Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Wink Bliss Report

Well, well, well

I had an opportunity to stay at the wonderful W Montreal for several nights over Near Year's 2008. The experience was amazing. The service was impeccable, surpassing some of the Ritz, Four Seasons, and St Regis I'd stayed. ^

Before arrival, I received an email from the "hotel experience ambassador" (not the standard email, but a personal email from her) welcoming me to the hotel. She recognized my Platinum status, offered assistance and asked if there was anything I wanted ^ Well, I told her we were celebrating a special occasion and since it's going to be a NYE stay, we'd prefer some privacy.

Check-in
The moment I walked into the beautiful lobby, every staff greeted me with a warm smile and offered assistance. I took off my gloves, 180s, scarf, breathing in warm air and the check in agent first annouced my upgrade...wait... wait....*drum roll please*

"Mr. BlissWorld, we have upgrade you to our WOW Suite"

*jaws on the floor* she offered my platinum amenity, told me I'd love the suite, the sent me to my WOW suite on the 10th floor.

Suite
The WOW suite was basically a bi-level loft suite with 20 ft floor to ceiling windows. The view was pretty good, of square victoria and adjacent towers. Upon entry, I found a gigantic sofa in the middle of the living room (the size of a queen size bed) with pillows scattered around. There were a half bath, mini bar area, extra dressers, long desk, 42" plasma tv on the wall, bang and olufsen stereo system, and a large balcony with a nice view.

When I looked up, I found the bedroom loft area. A nice bathroom was situated at one corner with see-through shower walls and vanity. The rainfall shower was a nice touch. The other corner resided the W classic bed with lovely illuminated nightstands. And, there was another large LCD TV hanging from the ceiling. It was adjustable to face the bed, bathroom, or downstairs living room. A modern illuminated staircase connects both areas. It was fantastic.

The blinds were fully automated with a remote control. a touch of a button controls the various pieces of the window.

Room Service
This is where it got even better. The first night we wanted to order some room service. However, we didn't particular find the items on the menu to be interesting. We called Whatever/whenever to see if we could order from the in house restaurant, Otto. Whatever/whenever agent offered with enthusiasm and read me the menu. I asked if they had any seafood dishes with risotto. She told me the only dish they had with lobster, clams, and mussels was the linguine. I told her I wish it was risotto instead of linguine. She put me on hold. When she came back, she said she asked the chef and the chef would create the dish with risotto just for me! ^ ^ ^ Now, that's Whatever/whenever!!!!

Then, the next day, we decided to have an impromptu New Year's party in our suite. We wanted some hors d'oeuvres and called Whatever/whenever. On such a short notice, we were extremely impressed when the items showed up to our suite: gigantic prawns platter with oysters and cheese plate ^ ^ ^

Restaurants/Bars
Like I said, they had an in house restaurant Otto, at the hotel. From my room service, my entree was delicious. They also had 3 bars throughout the hotel. We went to wunderbar and had a couple of drinks. I had this french martini with bubbly and raspberry stuff in it. I didn't really know what was in it as the cocktail waitress was explaining it to me in French . But, it was one of the best cocktails I've had in a LONG time.

Facilities
There was a small business center, a nice gym with giant personal TVs in the basement next to the entrance to the underground.

Internet
Internet is available via wire or wifi for $20CAD a day. Wifi is free in the lobby or on the Mezzanine level seating area.

Area
The area can be confusing at times. There aren't too many establishments around the immediate surroundings. There are, however, plenty of places within walking distance. The underground connects W Montreal to Place Bonaventure, Eaton Cetre, and other places.

Everything in on Notre Dame, including a Tim Horton's and Starbucks. That's also where the nearest convenient store is.

Old Montreal/Place Jacques Cartier is about 10-15 minutes away (walking).

Overall
The hotel far surpassed my expectations. It's not just the upgrade, but every single staff I ran into smiled and made small conversations with me. Everyone was extremely friendly and courteous. Whatever/whenever was wonderful and the pre-arrival email was a nice touch.

