Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dhammer53
This room had to be at least 350' ft. 2 bottles of Evian water in the room. And one last classy thing, the hotel uses Spiegelau water glasses bedside. ^

dh
I was there last weekend too - arrived Friday for two free weekend nights on the promo. One thing you didn't mention was the great chocolate bar which they left in the room each evening.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 3:01 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
I was able to get the SR for next Sunday night. Saturdays, however, do seem booked up.

October 2-4 is the USC Weekender, so a bunch of parents who can spend $40k+++ a year to send their kids to college are coming to the Bay Area and all the Starwood Properties in San Francisco are charging significantly more that weekend... St. Francis is the official hotel with a group rate of $225, for example.
Right, this has nothing to do with the fact it's considered a pretty big game and that raises room rates, it's definitely because University of Spoiled Children will be in town (I say this in jest as it costs $40k+/year to send an out of state student to Cal as well).

Alas, one of those $40k+/years will bring about the fall of Troy on October 17 .

Unfortunately the hotels in Berkeley and the East Bay aren't exactly the creme de la creme so with the easy access from across the water, SF rates rise with large events at Cal. If only a small town in Northern Indiana had such options available.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Unfortunately the hotels in Berkeley and the East Bay aren't exactly the creme de la creme so with the easy access from across the water, SF rates rise with large events at Cal. If only a small town in Northern Indiana had such options available.
They do have such options... It is called Chicago!

Now, back on topic, I will report back on my stay at the St Regis SF next week.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I am staying here next week with Mrs IsleTraveller to celebrate a milestone wedding anniversary using a free weekend night .... I am hoping that as a P, I would get some sort of an upgrade.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Our stay for this weekend has disappeared from spg.com and it doesn't recognize our confirmation number. I hope that's not a bad sign...
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Just finished a pleasant stay here this weekend. Nice high floor (15th) with a view of the Bay Bridge. I was disasppointed not to get the chocolate, but re-reading this thread, I guess that's only for Platinums.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Aug 17, 2009 at 11:41 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Just finished a leasant stay here. . .
Is that good?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Is that good?
I think he meant pleasant...
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gabo02
Ah! That makes more sense.

I even went so far as to look up 'leasant.' Didn't consider that a letter was missing. Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by gabo02
Fixed. Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
I have a funny story about this hotel!

I think this hotel is great! I brought my wife here when we first started dating about 4 years ago and thought I'd upgrade to this hotel to show off a little to her! We checked in and she was in awe at the cars parked outside and how cool the lobby was and I felt like king turd of poop island as we walked to the elevator! We waited for the elevator and the door opened.................. out of the elevator came out two older gentleman in leather chaps, a leather vest and a very small pair of underwear on!!! Turns out there was an S&M festival in SF that week! We still laugh about that story!

But the hotel was great, I was very entertained by the electronics in the room like the remote control blinds and lights! Very cool place, very well located, great location for a ball game, within a decent walk of the park!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Got done with a weekend stay. Got there, upgraded from standard room to deluxe. I check on my BB before we entered the hotel and knew there were Astor suites avail. Upon check in, said they dont have any. I showed the lady my phone saying that you do. She said ok, I have a smoking AS avail. I said sure Ill take it. Then the girl next to her said something to her and now, they dont have one anymore. I get up to my room and call spg. They ring the hotel and then got a AS. It was such a hassle, still showed Astor suites avail all night on their system. Good hotel, Ive stayed there before, but if I were going to use another night, Im going back to the W next door.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I was disasppointed not to get the chocolate, but re-reading this thread, I guess that's only for Platinums.
IMHO, you didn't miss much. It's milk chocolate with either crisped rice or nuts, really not any better than a Nestle Crunch or other standard candy bar. It is only for Platinums but at this point most of the time I don't even open it. I would much prefer the 500 points if they offered it (or a fruit plate, or fruit and cheese, or even beer and popcorn).
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
IMHO, you didn't miss much. It's milk chocolate with either crisped rice or nuts, really not any better than a Nestle Crunch or other standard candy bar. It is only for Platinums but at this point most of the time I don't even open it. I would much prefer the 500 points if they offered it (or a fruit plate, or fruit and cheese, or even beer and popcorn).
+1. It did taste like a nestle crunch bar lol.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EP
Just finished a pleasant stay here this weekend. Nice high floor (15th) with a view of the Bay Bridge. I was disasppointed not to get the chocolate, but re-reading this thread, I guess that's only for Platinums.
You can have mine. It's aged. It has been sitting here on my desk for almost a month.

I did enjoy the 5 mini bottles of Evian they left next to the bed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.