Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by moondog
The renovations are really annoying. I won't even go to restaurants there until they are completed.
I suppose this hotel is out of consideration when I plan my trip to Shanghai in Sept/Oct time frame. Too bad, I like the corner suites with Bund view.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:16 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by CIT85
I suppose this hotel is out of consideration when I plan my trip to Shanghai in Sept/Oct time frame. Too bad, I like the corner suites with Bund view.
There is much to consider for a hotel, rates, amenities ( gym, pool, lounge, location ), of course things like inconvenience due to double elevator rides or or three depending on what floor you are at all weigh in to the larger choice.

Not sure a 3-5' wait for another elevators is more annoying than a 5-10' taxi ride for another hotel with different set of or inferior set of amenities, or perhaps more expensive depending on your corporate rate.

I agree the corner suites with a view of People's on one side and Bund on the other are a nice perk for the higher end rooms!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this place still doing renovations? The work seems to be taking forever.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this place still doing renovations? The work seems to be taking forever.
The shopping mall is totally torn apart currently and serious renovation ongoing with scaffold all around.
Yes, entrance is thru the side, main entrance closed since beginning of year.
Lobby floor now undergoing remodel and breakfast now on the 9th floor.

If you come at rush time you can find a line from Lobby to the ground floor.

I think talking to Benjamin that they start room renovation later in the year and it will run thru 2020 or something like that.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Again? The shopping mall was renovated a couple years ago. Why does it need to be changed again so soon?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by chipmaster
There is much to consider for a hotel, rates, amenities ( gym, pool, lounge, location ), of course things like inconvenience due to double elevator rides or or three depending on what floor you are at all weigh in to the larger choice.

Not sure a 3-5' wait for another elevators is more annoying than a 5-10' taxi ride for another hotel with different set of or inferior set of amenities, or perhaps more expensive depending on your corporate rate.

I agree the corner suites with a view of People's on one side and Bund on the other are a nice perk for the higher end rooms!
JW Marriott Tomorrow Square across People's Square and Grand Hyatt are my other options.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:31 pm

JW Marriott Tomorrow Square across People's Square and Grand Hyatt are my other options.
I would scratch the GH from your list because it is on the wrong side of the river. The JW isn't a horrible choice, but People's Square is kind of annoying IMO. Jing'an and Xuhui are both better.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:50 pm

I would scratch the GH from your list because it is on the wrong side of the river. The JW isn't a horrible choice, but People's Square is kind of annoying IMO. Jing'an and Xuhui are both better.
Our offices are in Pudong, Zhang Jiang High Tech Park, so GH is actually closer by Metro. LRM and JW are on the wrong side of the river for business, but reasonable travel by Metro. Taxis are out of the question in the evenings since I have no desire to be stuck in traffic crossing the river.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:02 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

We are going to stay there later this month. It is all for the location that is good for the night and street walk. Is there a email contact at the hotel? Manager or concierge?
I'm SPG and MR Gold. Should I expect breakfast and/or club lounge access? Thx.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:15 am

Our offices are in Pudong, Zhang Jiang High Tech Park, so GH is actually closer by Metro. LRM and JW are on the wrong side of the river for business, but reasonable travel by Metro. Taxis are out of the question in the evenings since I have no desire to be stuck in traffic crossing the river.
Got you. That makes sense. Have you considered the RC Pudong?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
We are going to stay there later this month. It is all for the location that is good for the night and street walk. Is there a email contact at the hotel? Manager or concierge?
I'm SPG and MR Gold. Should I expect breakfast and/or club lounge access? Thx.
Why not look at hotels that are fully renovated?
-Portman
-JW
-Westin
-Ren Yu Garden
-Marriott City Center
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:58 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Why not look at hotels that are fully renovated?
-Portman
-JW
-Westin
-Ren Yu Garden
-Marriott City Center
It is just one night. And we want the location.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
It is just one night. And we want the location.
As for convenience to Metro and the Bund this is a good location as any, of course their are other considerations.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:19 pm

Got you. That makes sense. Have you considered the RC Pudong?
Never considered RC. I just checked for dates in Sept, 1800 RMB for RC Pudong, too expensive,

1100 RMB for JW Tomorrow Square and 900 RMB for LRM, GH is 1290 RMB, so JW and GH look like best options. Although Kerry Pudong is a very good option if I'm not chasing Hyatt or SPG/Marriott.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by chipmaster
As for convenience to Metro and the Bund this is a good location as any, of course their are other considerations.
I've never understood the appeal of People's Square myself, and the subway station is massive (e.g. long walks from many of the 20 entrances to the train platforms).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.