Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, Canry Islands, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, Canry Islands, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How far is this hotel from the airport? Not looking for expensive taxi rides in either direction unless there is a bus.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How far is this hotel from the airport? Not looking for expensive taxi rides in either direction unless there is a bus.
10-15 min
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Trip report

I just spent 5 days at the Sheraton in Furteventura (the stay costed 96K points, and I am Bonvoy Titanium). All in all, it was pretty disappointing; I would not return unless I found a bargain rate (meaning 100 EUR / night or so; for reference, it's currently about 170 EUR/night for a standard room).

The good:
- there is some Elite recognition: we were upgraded to a bigger room with partial sea view, free breakfast, we got a bottle of decent cava (the same it's available at the breakfast buffet) and a plate of quite good cheese, and a free dinner in the buffet restaurant
- the hotel is very conveniently located from the airport. The taxi ride costs about 12 euros. There is a bus too, but it's very slows as it makes many intermediate stops; I don't think it's worth taking it, especially for more than one person with luggage
- the staff is quite nice and helpful
- there is a big supermarket within walking distance
- rooms are quite big
- the swimming pool is quite big, there is a tennis court (10 Eur/hour) and a minigolf, as well as a volleyball court
- the beach is very close

The bad:
- the rooms are tired, and not very well maintained. In our room the drains were not working very well, the fridge was not cooling well and it was full of disgusting black mold
- wifi in our room worked very poorly, to the extent that we had problems sending emails. Even in the common areas wifi coverage was spotty, especially if one also needed an electric outlet nearby. The staff was kind enough to let us use an empty meeting room to work, but it's clearly a suboptimal arrangement
- the food at the breakfast/dinner buffet is of very low level (comparable to a canteen). A few things are ok, but not more than ok, and many are actually quite bad.
- we tried an a' la carte restaurant; it was quite bad and overpriced
- there aren't many nice choices of restaurants within walking distance
- The hotel was not full but it was full enough to make the pool crowded.
- The hotel has no facilities on the beach (but one can rent an umbrella and chairs from an independent kiosk)

All in all, it feels more like a place for families and I imagine that many were coming on semi-inclusive packages from tour operators; the vast majority of guests were either young couples with young children or older/retired couples, and it seemed that they were having a good time. I personally was not that impressed.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:06 pm

Yeah, that hotel used to be great points value with SPG during very high season like NYE due to low category level and SPGs standard room policy. Now they raised the bar with points, did nothing on the hotel and applied Bonvoys sketchy policy. Now, with Sheraton Gran Canaria and Sheraton Teneriffa gone there is not much left except for RC Abama and two ACs. Sad.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
We stayed on a travel package certificate last October (2 adults and 2 kids aged 9 and 11) and had a very enjoyable stay. There were good activities for the kids (daily water polo, daily football, sometimes inflatables in the pool) and we ate at the buffet restaurant on seafood night which we thought was excellent - lobster, tuna tataki, etc. We were pleasantly surprised
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Here right now, leaving tomorrow (7 night stay).

Not much in the way of elite benefits, however it was “cheap” €125/night.

Staff are friendly enough.

Highlight is that they actually serve COKE not PEPSI
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Noticing this property charges more if you bring a 2nd person (1 adult is 29 EUR cheaper than 2). Since breakfast is included (as a LT Titanium) I find this quite the money grab. Is this acceptable due to Marriott T&C's?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Noticing this property charges more if you bring a 2nd person (1 adult is 29 EUR cheaper than 2). Since breakfast is included (as a LT Titanium) I find this quite the money grab. Is this acceptable due to Marriott T&C's?

This is a common practice in Spain (however not the case for Marriott hotels).

It’s considered that a room for 1 individual person is “cheaper” in expenses (not only for the breakfast, but also the use of towels, water, supplies, etc, etc) and normally individual rooms tend to be smaller.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 3:37 pm

Wondering if anyone has experience staying in a "regular" room with kids at this property?

I booked a one-week stay in a Deluxe room using points. We're 2 adults and 2 kids ages 2 and 4. According to the website, maximum occupancy is 2, but you can still add a rollaway bed or a crib.

The thing is, the Sheraton Fuerteventura has a Family room for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, that type of room cannot be booked with points, and I find it a bit overpriced when paying cash (around 220€ per night).

How high is the risk we're denied access to our room due to not booking a Family room being a family of 4?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chant81
Wondering if anyone has experience staying in a "regular" room with kids at this property?

I booked a one-week stay in a Deluxe room using points. We're 2 adults and 2 kids ages 2 and 4. According to the website, maximum occupancy is 2, but you can still add a rollaway bed or a crib.

The thing is, the Sheraton Fuerteventura has a Family room for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, that type of room cannot be booked with points, and I find it a bit overpriced when paying cash (around 220€ per night).

How high is the risk we're denied access to our room due to not booking a Family room being a family of 4?
Last winter I asked them the same question. they quoted me 35 eur/night/child to upgrade a points room to have more than 2 guests
Old Aug 26, 2023, 12:04 pm

Does anyone know what the difference between a Junior Suite with Terrace and a Deluxe Junior Suite is? Are the terraces on groundfloor. I really cant see any differences in the desrcicption. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Does anyone know what the difference between a Junior Suite with Terrace and a Deluxe Junior Suite is? Are the terraces on groundfloor. I really cant see any differences in the desrcicption. Thanks.
I stayed 3 times in a Junior Suite and it was always on ground floor with a terrace. Then they have rooms which are upper floor and are the size of two standard rooms. They use it as Family rooms and I think with less bedding as Deluxe Junior Suites. Have been to both but not sure what the categories of the latter was. So that would be a double size room and double size balcony with additional stretchers instead of more chairs.
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:03 pm

We just hand a 7 night stay on points, everything was good as expected, the staff were friendly and helpful.
Platinum an titanium no longer get a free buffet meal but get 50% off every meal and a free spa admission.
Had a lovely time there.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 5:55 am

50% off every meal? What are the rest of the benefits for Plat and up? Anything else on location etc., and the hotel itself?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by mking
We just hand a 7 night stay on points, everything was good as expected, the staff were friendly and helpful.
Platinum an titanium no longer get a free buffet meal but get 50% off every meal and a free spa admission.
Had a lovely time there.
I agree, had a good recent stay too.

A few notes :
- rooms are generously sized and comfortable
- staff are excellent
- good, extensive buffet breakfast. As well as the usual champagne flutes, they also put out full-size wine glasses with the chilled cava.
- generously-sized pool areas, and plenty of sunbeds. Quite a few cabanas too.
- spa is well worth visiting with your elite voucher, even if you don't book any specific treatments.

Originally Posted by Bravada04
50% off every meal? What are the rest of the benefits for Plat and up? Anything else on location etc., and the hotel itself?
Elites get a voucher for 50% off the evening buffet meal, multiple uses, which reduces the cost (from memory) from about Eur38 to Eur19 per head.
MrSnoot78 likes this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 8, 2024 at 6:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.