Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by p8riotsfan
LOG IN IN THE LOBBY AND YOU GET 24 HOURS TO TAKE YOUR LAPTOP TO THE ROOM. IT WOIKED! NYUK NYUK NYUK!
thanks for the support...even though i could barely understand your post.

again, a hotel with no coffee pot in the room, very little drawer space, pififul gym, pretty but non-useful room layout (including the shower), and huge bouncerS (yes, plural) and velvet ropeS (yes, plural) at the door (even though the hotel was a ghost town) deserves a poor rating in my book. period. this hotel is the definition of all flash and little substance.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Based on my five visits to this hotel, I'd agree with what you said except:

9) the room set-up had the bathroom as soon as you enter the room on the right....then the see through shower....then the bedroom. you could see all the way through the shower to the bathroom from the bed (i.e., the wall between the bed and the shower was glass and there was only a curtain blocking the toilet. so, if someone gets up in the middle of the night, it's hard to block the light. again, fun to look at but not super practical (the calling card of the W).

This depends on what type of room you booked... I'm guessing you had a mega room. There are many different types of room layouts in this hotel.

11) for such a hip hotel, the TV was gargantuan tube style. how old fashioned.

That's why you need to stay on 10th floor

12) no wifi in the rooms. how old fashioned.
hmmm... maybe they've changed since Feb. I remembered they did have wifi in rooms (not free as usual).

In general, you are right, W and Westin target diff groups of travelers. But you have to admit that they do have very helpful concierge & staff at W Montreal.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
thanks for the support...even though i could barely understand your post.

again, a hotel with no coffee pot in the room, very little drawer space, pififul gym, pretty but non-useful room layout (including the shower), and huge bouncerS (yes, plural) and velvet ropeS (yes, plural) at the door (even though the hotel was a ghost town) deserves a poor rating in my book. period. this hotel is the definition of all flash and little substance.
What I meant was that if you wanted FREE wifi in your room, take your laptop downstairs, log in for free and then your laptop is good for 24 hrs of wifi throughout the hotel, including your room.

....and when do we consider flying DL to to see the sox???
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:40 pm
Suspended

What I meant was that if you wanted FREE wifi in your room, take your laptop downstairs, log in for free and then your laptop is good for 24 hrs of wifi throughout the hotel, including your room.
interesting. i didn't realize that. the wifi reached your room? on which floor were you staying? are there signal boosters on the floors?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 4:30 pm

interesting. i didn't realize that. the wifi reached your room? on which floor were you staying? are there signal boosters on the floors?

Beats me, but I was on the ninth floor.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:44 am

I ask this in another thread and didn't seem to have gotten a reply. But how much is the wired internet inside the room?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:07 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by chaner
I ask this in another thread and didn't seem to have gotten a reply. But how much is the wired internet inside the room?
Internal data suggests that it is $20CAD per day.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
WOW!!!!!$20 a day????Is that a record?Boy that takes b###s
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Beats me, but I was on the ninth floor.
I was on the tenth floor and had no problem getting signals either.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
not even close. the le meridien cancun charged some outrageous rate....i forget. something tells me it was close to $40 a day...maybe i am just having bad memories.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
not even close. the le meridien cancun charged some outrageous rate....i forget. something tells me it was close to $40 a day...maybe i am just having bad memories.
Close! $28 for 24 hours when I was there this past April:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...&postcount=184
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
It's CDN - with the exchange rate it's close to what is being charged in the States right now too. IMO it's outrageous these days to charge anything for internet/wi-fi service since you can buy Boingo and others for $15 per MONTH
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:08 pm

FWIW, the rate is actually 15ish per day. But again..you don't have to pay for it! Register in lobby for FREE and your account is good for 24 hours, even in room. Honest!
Old Jul 11, 2007, 4:15 pm

yup, I can confirm that (at least that was the case in Feb). I had no problem brought my laptop back from the lobby to my room on 10th floor and still had free wifi.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:04 pm

the bed is platform style and is dark wood to match the basically pitch dark nature of the room. even with all of the lights on, the room is very dark. but, the corners of the platform bed stick out. so, given the small size of the room, it is very easy to stub one's toe (as i and my companion did several times) walking around the bed.
An interesting and pleasant matter regarding this issue. I received an email requesting feedback on my stay. I had addressed this matter (smashed toes) via an email response and I was e-contacted by the manager with apologies and assurance that I contact him the next time I stay there. A week later, corporate contacts me via email and informs me that I should expect 8000 points to be redeposited into my account! Completely unsolicited and unexpected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.