Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, Waikiki/Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by clublounger
It's Waikiki Beach. You cross the street, circle the Moana, put down your towel, sit. Everyone is welcome.
I understand that Waikiki is a public beach, but I thought there were beach chairs for hotel guests.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I understand that Waikiki is a public beach, but I thought there were beach chairs for hotel guests.
http://www.princess-kaiulani.com/pro...ties/beachpool

"Sheraton Princess Kaiulani proudly offers their guests their very own "Big Kahuna Beach Service" for those who choose to spend the day at Waikiki Beach. Simply stop by the pool attendant's desk and pickup our complimentary beach chairs and towels. Our complimentary beach chairs are a first come first serve basis. Once you're on the beach, our beach attendants will service the designated area fronting the Duke Kahanamoku statue with fresh whole fruits, bottled water, fresh towels, and chilled Oshibori towels. Sun products and beach toys are also available at our pool desk for a nominal fee.

Big Kahuna Beach Service Hours: Twice daily between 10am - 2pm

*Subject to change at any time without notice"
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
http://www.princess-kaiulani.com/pro...ties/beachpool

"Sheraton Princess Kaiulani proudly offers their guests their very own "Big Kahuna Beach Service" for those who choose to spend the day at Waikiki Beach. Simply stop by the pool attendant's desk and pickup our complimentary beach chairs and towels. Our complimentary beach chairs are a first come first serve basis. Once you're on the beach, our beach attendants will service the designated area fronting the Duke Kahanamoku statue with fresh whole fruits, bottled water, fresh towels, and chilled Oshibori towels. Sun products and beach toys are also available at our pool desk for a nominal fee.

Big Kahuna Beach Service Hours: Twice daily between 10am - 2pm

*Subject to change at any time without notice"
To clarify, how does the hotel identify guest who get the chairs and service? I assume they're not providing services to anyone who walks up.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
To clarify, how does the hotel identify guest who get the chairs and service? I assume they're not providing services to anyone who walks up.
Room Key/Room Number/Name of Reservation seems like how they would do it.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
It sounds like you need to be in the "designated area" with the hotel's beach chair and/or towel. That should be enough to identify you.

Myself? Sticking to that spot for the chance of a piece of fruit and water doesn't appeal. Others may disagree.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by clublounger
It sounds like you need to be in the "designated area" with the hotel's beach chair and/or towel. That should be enough to identify you.

Myself? Sticking to that spot for the chance of a piece of fruit and water doesn't appeal. Others may disagree.
I don't care about the fruit or drinks - just about the chairs. I'm planning on staying at the hotel, and I have a friend who lives in HNL. I'm wondering if I can invite her to hang out with me when I'm lounging on the beach.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I don't care about the fruit or drinks - just about the chairs. I'm planning on staying at the hotel, and I have a friend who lives in HNL. I'm wondering if I can invite her to hang out with me when I'm lounging on the beach.
Are we reading this differently? Simply stop by the pool attendant's desk and pickup our complimentary beach chairs and towels. Our complimentary beach chairs are a first come first serve basis.

You pick up the chairs and/or towels at the pool, then drag them anywhere you'd like. Plenty of towels available, chairs are limited.

If you choose to be confined to their "designated area", you can set your chair up there. If you'd like to go somewhere else, no problem.

Your "friend situation" depends on whether you've got someone else with you. I imagine you can only get as many chairs as people registered to your room. If it's just you and your HNL friend, then grab two chairs, if available, and enjoy anywhere on the beach, including the "designated area".

That's how I read it.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:23 am

Im SPG PLT & Hilton G, now still consider Sheraton Princess Kaiulani or Hilton Waikiki Beach for my holiday on NOV, may I know isn't HWB is much more better than SPK? also how about the buffet breakfast compare with each other?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Stayed here for one night. We were upgraded to a suite on the top floor (29). It was more like of a junior suite. The room was not clean, it had bugs flying all over the place (my wife got a couple of bites which is still itching).

It was a very short stay really, so I can't give an overall assessment of the hotel. They had a huge gingerbread city in the lobby.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Man, after all these years this property is still around?! Is it still the same tired piece of crud that it was 10 years ago?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Man, after all these years this property is still around?! Is it still the same tired piece of crud that it was 10 years ago?
The owners have a major plan to demolish it and replace it, but it keeps getting postponed. Probably why the hotel isn't getting the upkeep it might.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s....html?page=all
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/b...roject-to.html
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by James Luckard
The owners have a major plan to demolish it and replace it, but it keeps getting postponed. Probably why the hotel isn't getting the upkeep it might.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s....html?page=all
http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/b...roject-to.html
Ha! Interesting. Thanks for the links. That property is just so sad.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
so booking a room for my bro as a gold...but for like 2 weeks..any chance we get upgraded? should I expect any good things like meal coupons(since there is no club)....I was considering trying to reach platinum before the stay..
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bitachu
so booking a room for my bro as a gold...but for like 2 weeks..any chance we get upgraded?
As a Gold? You chances are as close to zero as you can get. Even as a Platinum, it's tough to score a really good upgrade on a two-week stay.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
As a Gold? You chances are as close to zero as you can get. Even as a Platinum, it's tough to score a really good upgrade on a two-week stay.
How about as Plat ..would I get food coupons? I'm only 5 nights away from plat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.