This was probably one of the best if not the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. The service and amenities were better than some of the Four Seasons, St Regis, and Ritz I'd been to. ^

This hotel should be an exemplary to all Starwood hotels.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:17 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Well, well, well

I had an opportunity to stay at the wonderful W Montreal for several nights over Near Year's 2008. The experience was amazing. The service was impeccable, surpassing some of the Ritz, Four Seasons, and St Regis I'd stayed. ^

Before arrival, I received an email from the "hotel experience ambassador" (not the standard email, but a personal email from her) welcoming me to the hotel. She recognized my Platinum status, offered assistance and asked if there was anything I wanted ^ Well, I told her we were celebrating a special occasion and since it's going to be a NYE stay, we'd prefer some privacy.

Check-in
The moment I walked into the beautiful lobby, every staff greeted me with a warm smile and offered assistance. I took off my gloves, 180s, scarf, breathing in warm air and the check in agent first annouced my upgrade...wait... wait....*drum roll please*

"Mr. BlissWorld, we have upgrade you to our WOW Suite"

*jaws on the floor* she offered my platinum amenity, told me I'd love the suite, the sent me to my WOW suite on the 10th floor.

Suite
The WOW suite was basically a bi-level loft suite with 20 ft floor to ceiling windows. The view was pretty good, of square victoria and adjacent towers. Upon entry, I found a gigantic sofa in the middle of the living room (the size of a queen size bed) with pillows scattered around. There were a half bath, mini bar area, extra dressers, long desk, 42" plasma tv on the wall, bang and olufsen stereo system, and a large balcony with a nice view.

When I looked up, I found the bedroom loft area. A nice bathroom was situated at one corner with see-through shower walls and vanity. The rainfall shower was a nice touch. The other corner resided the W classic bed with lovely illuminated nightstands. And, there was another large LCD TV hanging from the ceiling. It was adjustable to face the bed, bathroom, or downstairs living room. A modern illuminated staircase connects both areas. It was fantastic.

The blinds were fully automated with a remote control. a touch of a button controls the various pieces of the window.

Room Service
This is where it got even better. The first night we wanted to order some room service. However, we didn't particular find the items on the menu to be interesting. We called Whatever/whenever to see if we could order from the in house restaurant, Otto. Whatever/whenever agent offered with enthusiasm and read me the menu. I asked if they had any seafood dishes with risotto. She told me the only dish they had with lobster, clams, and mussels was the linguine. I told her I wish it was risotto instead of linguine. She put me on hold. When she came back, she said she asked the chef and the chef would create the dish with risotto just for me! ^ ^ ^ Now, that's Whatever/whenever!!!!

Then, the next day, we decided to have an impromptu New Year's party in our suite. We wanted some hors d'oeuvres and called Whatever/whenever. On such a short notice, we were extremely impressed when the items showed up to our suite: gigantic prawns platter with oysters and cheese plate ^ ^ ^

Restaurants/Bars
Like I said, they had an in house restaurant Otto, at the hotel. From my room service, my entree was delicious. They also had 3 bars throughout the hotel. We went to wunderbar and had a couple of drinks. I had this french martini with bubbly and raspberry stuff in it. I didn't really know what was in it as the cocktail waitress was explaining it to me in French . But, it was one of the best cocktails I've had in a LONG time.

Facilities
There was a small business center, a nice gym with giant personal TVs in the basement next to the entrance to the underground.

Internet
Internet is available via wire or wifi for $20CAD a day. Wifi is free in the lobby or on the Mezzanine level seating area.

Area
The area can be confusing at times. There aren't too many establishments around the immediate surroundings. There are, however, plenty of places within walking distance. The underground connects W Montreal to Place Bonaventure, Eaton Cetre, and other places.

Everything in on Notre Dame, including a Tim Horton's and Starbucks. That's also where the nearest convenient store is.

Old Montreal/Place Jacques Cartier is about 10-15 minutes away (walking).

Overall
The hotel far surpassed my expectations. It's not just the upgrade, but every single staff I ran into smiled and made small conversations with me. Everyone was extremely friendly and courteous. Whatever/whenever was wonderful and the pre-arrival email was a nice touch.

This was probably one of the best if not the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. The service and amenities were better than some of the Four Seasons, St Regis, and Ritz I'd been to. ^

This hotel should be an exemplary to all Starwood hotels.
glad to hear you like it. i spent 6 nights there this summer with the family and was treated great. everyone loved it. we had two connecting rooms which were fantastic but would have loved to see the room they gave you.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Hi BlissWorld,

I'm staying there this Saturday and thanks for the excellent review! I like the photos you took! Which camera did you use? A dSLR I assume?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Hi BlissWorld,

I'm staying there this Saturday and thanks for the excellent review! I like the photos you took! Which camera did you use? A dSLR I assume?
Hi and thanks! I don't have a dslr, just a point and shoot It's a canon and they make the best cameras!

