Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Well, clearly, they do get it right on occasion, don't they?
I think the point is, do they get it right on ALL occasions (subject to avail of course).

.....I do believe that they can use some guidance, however, so everyone should keep letting us know when they fail to meet expectations.
We are certainly keeping you informed when they failed to meet expectations. Question is: what action if any has been taken on the part of SPG?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by tommy777
How do you define "your best customers?".
I was on an FT hiatus...

"Best Customers:" Those with platinum status
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:27 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I think the point is, do they get it right on ALL occasions (subject to avail of course).
That is a hard question to answer. After all, someone's perception is what is reality to them, even if it is in error.

We are certainly keeping you informed when they failed to meet expectations. Question is: what action if any has been taken on the part of SPG?
I think the answer to the question is abundantly clear if you read the last two pages or so of this thread. If you are looking for a transcript of the phone calls or a copy of the internal email strings, I'm going to have to respectfully decline.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold
Are People getting credited or offered Platinum amenity at check-in?

I know i wasn't offered a choice, nor was the platinum in the counter next to me that got the upgrade checking in after me. Usually if points don't post by now, they never do on their own.

The Luxury Collection & St. Regis – choice of 500 Starpoints or a locally-selected property amenity*

Platinum Points on my trip were fine at sheraton calsbad, sheraton park anaheim, w san francisco, but missing W Hollywood and St. Regis. I've contacted online chat so far for W Hollywood but will give St. Regis a couple days since checkout was Monday. Also, Valet parking fees should appear in the starpoints area right away or are they listed only when the amex statement closes?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by crazywudsl
I know i wasn't offered a choice, nor was the platinum in the counter next to me that got the upgrade checking in after me. Usually if points don't post by now, they never do on their own.

The Luxury Collection & St. Regis – choice of 500 Starpoints or a locally-selected property amenity*

Platinum Points on my trip were fine at sheraton calsbad, sheraton park anaheim, w san francisco, but missing W Hollywood and St. Regis. I've contacted online chat so far for W Hollywood but will give St. Regis a couple days since checkout was Monday. Also, Valet parking fees should appear in the starpoints area right away or are they listed only when the amex statement closes?
Did you say anything while on site? If you knew were asked, why not say something? I don't believe that you should need to.

I would suggest calling CCS to open an investigation. The property will get dinged and there will most likely be some "retraining". By doing this, you'll get your points and prevent this from happening in the future.

Parking points will not appear on your folio only in your SPG account as "SPG AX BASE SPEND" (or something worded like that)
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold
I'll follow up as usual....

Most of the time, i do ask about points during check-in, sometimes i forget until the next day when passing by the counter again. For the St. Regis, I wasn't sure of the platinum amenity and didn't quite remember just because I was already ticked off during the check-in which i briefly mentioned earlier as such in condensed form:

Hi, did you have anything available for upgrades
you've been upgraded (to deluxe room, basically 1 category)
Anything else, nope sorry.
Minute later, platinum guest arrives to the right and is told due to your platinum status you've been given a complimentary suite upgrade (smack face, okay...any reasoning except the one below would have made me feel better).
I then inquire why he got the upgrade but i didn't...was told the he "paid" for his "complimentary? upgrade"...okay...so i say there is nothing above delux but below suites even available...she then asks her neighbor whether Premium rooms are available to be given as a platinum upgrade..told yes..so now i'm preassigned into a Premium room 2 levels above the lowest category. I'm ppositive check-in people who are new are given the go ahead to upgrade 1 category only otherwise how would she not know that Premium rooms are okay to give to platinums let alone suites? I told her i'd be checking in late at night, which she states is great because then they will have time to clean the room (at around 2pm, no rooms at all are ready to check in even for my neighboring platinum).
When i do check-in after a rehearsal wedding dinner, i'm downgraded back to a deluxe room.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by crazywudsl
Most of the time, i do ask about points during check-in, sometimes i forget until the next day when passing by the counter again. For the St. Regis, I wasn't sure of the platinum amenity and didn't quite remember just because I was already ticked off during the check-in which i briefly mentioned earlier as such in condensed form:

Hi, did you have anything available for upgrades
you've been upgraded (to deluxe room, basically 1 category)
Anything else, nope sorry.
Minute later, platinum guest arrives to the right and is told due to your platinum status you've been given a complimentary suite upgrade (smack face, okay...any reasoning except the one below would have made me feel better).
I then inquire why he got the upgrade but i didn't...was told the he "paid" for his "complimentary? upgrade"...okay...so i say there is nothing above delux but below suites even available...she then asks her neighbor whether Premium rooms are available to be given as a platinum upgrade..told yes..so now i'm preassigned into a Premium room 2 levels above the lowest category. I'm ppositive check-in people who are new are given the go ahead to upgrade 1 category only otherwise how would she not know that Premium rooms are okay to give to platinums let alone suites? I told her i'd be checking in late at night, which she states is great because then they will have time to clean the room (at around 2pm, no rooms at all are ready to check in even for my neighboring platinum).
When i do check-in after a rehearsal wedding dinner, i'm downgraded back to a deluxe room.
Well it appears you actually did not check in the first time. Thats the catch, the time you actually check in. I know...I know. But that's the technicality that they will get you on.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
So does the Bentley service still exist? I saw a recent post mentioning it but I didn't see it on the St. Regis website. Maybe I just missed something.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by astan100
So does the Bentley service still exist? I saw a recent post mentioning it but I didn't see it on the St. Regis website. Maybe I just missed something.
It's Acura now, I believe???
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by ramalama8
It's Acura now, I believe???
sure you're not confusing it with the W?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
sure you're not confusing it with the W?
Could be
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks for this post. I called down and made sure my request for points as amenity was logged.

Also when I dialed the butler answered the call. Amazing since no mention was made this time or in the past of this service. Just goes to confirm the butler system is hit and miss.

They still have a Bentley available on a first come, first serve basis. Two mile radius.

We were upgraded in advance to a Astor Suite, received chocolates and a bottle of champagne. The Hotel continues to feel like a residence but there are signs of wear from just one year ago. We continue to like the property.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:31 am

coffee from Butler - is it free or charged

If I were to order coffee from the Butler, is it free or charged?
Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
FWIW, the OP did send me the email identifying the person who wrote it. Management of the St. Regis San Francisco says they will use this guest's experience to redouble their efforts to ensure that everyone working at the front desk knows exactly what is expected as far as SPG elite member benefits are concerned.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
My bold.
Let me give you a report of the result of that management effort.
During check-in, I was not recognized as a plat. I didn't say a word or make any demand. No welcome gift. Got a room on the 13th fl.
When requested for a late check out at 4pm. I was told 3 was ok, not 4. I said thanks and hung up. Later that day, I called again for 4pm check out and was granted by a different front desk staff.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Any recent experiances with this hotel?

I'm planning for a 3 night stay after a very VERY long flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.