Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Le royal meridien shanghai

I just spent three nights at LRM last week and was very impressed. I reserved a deluxe double on the club floor and although only a gold member was upgraded to a sensational one bedroom suite. Service was excellent. However, I must admit that on the same trip I also spent a few days at the St. Regis in Singapore and that was an entirely different level of service. Still, I was happy and would stay at LRM again in a heartbeat. Also you cannot beat the location.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by wripro
I just spent three nights at LRM last week and was very impressed. I reserved a deluxe double on the club floor and although only a gold member was upgraded to a sensational one bedroom suite. Service was excellent. However, I must admit that on the same trip I also spent a few days at the St. Regis in Singapore and that was an entirely different level of service. Still, I was happy and would stay at LRM again in a heartbeat. Also you cannot beat the location.
I sent my mom to the LRM this past weekend, she was staying in PVG for 1 night and I suggested the hotel.
She loved it, and just like you said , the locatio is great ^
The staff was very helpful, and the service was great.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum; Marriot Rewards Silver; Alaska Air Miles
I just spent 5 nights here and it was great. I do have to admit that the prices there shocked me though. The dinner buffet was the equivalent of about $80US which included 1 beer. The positive thing was that the breakfast was free to platinums though. Room was very nice, was on the 49th floor. Had a great view of the Peoples Park. That rainshower showerhead thing is outstanding!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BCMike
The positive thing was that the breakfast was free to platinums though.
Are you referring to breakfast in the club lounge or actual breakfast in the restaurant for Plats? When I stayed there Jan. 08 I just had breakfast in the club lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum; Marriot Rewards Silver; Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by CIT85
Are you referring to breakfast in the club lounge or actual breakfast in the restaurant for Plats? When I stayed there Jan. 08 I just had breakfast in the club lounge.
I had breakfast at the actual restaurant (buffet downstairs near the check in desk).
Old Apr 18, 2009, 6:56 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by CIT85
You can take your breakfast either at the lounge or in the restaurant. You just need to ask.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Near Maglev?

I'd like to stay at a Starwood hotel in Shanghai Pudong somewhere close or at least easily accessible to the maglev station so I can get to the airport quickly. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I'd like to stay at a Starwood hotel in Shanghai Pudong somewhere close or at least easily accessible to the maglev station so I can get to the airport quickly. Any thoughts?
The St. Regis is reasonably close to Longyang Rd. and I think there is a 4 Points nearby as well, but I would advise against putting too much emphasis on the "proximity to Maglev station" factor in your decision process because:

1) even though the Maglev journey itself only takes 8 minutes, by the time you factor in your ride to the Maglev station, wait time (3 trains/hour so average wait is 10 minutes), and the walk from the airport Maglev station to the terminal, you're pushing 40 minutes, even from the hotels that are close to Longyang Rd. Stn.
2) if you allow yourself 50 minutes to get to the airport, you can stay some place really convenient, like People's Square or Jing'an District. For me, those extra 10 minutes are well worth it.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
hear hear

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Well, sorry to go against the trend of this thread, but I for one, would hope that charges are strictly enforced for guest visits into the lounges. I like these lounges for the sole purpose of getting away from the noise and busy-ness of the restaurants and/or bars, and is one decent place (other than my room) where I can have a quiet conversation, or just sit alone to work, etc. If patrons do not respect the lounges' guest policies, or expect not to pay for something which they are not entitled to, then I would definitely have a word with the lounge manager if i ever saw this.
I completely support this
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Have any of you stayed here as a Plat with double beds? What kind of upgrade did you receive?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
no much actually. The best you can get is an uppor floor junior suite. For complementary breakfast you get to choose between the lounge or Le Bistro. However, breakfast is not very good, despite the fact that it is a cat. 5 hotel. For bath amenities, you will get a set of L'occitane.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by pelapela
no much actually. The best you can get is an uppor floor junior suite. For complementary breakfast you get to choose between the lounge or Le Bistro. However, breakfast is not very good, despite the fact that it is a cat. 5 hotel. For bath amenities, you will get a set of L'occitane.
Thank you. Would Westin or St. Regis be better for an upgrade with 2 beds? Also, does Meridian still offer the complimentary appy's and alcoholic drinks in the lounge in the evening?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thank you. Would Westin or St. Regis be better for an upgrade with 2 beds? Also, does Meridian still offer the complimentary appy's and alcoholic drinks in the lounge in the evening?
You get biggest room in St.Regis, both single and double beds, among these three properties, but the room is bit old. Le meridien has best location and room design, my personal opinion. In westin, you will get a junior suites as well, but the room is definately larger than Le meridien's. Not sure, if westin has double beds junior suite. And, I like Westin's breafast the most. These three properties do have lounges and offer evening cocktail. If you like evening cocktail, don't choose st. regis. There really is nothing in st. regis' evening cocktail.

Last edited by pelapela; Jul 11, 2009 at 8:36 am
Old Jul 13, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
LRM is Still the Nicest

I just checked into LRM late last night after a late flight into PVG, for 4 nights on C&P. I was preassigned a junior suite on 44th floor. I asked for an upgrade to a 2-room suite because there were 3 of us, inlcuding our 13 yo daughter. The 2-room lay-out gives all of us a little more room, including a powder room, and my daughter can go to bed earlier without having us bothering her.

After calling the night duty manager, the front desk agent said that normally upgrades require addtional upcharge. However, as a Platinum member, they will upgrade me to a 2-room suite as an exception.^ The room is as nice as I remembered. We had breakfast this morning in Le Bistrot which was quite nice. The variety is good, much better than the breakfast at the Lounge.

We just completed 5 award nights at the St. Regis Bejing in a Stateman's Suite. The St. Regis Bejing service is much better than LRM Shanghai. But otherwise, I prefer LRM Shanghai.

The LRM now has a full menu of items for using starpoints, including upgrades to every level of room type, including the Royal Suite for 12,000 points (assuming it's from the lowest room type). The cash equivalent for use on food and beverages is at 100 RMB for 750 points, 50% better than the $10 per 750 points standrd value.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat
You cannot get a double bed room in Westin - only King-size bed room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.