Have a great time in Montreal!
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:21 pm

Hello,

I'm here at the hotel right now on the 4th floor. I booked a regular WOW room (I think that's what it's called.) I must say, the room is pretty neat as is and the floor layout (hallway) is definitely aweing as this is something I'd only see in a movie. The staff are pretty friendly however, it's 11:20pm right now and the clubbing/bar is opened to the general public and that, to me, is rather inconvenient because like another member mentioned, you have to flash the bouncers (several of them too!) your card key and whatnot. There are line-ups all over the place making it difficult to get in and out, however, I kind of like the atmosphere that is being created. The music being played is something we never get in Vancouver - house music.

Cool hotel but I think the concept is far beyond my liking for now. We'll see how things go in the morning when things calm down. I've been travelling for over 16 hours today and I think I deserve a hot shower and some Zzz's.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:42 pm

BlissWorld, I couldn't agree more! The W in Montreal is fantastic.

Starwood would be wise to send all new recruits to be trained there.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:54 pm

Okay, so here I am at the Maple Leaf Lounge @ Dorval YUL. After spending some quiet time at the W Montreal, yes, I have to agree, it was a lot better compared to the chaos I encountered last night. I had breakfast at the W Cafe (complimentary breakfast) and spent some time in my room to finish up some last minute reports and packing. Went downstairs, the staff fired a chat with me and sent me on my way to meet my co-workers with a bottle of water. I got some time to check the hotel out while it was still quiet and it was super nice.

I'd definately come back to the W Montreal.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Hello,

I'm here at the hotel right now on the 4th floor. I booked a regular WOW room (I think that's what it's called.) I must say, the room is pretty neat as is and the floor layout (hallway) is definitely aweing as this is something I'd only see in a movie. The staff are pretty friendly however, it's 11:20pm right now and the clubbing/bar is opened to the general public and that, to me, is rather inconvenient because like another member mentioned, you have to flash the bouncers (several of them too!) your card key and whatnot. There are line-ups all over the place making it difficult to get in and out, however, I kind of like the atmosphere that is being created. The music being played is something we never get in Vancouver - house music.

Cool hotel but I think the concept is far beyond my liking for now. We'll see how things go in the morning when things calm down. I've been travelling for over 16 hours today and I think I deserve a hot shower and some Zzz's.
But also means that you can jump the queue to get into the club. I did that last time I was there. No waiting in line needed.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Great report as usual BlissWorld! W Montreal moves to the top of my W wish list.

Before I go, I'd like to attend your "how to score a fabulous suite" seminar. When/where is the next one?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by nroscoe
Before I go, I'd like to attend your "how to score a fabulous suite" seminar. When/where is the next one?
It seems that it doesn't require more than to let them know in advance that you are going to have a late night rendezvous......
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
It seems that it doesn't require more than to let them know in advance that you are going to have a late night rendezvous......
If you are talking about my "impromptu" get together, I didn't tell them until my 2nd night there
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Price check on post #187 please!

How much did the "impromptu" party cost? those ain't no mini-bar sized bottles of booze on the table...

Originally Posted by BlissWorld

Old Apr 2, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
This Weekend

I am staying at the W this weekend, and am looking forward to having a Maple Mojito in the lounge.

d.
Old May 18, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, CO/UA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Suites w/ 2 Queen Beds?

Hi All,

I'll be staying at the W next weekend. Since I need two beds, I have a Mega room booked on points to guarantee 2 queens. I'd obviously like a suite upgrade, but would probably only take it if it also has 2 queens. So, my question is- does anyone know/has anyone stayed in one of their suites that has 2 queen beds? If so I'll request that before hand.

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2008, 3:19 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by squa89
Hi All,

I'll be staying at the W next weekend. Since I need two beds, I have a Mega room booked on points to guarantee 2 queens. I'd obviously like a suite upgrade, but would probably only take it if it also has 2 queens. So, my question is- does anyone know/has anyone stayed in one of their suites that has 2 queen beds? If so I'll request that before hand.

Thanks!
There are no suites at this property with two Queen-sized beds.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.