Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
While I don't mean to be snarky, PVG generally refers to Pudong Airport, which is nowhere near People's Square. What's more, if I were to hitch a cab at PVG, I'd probably say "People's Square" [in Chinese] (and hand the driver the precise address).
No worries, I used PVG only because there is one LRM, vs Hyatt On the Bund (Puxi) and Grand Hyatt/Park Hyatt (Pudong).
Old Apr 8, 2010, 2:14 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by moondog
上海市黄浦区南京东路789号
021-33189999

(I wouldn't have bothered to google for the vast majority of FTers, but I have fond memories of you from the shirt mission.)

Thanks, moondog. I don't know why I just did not google it myself since I use google several times a day in my job.

Ed
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: Starwood
Smile Early March stay -- GREAT!

As starwood platinum members, we had an upgrade that included the breakfast. Check-in was easy, they brought us tea. Car service was great. The complimentary breakfast buffet was amazing! Room was comfortable and nicely appointed, and somewhat spacious. View of the Bund (which we could barely see!)

Location was great, too.
Would easily stay here again!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Suddenly no Cash & Points Availability everyday until Dec 31st, 2010!

Their availability calendar is not showing any C&P availability. Very strange!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by So Pang
Their availability calendar is not showing any C&P availability. Very strange!
Expo 2010
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I just got back from this hotel, and had a great stay. I took a picture of the card the concierge gives out that has the hotel name and address in Chinese. This may help those who are coming in from the airport and want to give it to their taxi driver.

http://imgur.com/j66hv.jpg

You can get the actual card at the hotel, which on the inside has many of Shanghai's top sites with the names in both English and Chinese.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omegadeal
I just got back from this hotel, and had a great stay. I took a picture of the card the concierge gives out that has the hotel name and address in Chinese. This may help those who are coming in from the airport and want to give it to their taxi driver.

http://imgur.com/j66hv.jpg
A HUGE thumbs up, thanks!! ^^
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
I don't have any connection with the app or the developers, but if you have an iPhone, I found the app "Shanghai Taxi Guide" to be amazingly helpful. I think there are other apps like it, but this is the one I've used. Has hotels, bars, restaurants, shopping, tourist sites, etc. You find what you're looking for, it comes up, then one last click and it turns into a taxi card to show the driver. If there's any problems, it'll place a call to where you want to go. Cal also pull up maps.

That and MetroNav Shanghai are all I need there.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Comments from an early October stay:

Arrived around 7:30 pm to find no doorman or bellman in sight. Found own way with luggage to elevators and then to check in counters on tenth floor. VERY BAD SERVICE ON ARRIVAL

Evening lounge hours for snacks and drinks are 5:30 - 8:00 pm.

Upgraded to junior suite on lower floor with lounge access. Suite located in corner of building, almost triangular or wedge-shaped room with bed and desk on one side, lounge area on other side of room. Lounge and bath faced the Bund, with good skyline views (including from my bathtub), but could not see much of the river itself. Bed area faced People's Park, with views (also from the window in my dressing room/closet). So there really are select standard suites (really junior suites) for Plats to upgrade into that have views of the Bund.

Nice indoor pool about four feet deep with long hours, IIRC, 6 am-11 pm.

Large walk-under-and-through fish tank just outside of the Chinese restaurant (floor 7?).

The zonal elevators are a mess, with a transfer from my room to the lounge, street level, some restaurants, healthclub/spa/pool, Chinese restaurant, etc.

Told there was 20 yuan service charge on Expo tickets through the concierge; there was no surcharge at the St Regis.

Don't miss the large fish tank with sea turtles in the department store window just across the street on Nanjing Road at the subway station. An early morning walk along the pedestrian zone showed me group exercises, juggling, dance, etc. groups of people before the crowds, which start to build up around 9 am.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Ive been there and must admit, the "Royal Club Lounge" is very impressive! ^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Just left this hotel today. We are very impressed.

As others have mentione before, great location.
We were upgraded to a suite.

The Royal Club Lounge is really good.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:44 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Taiwaned
Just left this hotel today. We are very impressed.

As others have mentione before, great location.
We were upgraded to a suite.

The Royal Club Lounge is really good.
I left Monday morning. Beautiful hotel, rooms and lounge but the elevators are a little to confusing and I could live without the special sound effects.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:57 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by abk
and I could live without the special sound effects.
They are a Le Meridien thing, not just limited to this property.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by abk
I left Monday morning. Beautiful hotel, rooms and lounge but the elevators are a little to confusing and I could live without the special sound effects.
There are elevators in the back that take you all the way to 1st floor without having to transit at the frontdesk area.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:20 am

At the hotel presently and received an upgrade to a Bund view room. SPG.com shows Junior Suite is available during my stay, but when I asked at check-in, I was told the hotel is completely sold-out of Junior Suites. Hmmmm... maybe Housekeeping missed putting a tissue box in the junior suite, so it was not available for my upgrade.

The room is compact, but very well laid-out. The Lounge is spacious with some good offerings. Location is fabulous.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.