Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Any recent stays here from anyone?
I understand no breakfasts are offered for platinums... What do they offer for plats then?

Thanks in advance!!
I was there in July, it was fully booked but managed to receive an executive room upgrade and free wifi as a plat.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BKKboy
free wifi as a plat.
I believe wifi is free for all guests.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mario33
I believe wifi is free for all guests.
Yes it is.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:47 am

Thanks all. So in summary, the only confirm-able perk for Plats at this hotel is the internet.........
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Thanks all. So in summary, the only confirm-able perk for Plats at this hotel is the internet.........
That's the only confirmable perk for just about any Meridien.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
That's the only confirmable perk for just about any Meridien.
Not if most of your trips are in Asia... (just came back from Le Meridien Khao Lak and Plaza Athene a Royal Meridien Hotel where there are more confirm-able perks).
Old Dec 27, 2010, 12:38 am

That's why I didn't say all Meridiens.

For example, Meridien HKG offers free full buffet in the lounge, free 'fairly' extensive booze in their lounge, 50% discounts to their restos, etc, etc.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Air France, Lufthansa, Continental Air
This is my favorite Le Meridien property. I stayed here in March 2010 as a Gold. I booked two basic rooms and both my rooms were upgraded-one to a more deluxe room and the other to a huge corner room with views of the opera house and the palace. The free wifi was great (and really should be provided by all properties) and we so appreciated the free mini bar. I loved the bathroom with the stand alone tub and the walk in shower. The room was very comfortable and quiet-got perhaps the best sleep of my two week European vacation here. I was concerned because of reviews I'd read comparing this property to a W hotel (after poor treatment at the W Union Square, I refuse to stay in W's). There was no reason to be concerned. The employees at this property were warm, kind, and bent over backwards to help me. The concierge kindly looked over my train tickets and noticed we didn't have a reserved seat and took care of it for me. We'd bought a picnic for our long train trip to Prague and at the last minute my husband remembered he needed a bottle opener for his beer. He asked the staff if he could buy the one in the room-and the very generously told him just to take it. This property was within walking distance to so many beautiful sights-and the metro in Vienna is wonderful. I would be very fortunate to return to this property.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Hotel is on the nice spot, just across the Opera. Rooms are modern, very clean and comfort. Everything was perfect.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
I really like the hotel, very clean, modern and just "trendy". The bar is very nice as well and breakfast is outstanding!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by flightjunk
breakfast is outstanding!
Have to second that. The breakfast is wonderful but not cheap. In September 2010 it was 29€ or 3000 Points.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by caspritz78
Have to second that. The breakfast is wonderful but not cheap. In September 2010 it was 29€ or 3000 Points.
Yes, that's true, it is not cheap. It is still EUR 29.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I am not as impressed as others by this property. I just completed my second stay there, and my recommendation remains to stay at the Hotel Imperial instead, especially for plats.

On check-in, there was no plat recognition. Still, when I was handed the room keycard, I asked if it was upgraded and was told yes, to "a nice executive room", which, according to the room plan on the door, turned out to be one of the smaller rooms in the hotel. Not sure what being in an executive room entails in the absence of an exec lounge. Unfortunately I was not told if standard suites were sold out or were available but denied as sometimes is the case. As often mentioned by others, better starwood hotels would have said "We are sorry there are no standard suites available, but we managed to put you in an xxx room, which happens to be the best available one today".

As all others who stayed there have noted, it is not possible to take a shower without flooding the whole bathroom. Putting a towel on the floor is one way to help, but this is made difficult by the fact that there are no extra towels beyond the bare minimum placed in the rooms. In the same context, none of the shower amenities were replaced until totally exhausted.

On a lesser note, in better starwood check-in experiences, the clerk also asks which newspaper the guest would like to receive. This did not happen in this case. Further, the first morning (Wednesday) no newspaper was delivered, but one appeared on the second morning.

While most staff were absolutely wonderful and pleasant, the checkout agent seemed quite annoyed and averse to smiling… perhaps he was just having a bad day… I asked him if the current SPG promotion required payment by MC. He insisted there were no promotions running at this time (thereby denying the existence of SPG great weeks altogether)!!

Still, the hotel has its merits due to some fine staff and a good location. The "cheaper" breakfast option at Le Moet was very good. If priced economically, I would recommend it, but only for non-Plats. Otherwise I would recommend the Imperial.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:02 pm

Perhaps they were sold out as they tend to be?

I was there twice last year and Plat recognition was superb, both times.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Perhaps they were sold out as they tend to be?

I was there twice last year and Plat recognition was superb, both times.
This may very well be the case, but then they should not pretend that they are indeed giving the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.