FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/606824-st-regis-san-francisco-master-thread.html)

Nachoman Jul 6, 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by ps9a (Post 12017983)
If you're spending most of your time in downtown SF, BART, while only a block and a half away, will be of little use to you. The St. Regis does currently have 1 car (it's an Acura now), but it's not going to take you to Berkeley. I'd rent a car or hire a limo, which I'm sure the hotel can do for you, but I'm guessing you'll find a better deal getting the limo on your own.

Gotcha, thanks everyone.

Yeah it sounds like a private car will be the same price as just renting a car. I've been told there's cheaper lots around the hotel for 30bucks a day. I think we're just going to suck it up and rent a car.

rogerck Jul 6, 2009 12:39 pm

Just stayed here over fourth of July weekend. First trip as a plat and got "upgraded" to a room on a higher floor. Asked if there was anything else I could get, but no luck.

Other than that enjoyed the experience, save for the fact that the concierges were useless. Favorite instance was while I was asking one of the concierges about a recommendation for some food spots for some late night dining. While I was talking to her about recommendations, she told me to "hold on" and then walked over to some guy and his kid and started talking to the kid for five minutes about how he liked his dinner and if he was excited to see fireworks. On top of that, she gave me a list of a couple of places, all of which were obviously closed from the hours on the menus she was showing me. Good stuff.

easyway Jul 6, 2009 7:18 pm

Stayed there over july 4 weekend and received as plat an astor suite upgrade on high floor. A lovely property with a first rate restaurant in ame and excellant service provided throughout hotel. Can't go wrong here if you can pay the freight.

skankmofo Jul 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 11954563)
It's not true. They are required to give you a welcome amenity. At this property, it usually includes a tray of food with water at turn down.

I noticed they didn't ask me what my amenity should be when I checked in, when I asked the person at the front desk later on she told me they give complimentary room upgrades and a chocolate bar at turn down. I was offered a suite, but I was checking in rather early and would have had to wait 5 hours for it, so I turned it down for normal size room.

Stayed on a weekend night award, overall very nice hotel, but would never consider paying the $300+ they charge...other nearly as nice hotels for much less nearby.

Also, this is my first time at a St. Regis, is it normal to not have an iron in the room? I had to call down to get one as it didn't come with the room.

MikeBOS Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 11954563)
It's not true. They are required to give you a welcome amenity. At this property, it usually includes a tray of food with water at turn down.

I have been staying at this property at least monthly since it opened, as a Platinum the entire time, and not once have I received a tray of food as welcome amenity. About 50% of the time I get a mediocre chocolate bar, the other 50% nothing. I stay there because I like the hotel, not because of the platinum amenity.

MikeBOS Jul 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 11954663)
It seems from the recent posts that Platinums no longer get Suite Upgrades at this property?

My last 3 stays (all in the last month and a half) I got only a 1 or 2 category room upgrade, no suite upgrade as was formerly the case (I stay at this property about once a month and have been doing so since it opened). So there does seem to be some change in policy. Honestly, when traveling on business I don't care, because I don't need the extra space. On my next trip, though, I will be with my wife and will ask for the suite in advance. We'll see, I guess, if that makes any difference.

kevino Jul 14, 2009 10:48 am

So you can't ask for 500 SPG points as your welcome Platinum Amenity?

Starwood Lurker Jul 14, 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by kevino (Post 12064505)
So you can't ask for 500 SPG points as your welcome Platinum Amenity?

That isn't what the welcome amenity is for the St. Regis brand in North America. Rather it is a locally-selected welcome amenity.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

365RoadWarrior Jul 14, 2009 11:35 am

Spent last Friday and Saturday nights there. Fine hotel for my needs. But I sure didn't see any upgrades or Plat amenities. Maybe some points will show up in my account. No big deal to me.

roberto.triviani Jul 15, 2009 2:28 am

sr on free weekend night award

Hey everyone,

I booked a stay at the SR using the promo award.

1 King
42 Inch Plasma Tv, Wi-fi Internet For A Fee, Low Floor, Separate Bath/shower/toilet, Superior Non-smoking, Lower Floor, Contemporary Decor And Furniture, Plasma Tv In Bathroom, Soak Tubs, Guest Digital System, 450-500sqft

Now my question is, is there a way to get a better room with this reservation (from the reservation not with upgrades later on). I know that when you book with points you can select a better room (or am I wrong about this?)

Many thanks for your time.

Roberto

Starwood Lurker Jul 15, 2009 9:59 am

Originally Posted by roberto.triviani (Post 12068569)
...Now my question is, is there a way to get a better room with this reservation (from the reservation not with upgrades later on).

No.

I know that when you book with points you can select a better room (or am I wrong about this?)...
Promotional awards cannot be upgraded this way. Regular Preferred (free) Night Awards can be booked as upgraded awards for extra Starpoints provided the hotel allows that.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

roberto.triviani Jul 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for your fast reply =)

Roberto

DFWFlier Jul 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 11954663)
It seems from the recent posts that Platinums no longer get Suite Upgrades at this property?

On my last one-night stay (about a month ago), was told I was "upgraded", but got to the room and it was by far the smallest room I've ever had at this property - seemed like a regular standard room, maybe a higher floor. Checked spg.com and there were plenty of suites and corner rooms available for sale. Called the front desk, got passed around a little, and they "found" an Astor suite. Definitely different than my prior experiences, when I've always received at least a corner room or Astor Suite, and sometimes a Metropolitan suite.

SanDiego1K Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

I had a lovely stay redeeming summer free nights. I've not stayed in a Starwood property before in San Francisco, so I was surprised to find the W and Westin each within a block of the St Regis.

We found the hotel very intimate and sleek, both of which are our preferences. Despite the hotel being fully booked on Saturday night, we had the good fortune to be upgraded to an Astor Suite. Others have spoken of the Metropolitan Suite. That suite is 1100 sq ft; the Astor Suite is 700 sq ft. Looking at pictures, it appears the big difference is that the Astor Suite does not have a dining table. We were very comfortable and very happy in our room. It is in the corner with large glass windows, with a peak thru buildings to the water. The desk is in a nook to the side of the living room, where the TV can be easily seen. The living room is filled with a comfortable sectional and a chair. There are blackout curtains in the bedroom, which make it easy to continue sleeping in the morning. The bathroom is small but efficiently laid out. There are two sinks, and a separate tub and shower.

We had already booked our restaurants, important if you want any of the top ones. The concierge was very meticulous to give us good instructions on how to use BART to get to Chez Panisse in Berkeley. It turned out to be quite an easy thing to do it, and a trip we'd definitely repeat. BART cost $3.65 one way. I had intended to take BART to the airport. However, the first train on Sunday is at 8:40am, too late for my 10am flight. Again, the concierge proactively offered me this information and saved me a serious hiccup in my trip home. BART now costs $8.10 to the airport.

There is a computer on the 3rd floor where you can print out boarding cards for free.

I ate at Duccas for lunch, just a block from the hotel. I chose it randomly, as it offered outside seating. I was surprised to subsequently learn it is part of the Westin.

We are very pleased with the modern elegance and comfort of the hotel, and want to return when in San Francisco again.

persian316 Jul 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Occupancy

Does anyone know the occupancy policy for the St. Regis? Is it a maximum of 2 guests per room? are they really strict about this rule? could i get away with having 3 individuals in one room?