction works.
Available swimming pools at Tower Two or LRM.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any info on Platinum benefits at this property... do the hotel upgrade Plats to a Suite?

Is there a lounge and do we get lounge access?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I am staying in this property right now and last year I had around 7 stays as well, been always upgraded to a Suite. Initially it was to Junior suites, right now on every stay I get upgraded to Premier Executive Suite which is their highest room category apart from speciality suites. Ask for upgrade to tower 2 (premier suites) as it's the newer one and the rooms are better.

The lounge is really outstanding, feels a lot more like a RC club than what you usually get at Sheratons etc. with 3 food presentations daily and actual open bar where they will mix for you anything you want from 6 to 8pm. As Platinum you have access included, for breakfast you can also go to Sloanes restaurant in Tower 1 which offers very impressive selection (bigger than the lounge one) and will also be included by default (apart from the points amenity).

Overall really amazing property with great platinum recognition, my Y24 requests have also always been approved. There is also the 20% discount in restaurants for SPG members.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does this hotel typically upgrade Plats to Suites?

I have a toss up between the Park Hyatt and this... I can use a confirmed Suite upgrade at Park Hyatt
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:30 pm

Just now in this property, check-in 11am and hotel was full because starts holidays in Oman. I receive upgrade to Premier Suite 10th floor in Tower Two.
Changes here from my last stay here (Aug'17) they exchange old Samsung 42' TV to new LG 50' or 55' TV and it looks like they have new TV STB software running quicker and you can stream media from mobile phones to TV.
Sloanes breakfast is reduced, I don't see cake/sweet station as in the past, now only croissant and danish ;( . New wooden sunbeds, sun umbrellas on swimming pool Tower One, changed way which you enter to this pool.
Late check-out confirmed w/o any problems.

@ navatwal : if you will not in hot season, you can have upgrade to junior suite. Safe Hyatt certificate to different holidays.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:12 am

I am staying in exactly a months time.

Does anybody have an updated email to contact the hotel?

Originally Posted by HHQX888
Just now in this property, check-in 11am and hotel was full because starts holidays in Oman. I receive upgrade to Premier Suite 10th floor in Tower Two.
Changes here from my last stay here (Aug'17) they exchange old Samsung 42' TV to new LG 50' or 55' TV and it looks like they have new TV STB software running quicker and you can stream media from mobile phones to TV.
Sloanes breakfast is reduced, I don't see cake/sweet station as in the past, now only croissant and danish ;( . New wooden sunbeds, sun umbrellas on swimming pool Tower One, changed way which you enter to this pool.
Late check-out confirmed w/o any problems.

@ navatwal : if you will not in hot season, you can have upgrade to junior suite. Safe Hyatt certificate to different holidays.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:05 pm

Looking to book a reservation here for two rooms.

Do Plats get lounge access regardless of tower or room booked?

in regards to upgrade what’s the odds of getting an upgrade to the Grosvenor Suite?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by navatwal
Looking to book a reservation here for two rooms.

Do Plats get lounge access regardless of tower or room booked?

in regards to upgrade what’s the odds of getting an upgrade to the Grosvenor Suite?
Yes, you will get lounge access regardless of where you book.

Grosvenor Suite upgrade is extremely unlikely as there are just two of them in the hotel and they are nearly always occuppied, but you are likely to get upgraded to the two bedroom apartments which are also very modern, spacious and just as nice as the suites (only downside is that there are no carpets on the floor) with much better views as they are located on higher floors of the hotel.

Always go for Tower 2 if possible as it’s the newer one with much easier access to lounge.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:17 am

Thanks for the info.... I am booking two rooms at this property and wanted to make sure both rooms got access to the Club, it sounds like you do therefore I will go ahead and book.

Originally Posted by porkie
Yes, you will get lounge access regardless of where you book.

Grosvenor Suite upgrade is extremely unlikely as there are just two of them in the hotel and they are nearly always occuppied, but you are likely to get upgraded to the two bedroom apartments which are also very modern, spacious and just as nice as the suites (only downside is that there are no carpets on the floor) with much better views as they are located on higher floors of the hotel.

Always go for Tower 2 if possible as it’s the newer one with much easier access to lounge.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Thanks for the info.... I am booking two rooms at this property and wanted to make sure both rooms got access to the Club, it sounds like you do therefore I will go ahead and book.
hymm, no this is not working this way. I think you have 80% lucky that second room will have lounge access, for me this is not works as Tower Two always have access to lounge, you have different card to access 'Level 5' you can have room/apartment in Tower Two w/o key-card to lounge.
I think you can receive Junior Suite or Premier Suite and Deluxe room or have apartment with two bedrooms if you will ask. I was twice with my family and book for once room with lounge access, second one two deluxe rooms was upgraded to Junior Suites and have lounge access.

I think porkie told that is easy way to lounge from Tower Two than from Tower One using lifts and bridge.

Last edited by HHQX888; Jan 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.