Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Checked in got ocean view tiny room as plat elite

Was staying at the Halekulani and thought we would do 3 nts at RH but with the construction at the Waikiki thought better of it and to go elsewhere. thought we would give the PK anohter chance and see if plat ws working
checked in got middle area ocean view . very tiny room had asked for corner large room on checkin said they were not ready yet.
Called down and asked for the larger room which after some negotiation we received. no one here has mentioned the horendous garbage collection at 5.25am each morning. we keep balcony door open but were woken all mornings at 5.25 banging and beeping went for about 15 mins then gone.all the hotels around there including the city view MS and the beachcomber would hear this even with windows shut on top floor it was deafening.
I usually stay ocean front MS or RH but as the Waikiki is jackhammering and banging while replacing iron balcony railings on top floors( I would hate to be at the Waikiki) the RH would be hearing it.
I could hear it even out in the waves!it should be on the website but I couldnt find it
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Resort Fee

I asked Bonvoy about resort fee at SPK.
Now the resort fee is $33 per day, and I wondered what was included in the resort fee at SPK.
Here is their reply.

Free High Speed Internet Access in guest rooms and public areas• Unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls• Unlimited long distance and international telephone calls• Two bottles of water in room per day• Children 12 and under eat free at Pikake Terrace with one paying adult (one child per paying adult)• Big Kahuna Beach Service - use of sand chair and fresh towels, whole fruit and water service provided three times daily between 11am and 3pm when seated in designated area on Waikiki Beach• Collections of Waikiki savings booklet Rental of GoPro Camera (ONE day per stay)• Highspeed WIFI on island (complimentary rental of 1 Mifi per room per stay)• Sea Life Park - Buy 1 get 1 free entrance Press Reader Access - Access to 5,000 newspapers and magazines in multi-language• $20.00 Gift Card to Reyn Spooner - Applicable towards Men and Women Apparel at Sheraton Waikiki• Discount at Moana Lani Spa - sister hotel on the beach, Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa• Aloha Beach Services Discounts - Beach ocean activities• Daily Cultural Activities

Hope this is helpful
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I asked Bonvoy about resort fee at SPK.
Now the resort fee is $33 per day, and I wondered what was included in the resort fee at SPK.
Here is their reply.

Free High Speed Internet Access in guest rooms and public areas• Unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls• Unlimited long distance and international telephone calls• Two bottles of water in room per day• Children 12 and under eat free at Pikake Terrace with one paying adult (one child per paying adult)• Big Kahuna Beach Service - use of sand chair and fresh towels, whole fruit and water service provided three times daily between 11am and 3pm when seated in designated area on Waikiki Beach• Collections of Waikiki savings booklet Rental of GoPro Camera (ONE day per stay)• Highspeed WIFI on island (complimentary rental of 1 Mifi per room per stay)• Sea Life Park - Buy 1 get 1 free entrance Press Reader Access - Access to 5,000 newspapers and magazines in multi-language• $20.00 Gift Card to Reyn Spooner - Applicable towards Men and Women Apparel at Sheraton Waikiki• Discount at Moana Lani Spa - sister hotel on the beach, Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa• Aloha Beach Services Discounts - Beach ocean activities• Daily Cultural Activities

Hope this is helpful
As my son said many years ago "gag me with a spoon"
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
6 month have passed. Has anyone have any updates on the property? How many more rooms have been renovated?

Im debating between the Sheraton Princess (location) and Ritz Carlton Residences (Rooms with kitchen). Will be staying on points for a week in June. Or should I consider any other properties?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by RedElmo
6 month have passed. Has anyone have any updates on the property? How many more rooms have been renovated?

Im debating between the Sheraton Princess (location) and Ritz Carlton Residences (Rooms with kitchen). Will be staying on points for a week in June. Or should I consider any other properties?
I hope you booked the Ritz: it’s going up a category as of tomorrow, March 4.

I also hope you have NOT booked the SPL: it’s going down a category as of tomorrow, March 4.

As for me, looks like I will do a split: two days at the Ritz and three days at SPK, all on points.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I hope you booked the Ritz: it’s going up a category as of tomorrow, March 4.

I also hope you have NOT booked the SPL: it’s going down a category as of tomorrow, March 4.

As for me, looks like I will do a split: two days at the Ritz and three days at SPK, all on points.

Oh thanks for the heads up
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Oh thanks for the heads up
am booking now Sheraton 200K for 5 nights Ritz 200K
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by edgewood49
am booking now Sheraton 200K for 5 nights Ritz 200K
This thread is about Sheraton Princess Kaiunai.

The Sheraton at Waikiki central is a different hotel.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
This thread is about Sheraton Princess Kaiunai.

The Sheraton at Waikiki central is a different hotel.
I understand that thank you was simply referring to the beachfront.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 1:41 pm

What is considered a good rate for this hotel? I found a rate of $196USD per night (incl. all the scam charges) for the standard 2 double beds (not renovated). Was thinking of applying SNAs to a five night reservation to get the tower suite.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 1:50 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by SkyElite
What is considered a good rate for this hotel? I found a rate of $196USD per night (incl. all the scam charges) for the standard 2 double beds (not renovated). Was thinking of applying SNAs to a five night reservation to get the tower suite.
I recall seeing rates around that level for off-peak-ish dates in pre-COVID times. It's hard to say what a good rate would be right now considering that most hotels are charging a lot less than they used to. The best point of comparison might be how that rate compares to other Waikiki options for your dates -- typically this hotel would be notably cheaper than the likes of the Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, and the other (nicer) Sheraton, although if a suite is a priority for you, you may have better luck with your SNAs here.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
I recall seeing rates around that level for off-peak-ish dates in pre-COVID times. It's hard to say what a good rate would be right now considering that most hotels are charging a lot less than they used to. The best point of comparison might be how that rate compares to other Waikiki options for your dates -- typically this hotel would be notably cheaper than the likes of the Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, and the other (nicer) Sheraton, although if a suite is a priority for you, you may have better luck with your SNAs here.
Thanks! I'm booking for Feb2021.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
That is the all in rate in mid-November when Waikiki is expected to be a ghost town - so that is probably the hotel's floor on price.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: Yes
I don’t think the Sheraton Princess has suites. The Sheraton Waikiki does have suites.

They don’t even list suites in their room categories.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...cess-kaiulani/

Last edited by anteater; Oct 15, 2020 at 4:53 am
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by damnyourefine
I don’t think the Sheraton Princess has suites. The Sheraton Waikiki does have suites.

I remember staying here for one night back in 2014 in a junior suite.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24047742-post294.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.